Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Detoxing

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Why would anybody need or want to do a detox, what does it mean, and what is it good for?

Why is this in the Debate section?
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    nosajjao wrote: »
    I really don't understand why so many people on MFP have such a strong hatred/aversion to regular water.

Could it be for a variety of reasons the tap water in their area tastes like *kitten* and for whatever reason they don't want to buy bottled water?
  • Gioeyebrow
    Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
    fluffygio wrote: »
    Well im not going to recomend her doing the master cleanse like im doing thats against mfp guide lines but those foods are sure a good way to start detoxing very very slowly but surely

Thers more diets you can llok up for detoxing and not all are hard

No, they aren't. I'm not saying don't eat those foods (they're tasty and provide nutrients), but they aren't a way to detox.
    Ok what do you sugest than smarty pants?
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    I don't drink Drain-O, so need for a detox. :tongue:

Seriously - it's been said already - you don't need a detox if your organs are functioning correctly. Eat good food, exercise, drink water, take rest days, get good sleep. Bam.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I don't get why using the word "detox" incorrectly is a thing nowadays.

Makes me want to tell the kids to get off my lawn.

^Same. It's become such a nonsense buzzword anymore. Most people who use it seem to use it as a synonym for "healthy" rather than a shortening of "detoxify." And even they don't agree on it's usage. The word is losing all meaning.

*shakes fist at kids on the grass*
  • krishnap1104
    krishnap1104 Posts: 53 Member
    This isn't a detox but every morning on an empty stomach I drink hot water with lemon and honey.