Meals to lose belly fat

Options

Replies

• hassankarimi82
    hassankarimi82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Regardless, I think we all have good intentions here, however, its what works for that individual. There is no right or wrong way to go about things.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    Btw, well done everyone eating carbs and loosing weight. No need to be so highly strung about how people choose to loose weight.
    I eat carbs, I feel crap. I limit intake of carbs to fresh veg and very, very little fruit and all is well with the world.

BTW, have a look at this...

http://www.dietdoctor.com/calorie-theory-obesity-falsified?utm_source=Diet+Doctor+Newsletter&utm_campaign=b4593ed146-Test&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_41db911777-b4593ed146-463916693

As someone who always asks questions, looking for different ideas. I want to ask this. I'm not criticising, or bashing or trying to undermine. It's just a thought that popped in my head. What if those of us that have studied nutrition and diet at university level have been taught wrong?

One last thing, low carb high fat is working for me. Why does that irritate so much?

I can only speak for myself.

It is not your success that bothers me. I am quite happy you found something that works for you. That said, it is obvious to me that you don't fully understand why it worked.

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but I believe you claimed to achieve your weight loss in a caloric surplus, and that it was because you reduced your carbs that you succeeded.

How something worked is not the same as why something worked. Low carb was the tool you used, it worked because you were in an energy deficit, regardless of what you think. And to state otherwise is, IMO, very irresponsible.

So, are you saying for instance, a 100 calories of spinach will behave the same as 100 calories of banana?

Calories are units of energy so yes. As far as the nutrients, of course they both offer different things.

This is why I take an inclusive approach to nutrition. I look at what I can add to my diet rather then what I can eliminate. I find it very difficult to over eat "junk" food when I am focusing on my protein, fat and fiber goals.

That said, once my needs are met and calories are still available to me, I see no harm including "junk" foods into an over all healthy diet.

So, are you saying for instance, 100 calories of protein is the same as a 100 calories of carbs is the same as 100 calories of fats???

It's already been said several times, but calories are a unit of energy. For weight loss you must be in a calorie deficit to lose weight. Macro composition does not matter for weight loss. Calories matter for weight loss.

Calories. Calories. And yes, Calories.

Peoples, this isn't that complicated :p
  • hassankarimi82
    Options
    Regardless, I think we all have good intentions here, however, its what works for that individual. There is no right or wrong way to go about things.

yes but you still have to eat at a calorie deficit to lose weight no matter what your diet is comprised of. Our issue is that he claims he is a freak of nature who can eat at a surplus and lose weight when that is not possible

I don't 'claim' to be a freak. I AM ONE!!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options

yes but you still have to eat at a calorie deficit to lose weight no matter what your diet is comprised of. Our issue is that he claims he is a freak of nature who can eat at a surplus and lose weight when that is not possible

I don't 'claim' to be a freak. I AM ONE!!

wasn't referring to you in that statement ;)
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Cirtisol ie stress can add to the stomach too
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Cortisol
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    It's because you are claiming you eat at a surplus and lose weight when that is physically impossible

You can lose weight for a while eating at a surplus. Water weight that is. The bayesianbodybuilding link he posted said as much, not that he got what that means.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

There's always a wrong way to do something.
  • hassankarimi82
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

A matter of perspective. There's three ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way and the way that I do it.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

A matter of perspective. There's three ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way and the way that I do it.

For instance, lighting the cat on fire is the wrong way to teach it to fetch.

Also, eating at a surplus of calories is the wrong way to lose weight.
  • hassankarimi82
    Options

This is getting all Pavlovian. I never said I lost weight in a surplus of calories. I lost body fat.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options

This is getting all Pavlovian. I never said I lost weight in a surplus of calories. I lost body fat.

There's another person up thread who's claiming that he did.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Again we are not talking about you we are talking about someone upthread who said he lost weight in a surplus
  • hassankarimi82
    Options

There's another person up thread who's claiming that he did.

Maybe we should be friends then and get our own thread and everything!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options

Are you saying you were bulking and put on enough muscle to offset your percentage of body fat?
  • hassankarimi82
    Options

Are you saying you were bulking and put on enough muscle to offset your percentage of body fat?

Yes, exactly this.
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Like everyone has said nothing can spot reduce belly fat. Just eating less will make it go away. Unfortunately, belly fat is usually the last to go. Keep at it, you'll get there!!! :)
  • hassankarimi82
    Options
    Like everyone has said nothing can spot reduce belly fat. Just eating less will make it go away. Unfortunately, belly fat is usually the last to go. Keep at it, you'll get there!!! :)

Its a culmination of elements, not just reducing what you eat.