I feel abit naughty asking...

Options

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    to me a dr worth his/her salt so to speak should preach exercise and following a healthy lifestyle,not promote weight loss pills. sounds like he/she may be getting some sort of kickback for prescribing them.most dr's will warn you against them.
  • littledee55
    littledee55 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I was on Belvique for months and lost 70 pounds but I was on a strict diet and exercise routine. I hit my wall. I agree with a lot of the comments. The pills are not great for you. I'm not trying to sell but I started the Isagenix program and am doing pilates and am doing great. Eat clean and find an exercise program you will stick to. Also get a good scale but a tape measure is better. I lost weight but lost more inches. Its encouraging. Feel free to add me as a friend. And don't feel naughty about asking. Sometimes its overwhelming and we always want the easy way to do things. I hope you find a great clean way of eating and a fun exercise. Hugs!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    to me a dr worth his/her salt so to speak should preach exercise and following a healthy lifestyle,not promote weight loss pills. sounds like he/she may be getting some sort of kickback for prescribing them.most dr's will warn you against them.

My doctor happily prescribed me the highest dose of phentermine when I had 15kgs (30lbs) to lose.. I only lasted 2 weeks because of the horrible side effects, which was a blessing in disguise perhaps...
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    pbee89 wrote: »
    Theres no reason to take pills, they really wont help you in the long run anyway.
    Instead why not learn the tools needed for success now so you wont have to worry about pills? learn portion control and moderation , then theres no need for pills.
    For weight loss all you need is a calorie deficit, cico

You say you took pills in the past?well if they worked then why are you seeking new pills to take now ?is it because they didnt work or because you gained back any weight you may have lost because you didnt learn the tools needed for success?either way it sounds like you are looking for a quick fix instead of putting in the work needed for lasting results.

I'm looking for a new one because it stopped working after a while and I didn't work hard to maintain the weight loss :(, I just want a little booster to jumpstart my weight loss

I want a quick fix initially thennnn to put in work :)

No quick fixes. Sorry to be blunt but with that attitude you will fail. You have to put in the work from day 1.

Best of luck.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Ciaraw823 wrote: »
    Nope because these "diet pills" only work with a calorie deficit. This includes the prescription ones. I took adipex for one month several years ago. Despite the doctor telling me to not count calories, I still did
    what if my doctor actually prescribed me a diet pill. without me asking. is it bad ?

Should not have done that, but on the other side, the patient should understand what any prescription is for.
  • BeautifullyBroken50
    BeautifullyBroken50 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    A lot of people are quick to say what you should or shouldn't do. Ultimately it is up to you how badly you want to harm your body ( and mind). I say that because I have been addicted to diet pills for all the wrong reasons and I didn't even need them. I lift and fitness daily but, I let weight loss consume my mind . Let me tell you from hard experience that worrying over that # from a box of metal that does not define you, will kill you mentally. The quick fix jump start is not worth it. I'm not judging your choices at all just telling you from my experience what this kind of addiction can do. My story is not a pretty one. Restructure your diet, put in the work and the rest will take care of itself. Love yourself enough
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

My doctor happily prescribed me the highest dose of phentermine when I had 15kgs (30lbs) to lose.. I only lasted 2 weeks because of the horrible side effects, which was a blessing in disguise perhaps...

maybe its different in OZ.I know here in the states most drs I have known,seen or talked to will not prescribe weight loss drugs unless the person is severely obese and has "tried" a diet regimen,here its usually a last resort type thing. but then you have the weight loss clinics who do nothing but prescribe and push weight loss drugs
  • Christine_72
    Options
    I went to my original doctor in the practice who refused to give me a script for it. He said "make an appointment with Dr ***, he prescribes anything". So I made an appointment with the other doctor, and less than 5 minutes later I walked out with a script..
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I used diet pills from a doctor for years. I loved them on the days I took them, so much energy and felt great, but over time I couldn't sleep and needed more tabs each day. I was taking up to 7 a day. The binge when you stop using them was horrrendous, hence the reason I used them for years. If they had worked I wouldn't have had to keep going back, each time I gained, I gained a little more. Now I use this site and i have never felt better. Don't go down that route the only long term loss will be from your purse x good luck

