I feel abit naughty asking...

Options

Replies

• Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options

pbee89 wrote: »
    Theres no reason to take pills, they really wont help you in the long run anyway.
    Instead why not learn the tools needed for success now so you wont have to worry about pills? learn portion control and moderation , then theres no need for pills.
    For weight loss all you need is a calorie deficit, cico

You say you took pills in the past?well if they worked then why are you seeking new pills to take now ?is it because they didnt work or because you gained back any weight you may have lost because you didnt learn the tools needed for success?either way it sounds like you are looking for a quick fix instead of putting in the work needed for lasting results.

I'm looking for a new one because it stopped working after a while and I didn't work hard to maintain the weight loss :(, I just want a little booster to jumpstart my weight loss

I want a quick fix initially thennnn to put in work :)

I used think that as well and tried some Dr. prescribed pills that made me psychotic after 3 days . . . the jump start begins in your head.

Pick something that you know you need to work on controlling and take it one step at a time. By one thing I mean, something like serving sizes or snacking foods or even sodas or juice. Know that the changes will need to be things that you learn from and that will stick with you. The work you put in will mean so much more when you really know it was work you did and things you overcame.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Speaking from experience, stuff like phentermine are so not worth the hellish side effects! As for the over the counter stuff, don't bother. Look at the small print, it always says "when used in conjunction with diet and exercise". There is no product available that magically melts the fat off of your body, you still need to put in the effort, and you can do that for free right here on mfp.
  • pbee89
    pbee89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Is your profile pic current? If so, what "weight" are you trying to lose?
    glassyo wrote: »
    Anyone know any good diet pills, I used to be on t5 black and I'm currently looking at t5 xtreme

Is that a recent pic of you cuz...uh...no. Forget the diet pills and forget even trying to lose more weight.

Also....forget the pills. :)

And don't forget to forget the pills. :)

Haha no it's for motivation to get back to how I was
  • pbee89
    Options
    MissusMoon wrote: »
    Anyone know any good diet pills, I used to be on t5 black and I'm currently looking at t5 xtreme

If you really feel like you need something like this, you should speak with a good doctor. You should never take anything you order off the internet or unregulated "supplements".

Even with diet pills, in order to lose weight you will need to watch your caloric intake.

Yh I will do, I need an appetite suppressant because I'm soo greedy
  • pbee89
    Options
    Adc7225 wrote: »
    Theres no reason to take pills, they really wont help you in the long run anyway.
    Instead why not learn the tools needed for success now so you wont have to worry about pills? learn portion control and moderation , then theres no need for pills.

You say you took pills in the past?well if they worked then why are you seeking new pills to take now ?is it because they didnt work or because you gained back any weight you may have lost because you didnt learn the tools needed for success?either way it sounds like you are looking for a quick fix instead of putting in the work needed for lasting results.

I'm looking for a new one because it stopped working after a while and I didn't work hard to maintain the weight loss :(, I just want a little booster to jumpstart my weight loss

I used think that as well and tried some Dr. prescribed pills that made me psychotic after 3 days . . . the jump start begins in your head.

Pick something that you know you need to work on controlling and take it one step at a time. By one thing I mean, something like serving sizes or snacking foods or even sodas or juice. Know that the changes will need to be things that you learn from and that will stick with you. The work you put in will mean so much more when you really know it was work you did and things you overcame.

Good advice :)
  • pbee89
    Options
    Speaking from experience, stuff like phentermine are so not worth the hellish side effects! As for the over the counter stuff, don't bother. Look at the small print, it always says "when used in conjunction with diet and exercise". There is no product available that magically melts the fat off of your body, you still need to put in the effort, and you can do that for free right here on mfp.

Thanks Christine. I'll be doing both on top of the pills
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Go straight on a calorie deficit that loses 2lb a week, weigh your food and exercise. You will lose 2lb a week, you don't need more of a jump start than that!
  • JustAnotherOneOfThoseGirls
    Options
    green tea (either supplements or straight up tea), and caffeine, they're the only real working ingredients in any diet pills that work anyway. But again, it's mostly water weight you'll lose (and will probably make you very ill if you're drowning in tea and coffee), and long term, nothing will make you drop weight except a good healthy diet and exercise
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options

No. There are no good diet pills that I know of.
    Buy a food scale, log what you eat and drink accurately and have a calorie deficit.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Why do you think your results would be different this time? If you aren't willing to put in the hard work from the get go to lose weight in a healthy manner with a moderate calorie deficit, why do you think you'd be willing to maintain any loss you see from using diet pills?

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Lolz. OP is set on doing things destructively.
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    It's Friday. . ..never change mfp. I'm shocked no one's called you all mean yet for not agreeing with the op....to the op don't bother they didn't work before and they won't work again....why here's the shocker....because they DON'T WORK.
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options

Thanks Christine. I'll be doing both on top of the pills

Just want to point out that the pills do zero for the weight loss, it's the "when used in conjunction with diet and exercise" that does the trick. When you buy the pills, the only thing that is worth the money, is that advice in the small print.

So here you are, for zero pounds / dollars, totally free (I'm feeling generous because it's Friday)...:

Diet and exercise.

See no need to buy the pills now, you'll get the same result too...
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    The need for pills, and a "jump-start" (which are bogus), say that you're clinging to the idea that you're not capable of doing this yourself--YOU CAN. Lots of people on MFP have done it. Ditch the quick fixes, because you will just regain the weight + some friends. Commit to helping yourself. Good luck.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    green tea (either supplements or straight up tea), and caffeine, they're the only real working ingredients in any diet pills that work anyway. But again, it's mostly water weight you'll lose (and will probably make you very ill if you're drowning in tea and coffee), and long term, nothing will make you drop weight except a good healthy diet and exercise

there is no proof that green tea or caffeine has any effect on weight loss,. its all about calories in vs calories out. exercise is good for health and give you a bigger deficit,but you can lose weight without exercise if you eat less than your body burns.
  • Ciaraw823
    Ciaraw823 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Nope because these "diet pills" only work with a calorie deficit. This includes the prescription ones. I took adipex for one month several years ago. Despite the doctor telling me to not count calories, I still did
    what if my doctor actually prescribed me a diet pill. without me asking. is it bad ?

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Ciaraw823 wrote: »
    Nope because these "diet pills" only work with a calorie deficit. This includes the prescription ones. I took adipex for one month several years ago. Despite the doctor telling me to not count calories, I still did
    what if my doctor actually prescribed me a diet pill. without me asking. is it bad ?
    I'd be looking for a new doctor.
    ^this