married chit-chatters?

Options

Replies

• kota4bye
    kota4bye Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    kota4bye wrote: »
    Hey, playing catch up and just dropping in.

Welcome back!

Thanks, as always enjoying your insightful posts!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Still married. And living, I found out.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »

How did you find out?
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    The best chance of "survival" is within a community... talk to your neighbors, family and friends... WTSHTF... IF you can all act together and stay put you will be happier and safer... IF at some point you do have to hit the road Rick and the Gang have proven over and over your chances are better in a group.
    RavenLibra wrote: »
    I missed the camping thread... :'( We live close to the mountains WAAAYup here in Canadaland... Eastern slopes of the rockies... SO... packing up the gear and heading into "the bush" (what Canadians call "Forest" ) is a regular thing... because of some of the terrain, and roads we don't trailer... we just tent it... although I have been scoping out trailers designed for 4x4-ing... basically the 4x4 trailer contains a kitchen unit, potable water, and more elaborate (Australian) versions have a pop-up tent platform that puts your sleeping quarters about 6-7 feet above the ground. Also good IF a family needs to bug out in a big hurry (ala the Fort mac fires or other such natural disaster). it can remain packed and ready to roll in minutes.. with enough food, water and other supplies to meet your needs for a couple weeks if necessary. who else is into the TEOTWAWKI? I read an interesting article about preppers today...

We are. Actually saving up to purchase land and make a hidden bunker (by which I mean a dome house we could also camp in :tongue: ). We used to stockpile but watched enough Walking Dead that we're now focusing more on bugging out efficiently (surviving with a backpack and skills). We've got a lot to learn but its been a fun journey.

• BinaryPulsar
    Options

How did you find out?

I woke up, had no money in my wallet and immediately felt no matter what I said I would be wrong.

I thought something caused you to find out you are living? Maybe that was the waking up part? That sounds like found out you are married.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options

How did you find out?

I woke up, had no money in my wallet and immediately felt no matter what I said I would be wrong.

I thought something caused you to find out you are living? Maybe that was the waking up part? That sounds like found out you are married.

Oh yeah, that is how I know I am married. :p
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Lol :smiley:
  • BinaryPulsar
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Last weekend I went to the amusement park fair with my husband. There was a concert (Culture Club). I wore my rainbow thigh high socks. We went on the ferris wheel and could see all the pretty lights. Then someone gave us the rest of their rides. And we went on three more different rides. I was laughing. We had so much fun together. Sometimes I still feel like newly falling in love, but with these 20 years of knowing each other. I hadn't been to an amusement park alone with my husband in a while. It's a very fun thing to do. I will definitely do that again. I love building memories together. I just wanted to share. And always looking for more fun date ideas.

We do: dancing, concerts, walk/hike, amusement park, movies, lingerie shopping, skating. Those are the main things. Would love to come up with more ideas. The amusement park was so much fun!
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    projectsix wrote: »
    Oh thank god there's this thread cause I gotta a real problem here. I signed up on Ashley Madison so that I could cheat on my wife discretely. I've found some gorgeous married women on there and exchanged a few PM's but so far nothing has clicked. I'm just trying to "Find your moment" like their motto says. Can anyone help here?

I don't have any advice. But, hopefully you meet someone quick because you are obviously very bored.
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Married for ... a long time. 26 years. We delight and confound each other regularly. Just watched my father get married for the second time last week. He has outlived two wives and had to get hitched again. Marriage is weird and wonderful.
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    The best chance of "survival" is within a community... talk to your neighbors, family and friends... WTSHTF... IF you can all act together and stay put you will be happier and safer... IF at some point you do have to hit the road Rick and the Gang have proven over and over your chances are better in a group.
    I missed the camping thread... :'( We live close to the mountains WAAAYup here in Canadaland... Eastern slopes of the rockies... SO... packing up the gear and heading into "the bush" (what Canadians call "Forest" ) is a regular thing... because of some of the terrain, and roads we don't trailer... we just tent it... although I have been scoping out trailers designed for 4x4-ing... basically the 4x4 trailer contains a kitchen unit, potable water, and more elaborate (Australian) versions have a pop-up tent platform that puts your sleeping quarters about 6-7 feet above the ground. Also good IF a family needs to bug out in a big hurry (ala the Fort mac fires or other such natural disaster). it can remain packed and ready to roll in minutes.. with enough food, water and other supplies to meet your needs for a couple weeks if necessary. who else is into the TEOTWAWKI? I read an interesting article about preppers today...

