Meals to lose belly fat

Options
123457»

Replies

• ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Like everyone has said nothing can spot reduce belly fat. Just eating less will make it go away. Unfortunately, belly fat is usually the last to go. Keep at it, you'll get there!!! :)

Its a culmination of elements, not just reducing what you eat.

Well, for me it was. I didn't do anything except start eating at the correct calorie allotment for my weight loss goals and fast forward 50ish pounds lost, I have a flat stomach (my profile picture was taken a week ago, there's also a 'before' picture loaded in my profile area to give you an idea of what I used to look like). I didn't exercise, or cut out any foods I liked, or start following a certain macros breakdown (I've never tracked macros). I just reduced the amount of food I consumed ie calories. And as an extra bonus-I've given birth to 3 kids as well :p
  • hassankarimi82
    hassankarimi82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Like everyone has said nothing can spot reduce belly fat. Just eating less will make it go away. Unfortunately, belly fat is usually the last to go. Keep at it, you'll get there!!! :)

Well, for me it was. I didn't do anything except start eating at the correct calorie allotment for my weight loss goals and fast forward 50ish pounds lost, I have a flat stomach (my profile picture was taken a week ago, there's also a 'before' picture loaded in my profile area to give you an idea of what I used to look like). I didn't exercise, or cut out any foods I liked, or start following a certain macros breakdown (I've never tracked macros). I just reduced the amount of food I consumed ie calories. And as an extra bonus-I've given birth to 3 kids as well :p

OP 'Meals to lose belly fat' - There are none. There. End of.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Great, well-written summary of exactly that here: http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/superfoods/?awt_l=BV.g9&awt_m=3gv.Upbtrx0ExV5

I like his style.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

Great, well-written summary of exactly that here: http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/superfoods/?awt_l=BV.g9&awt_m=3gv.Upbtrx0ExV5

I like his style.

Fantastic article!
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options

The science is simple. Eat less than your body burns, and you will lose weight. Being in a deficit is the key. If someone isn't focused on specific macros for protein for muscle gain/maintenance or whatever the desire, then they don't need to do anything more than monitor calorie intake, hence, my comment about "eating less".
  • hassankarimi82
    Options

The science is simple. Eat less than your body burns, and you will lose weight. Being in a deficit is the key. If someone isn't focused on specific macros for protein for muscle gain/maintenance or whatever the desire, then they don't need to do anything more than monitor calorie intake, hence, my comment about "eating less".

More than one way to create a deficit, not just 'diet' related.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

Whether the deficit is created by lowering intake or by increasing output, the fact still stands.
  • hassankarimi82
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

Whether the deficit is created by lowering intake or by increasing output, the fact still stands.

Absolutely! What I said.
  • MalcolmX1983
    MalcolmX1983 Posts: 214 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Anyone tried smearing butter on their stomach every night to help with belly fat?
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    Anyone tried smearing butter on their stomach every night to help with belly fat?

I thought it was coconut oil???
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options

Yes. Def. more than one way. I was just saying she needs to be in a deficit. Usually that is easier for people to eat less, than to spend the hours in the gym trying to burn off a piece of bread. Either way, getting into a deficit was my only advice. Should've been more clear.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options

Yes. Def. more than one way. I was just saying she needs to be in a deficit. Usually that is easier for people to eat less, than to spend the hours in the gym trying to burn off a piece of bread. Either way, getting into a deficit was my only advice. Should've been more clear.

Nah, I don't think you needed to be more clear. A lot of hair splitting going on...
  • MalcolmX1983
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I say mix them and smear it over the belly.
    Then wrap the stomach in foil before getting into bed.
    Gots to shock that belly fat and keep it guessing, right babe?

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

Add salt, too.
    But don't go to the roof and fall asleep in the sun.. ....
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options

Its always coconut oil. That *kitten* cures EVERYTHING!
  • Carlos_421
    Options

Bro, I'm a dude...
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »

Its always coconut oil. That kitten cures EVERYTHING!

It's the apple cider vinegar of the future.
  • MalcolmX1983
    Options

Bro, I'm a dude...

Yes, the username was a hint.
    Rich Piana broski.
  • yami0385
    yami0385 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Add strength training. I did a lot of cardio and still have belly fat at my ideal weight. I lost muscle and looked really skinny and flabby it was horrible. Minimize cardio do total body workouts at least 3x a week.