I feel abit naughty asking...

Options
pbee89
pbee89 Posts: 83 Member
Anyone know any good diet pills, I used to be on t5 black and I'm currently looking at t5 xtreme

Replies

• hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Nope because these "diet pills" only work with a calorie deficit. This includes the prescription ones. I took adipex for one month several years ago. Despite the doctor telling me to not count calories, I still did
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Save your money and buy a food scale instead. Most of those pills are most likely a combination of caffeine (caffeine is a central nervous stimulant that can suppress appetite and increases energy -diet pills often use it so that you feel less hungry and have more energy to possibly exercise) with megadoses of B vitamins (which won't matter, because your kidneys will filter out any excess vitamins the body does not need). They have been linked with a few deaths (One woman died last year after taking more than the recommended amount -I forget if it was from cardiac arrhythmias due to the excessive caffeine in those pills or something else), and since they're not heavily FDA regulated they don't need to maintain strict quality standards.

Think about it: if those diet pills really worked, would Oprah be overweight?
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    They don't work.

Invest in a food scale (they can be cheap! $10 or so) and weigh your food. That actually works.
  • pbee89
    Options
    They quit making pills that worked in the '70s. They were prescription amphetamines. Call up Cosby maybe he stashed some with his Ludes.

Like said get a scale, measure twice eat once.

Haha
  • pbee89
    Options
    Theres no reason to take pills, they really wont help you in the long run anyway.
    Instead why not learn the tools needed for success now so you wont have to worry about pills? learn portion control and moderation , then theres no need for pills.
    For weight loss all you need is a calorie deficit, cico

You say you took pills in the past?well if they worked then why are you seeking new pills to take now ?is it because they didnt work or because you gained back any weight you may have lost because you didnt learn the tools needed for success?either way it sounds like you are looking for a quick fix instead of putting in the work needed for lasting results.

I'm looking for a new one because it stopped working after a while and I didn't work hard to maintain the weight loss :(, I just want a little booster to jumpstart my weight loss

I want a quick fix initially thennnn to put in work :)
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately your choices are: 1) take pills that are mostly caffeine, lose some pounds fast mostly due to an expensive placebo effect, and gain the weight back, or 2) just put a reasonable amount of work into it in the first place and lose weight that you can keep off. The second is MUCH easier. If pills worked, even for quick fixes or jump-starts, everyone would be using them and talking about how great they are. Swap the "diet pills" for B vitamins- those give you energy but are actually good for you.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    They'll "jump start" your weight loss by making your wallet lighter. That's about the only benefit you can expect from them.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    zyxst wrote: »
    Haribo sugar-free gummi bears.

This should be a colonoscopy prep

Nah, colonoscopy prep is way, way worse. Go lytely gives me nightmares
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    Is your profile pic current? If so, what "weight" are you trying to lose?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,649 Member
    Options
    pbee89 wrote: »
    Anyone know any good diet pills, I used to be on t5 black and I'm currently looking at t5 xtreme

Is that a recent pic of you cuz...uh...no. Forget the diet pills and forget even trying to lose more weight.

Also....forget the pills. :)

And don't forget to forget the pills. :)
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    pbee89 wrote: »

If you really feel like you need something like this, you should speak with a good doctor. You should never take anything you order off the internet or unregulated "supplements".

Even with diet pills, in order to lose weight you will need to watch your caloric intake.