We are. Actually saving up to purchase land and make a hidden bunker (by which I mean a dome house we could also camp in :tongue: ). We used to stockpile but watched enough Walking Dead that we're now focusing more on bugging out efficiently (surviving with a backpack and skills). We've got a lot to learn but its been a fun journey.

We share a farm with my in-laws and select people know to come find us if it happens. We have a garden and animals. But figured that bug out skills would be useful We stay put but stockpiling won't do us any good if we have to leave :) (We do store things that might make good currency though)
  • DarleneReid577
    DarleneReid577 Posts: 4,401 Member
    Options
    My advice would be.......divorce you wife before you cheat. Any honest man would. And personally I don't like you.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    My advice would be.......divorce you wife before you cheat. Any honest man would. And personally I don't like you.

I agree. I wasn't being serious with the guy because he isn't being serious. He's just being bored and posting stuff.
  • Lonestar5715
    Lonestar5715 Posts: 466 Member
    Options

I agree. I wasn't being serious with the guy because he isn't being serious. He's just being bored and posting stuff.

Trolling I believe they call it.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

Trolling I believe they call it.

People on mfp get upset if you use the word trolling wrong. Apparently it has a very specific meaning. I can't keep track of this stuff. Lol!
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    Last weekend I went to the amusement park fair with my husband. There was a concert (Culture Club). I wore my rainbow thigh high socks. We went on the ferris wheel and could see all the pretty lights. Then someone gave us the rest of their rides. And we went on three more different rides. I was laughing. We had so much fun together. Sometimes I still feel like newly falling in love, but with these 20 years of knowing each other. I hadn't been to an amusement park alone with my husband in a while. It's a very fun thing to do. I will definitely do that again. I love building memories together. I just wanted to share. And always looking for more fun date ideas.

We do: dancing, concerts, walk/hike, amusement park, movies, lingerie shopping, skating. Those are the main things. Would love to come up with more ideas. The amusement park was so much fun!

This sounds like a lot of fun :) I haven't been on a ferris wheel in forever, never with my husband. I want to find one of those old-fashioned two-seater ones, I think they're romantic.

I've got ridiculous thigh-high green and black striped socks that make an appearance every St. Patrick's Day for the parade. Every year I accumulate something else green to overdress myself in.

Maybe we should compile a list of things we do as couples and share some date night ideas? Husband and I:
    -Go to our neighborhood wine bar
    -Go to baseball games
    -Have a cheese platter at the cheese shop where our wedding reception was
    -Hang out at places with live jazz
    -Try new restaurants
    -Go to car races every now and then
    -Stay in, but have "dress up for dinner" nights where I make something super fancy and we put on formal wear
    -Are talking about taking salsa lessons

Things we do that cost $0:
    -Go to local art fairs
    -Walk around the lake
    -Walk around downtown and look at the sculptures/historic sites
    -Stay in and play board games
    -Sunbathe by the pool (or relax in the hot tub at night)
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Wonderful @chocolate_owl ! Thanks for sharing. I definitely love fun and whimsical clothing too! Always have.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I have a new date night idea. Going to a comedy club. Laughing is good.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I have a new date night idea. Going to a comedy club. Laughing is good.

We just went a few weekends ago and saw John Witherspoon (the dad from the Friday movies and Granddad from Boondocks). He was hilarious.