Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

The Sugar Conspiracy

Options

Replies

• MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Nope. Not gonna do it. B)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Holy *babysloth*
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I was going to attempt to reply, but I think I'll just back away slowly...
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUJ3fcNqITFWC0-MRtzxbSLVv6lw5d0pC9yk7jFVBQovX58bWB

As long as you eat 40 hot dogs at a time, it doesn't matter!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUJ3fcNqITFWC0-MRtzxbSLVv6lw5d0pC9yk7jFVBQovX58bWB

As long as you eat 40 hot dogs at a time, it doesn't matter!

Done!
  • ninhogorgfan
    ninhogorgfan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    What about the guys who lost weight eating nothing but oreos and twinkies? It certainly isnt healthy, but it will always be calories in and calories out in terms of weight loss.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    What about the guys who lost weight eating nothing but oreos and twinkies? It certainly isnt healthy, but it will always be calories in and calories out in terms of weight loss.

He didn't eat nothing but that. He also supplemented with protein shakes and multis. But yes, CICO does still rule in the end, so far as weight loss or gain goes.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    AcShane23 wrote: »
    PEOPLE listen when I tell you that sugar in and of itself is NOT the problem. IT IS THE AMOUNT OF SUGAR they put in every single thing we eat. The amount of sugar that they are putting in our food is to much for the body to deal with and so therefore the body starts breaking down at all levels.

...The only people that use the measurement of grams on a reg basis are drug users and dealers.

...I made the decision to eliminate a large portion of those chemicals and additives, especially SUGAR from my diet sometime in the middle of 2014 and in 3 MOS I dropped 25lbs going from 225 to 200.

We are in agreement that the amount of sugar we, as a society, eat is the problem. But I don't think hidden sugar is the biggest problem. IMO, it's that treats are a mainstay rather than few and far between.

Apparently I'm a drug user. Or just a Canadian who uses the metric system.

Congratulations on the weight loss.

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Excellent (non decimal) point!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Wow... Just wow
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED WHY THEY MEASURE SUGAR IN GRAMS on our food labels? The only people that use the measurement of grams on a reg basis are drug users and dealers.

Here, have a map that shows the countries that don't use grams (in red).

3ny0535jvrs0.jpg

Indeed, and everyone else is a drug dealer or user. That's why the US military budget is what it is.

I mean, duh! The metric system is the true evil empire.

You can't decimate things without decimals, get with the programme/program!

Wait, when did we start killing off exactly 1/10th of things? And isn't decimating something inherently metric?

:coffee:
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED WHY THEY MEASURE SUGAR IN GRAMS on our food labels? The only people that use the measurement of grams on a reg basis are drug users and dealers.

Here, have a map that shows the countries that don't use grams (in red).

3ny0535jvrs0.jpg

Indeed, and everyone else is a drug dealer or user. That's why the US military budget is what it is.

I mean, duh! The metric system is the true evil empire.

You can't decimate things without decimals, get with the programme/program!

Wait, when did we start killing off exactly 1/10th of things? And isn't decimating something inherently metric?

:coffee:

When we were Romans! And yes it is, which is why non-metric countries have that military budget!

https://youtu.be/9foi342LXQE

:decaff coffee so not feeling the benefit:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    well I see this thread has gone of the tracks in a giant ball of liquid magma....