Thank you so much for coming foreward to tell it like it is. People just want something fast and don't think....
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Sudden cardiac death in a patient taking an over-the-counter diet pill:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11061021

Pulmonary hypertension associated with use of phentermine:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2995984/

Ephedra tied to pitcher's death:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ephedra-tied-to-pitchers-death/

Any questions?
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    There's also the one that basically cooked a young woman because it sent her temperature rocketing and they couldn't bring it down.
  • angelkay71
    angelkay71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too needed a jump start. I went to my doctor and she prescribed apidex for 3 months, it was good for me because it helped me establish my healthy eating and excersise. I am still losing 3 months off the meds. Do what works for you. I know meds aren't the answer for everyone
  • Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    MissusMoon wrote: »
    Anyone know any good diet pills, I used to be on t5 black and I'm currently looking at t5 xtreme

If you really feel like you need something like this, you should speak with a good doctor. You should never take anything you order off the internet or unregulated "supplements".

Even with diet pills, in order to lose weight you will need to watch your caloric intake.

Yh I will do, I need an appetite suppressant because I'm soo greedy

There's no pill that will treat "greedy." Not even a legitimate appetite suppressant - witness all the people here who start threads asking for help because they can't stop eating even when they're not hungry.

Come on. You can be better than this. Quit expecting to see the results before you put in the work; that's not how the world works.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    I went to my original doctor in the practice who refused to give me a script for it. He said "make an appointment with Dr ***, he prescribes anything". So I made an appointment with the other doctor, and less than 5 minutes later I walked out with a script..

yeah sounds like the other dr either gets kick backs(getting paid by the pharmaceutical company to prescribe them,trust me its a real thing), or he doesnt really care about his patients.years ago when I first gained the weight I asked my dr about weight loss pills(never took anything over the counter) and they all told me that I needed to put in the hard work and learn how to eat properly(watch portions,etc),before they even would think about it.They said if I wasnt willing to put the effort into losing it then they werent going to give me something. so back then I said F it and stayed overweight.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    OP wants "a quick fix" and is "too greedy" to learn self control. So she asks a group of people who have worked their *kitten* off (some of them literally) to do it right.
    Lulz

Haha I think most of us wanted a quick fix when we first started.. Until we came to our senses and learned the sensible way to lose weight.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Theres no reason to take pills, they really wont help you in the long run anyway.
    Instead why not learn the tools needed for success now so you wont have to worry about pills? learn portion control and moderation , then theres no need for pills.
    For weight loss all you need is a calorie deficit, cico

You say you took pills in the past?well if they worked then why are you seeking new pills to take now ?is it because they didnt work or because you gained back any weight you may have lost because you didnt learn the tools needed for success?either way it sounds like you are looking for a quick fix instead of putting in the work needed for lasting results.

I'm looking for a new one because it stopped working after a while and I didn't work hard to maintain the weight loss :(, I just want a little booster to jumpstart my weight loss

I want a quick fix initially thennnn to put in work :)
    I'm sorry, but weight loss pills don't work, and if they did, they wouldn't just stop working. If diet pills actually worked, no one would be overweight.

There is no such thing as a quick fix. Put in the work now. All you need to lose weight is a calorie deficit (find out what your maintenance calories are and eat 500 calories below that number, or set up myfitnesspal profile to lose .5lbs-1lb per week and eat at that number). All the work you need to do is weigh your food on a food scale and log accurately. You don't have to cut out any foods or carbs ( I don't, and have lost over 8-lbs), just eat what you like, weigh it and log every single food.

A quick fix leads to another quick fix, then the weight piles back on, followed by another quick fix and weight comes back on.... another, then another, then another

Yeah, quick fixes don't work. I used to work through all the quick fixes until I realised quick fixes were a waste of time.
  • pbee89
    pbee89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Ciaraw823 wrote: »
    Nope because these "diet pills" only work with a calorie deficit. This includes the prescription ones. I took adipex for one month several years ago. Despite the doctor telling me to not count calories, I still did
    what if my doctor actually prescribed me a diet pill. without me asking. is it bad ?

Ciara your face is stunning. On a serious side note