I feel abit naughty asking...

Options

Replies

• pbee89
    pbee89 Posts: 83 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    OP wants "a quick fix" and is "too greedy" to learn self control. So she asks a group of people who have worked their *kitten* off (some of them literally) to do it right.
    Lulz

Hush
  • pbee89
    Options
    pbee89 wrote: »
    Theres no reason to take pills, they really wont help you in the long run anyway.
    Instead why not learn the tools needed for success now so you wont have to worry about pills? learn portion control and moderation , then theres no need for pills.
    For weight loss all you need is a calorie deficit, cico

You say you took pills in the past?well if they worked then why are you seeking new pills to take now ?is it because they didnt work or because you gained back any weight you may have lost because you didnt learn the tools needed for success?either way it sounds like you are looking for a quick fix instead of putting in the work needed for lasting results.

I'm looking for a new one because it stopped working after a while and I didn't work hard to maintain the weight loss :(, I just want a little booster to jumpstart my weight loss

I want a quick fix initially thennnn to put in work :)
    I'm sorry, but weight loss pills don't work, and if they did, they wouldn't just stop working. If diet pills actually worked, no one would be overweight.

There is no such thing as a quick fix. Put in the work now. All you need to lose weight is a calorie deficit (find out what your maintenance calories are and eat 500 calories below that number, or set up myfitnesspal profile to lose .5lbs-1lb per week and eat at that number). All the work you need to do is weigh your food on a food scale and log accurately. You don't have to cut out any foods or carbs ( I don't, and have lost over 8-lbs), just eat what you like, weigh it and log every single food.

A quick fix leads to another quick fix, then the weight piles back on, followed by another quick fix and weight comes back on.... another, then another, then another

Yeah, quick fixes don't work. I used to work through all the quick fixes until I realised quick fixes were a waste of time.

I tried the deficit but I'm always hungry or end up wasting my calories on delicious treats which then gets me down that I couldn't stick to it
  • pbee89
    Options
    There's also the one that basically cooked a young woman because it sent her temperature rocketing and they couldn't bring it down.

Heard about this one aswell. It works but is clearly deadly.
  • pbee89
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Theres no reason to take pills, they really wont help you in the long run anyway.
    Instead why not learn the tools needed for success now so you wont have to worry about pills? learn portion control and moderation , then theres no need for pills.

You say you took pills in the past?well if they worked then why are you seeking new pills to take now ?is it because they didnt work or because you gained back any weight you may have lost because you didnt learn the tools needed for success?either way it sounds like you are looking for a quick fix instead of putting in the work needed for lasting results.

I'm looking for a new one because it stopped working after a while and I didn't work hard to maintain the weight loss :(, I just want a little booster to jumpstart my weight loss

Why do you think your results would be different this time? If you aren't willing to put in the hard work from the get go to lose weight in a healthy manner with a moderate calorie deficit, why do you think you'd be willing to maintain any loss you see from using diet pills?

I've done this before, I lost a lot of weight due to calorie deficit due to my circumstances at the time. (poor student) When my circumstances became more stable (got a job) I was able to afford more and gained weight. I used pills (for 2/3 months as a jump start I.e. My picture) to loose weight with gym and maintained it for a year but then stopped going gym because I was getting too slim.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    I took Ripped Freak for a while and I ended up in hospital with a racing heart and breathing difficulties. Never again - not worth it. Don't do it.
  • pbee89
    Options
    I'm just sit of being fat, and the right way takes so long. It's really hard to keep up motivation for gym, it's really getting me down
  • Witchdoctor58
    Witchdoctor58 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Body dysmorphic syndrome? What are you defining as greedy? Because your photo and your posts make me wonder about anorexia. Please see your doctor and check to see if you actually should be losing weight.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm just sit of being fat, and the right way takes so long. It's really hard to keep up motivation for gym, it's really getting me down

I know what you're saying. I've been here and on a constant calorie deficit since late 2014, and i only had 30lbs to lose. I'm now down to my last 5lbs. Time passes either way.. This time next year you could be at your goal weight or still stuffing about with quick fixes.

Enter your stats into MFP, eat what it says and add in some exercise if you want, you don't have to join a gym. The only exercise I do is walking, lots and lots of walking. Wrap your head around the fact that losing weight takes time, patience and consistency.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Good luck on a repeat of the cycle (losing with pills, gaining it back, losing with pills, gaining it back, etc). I'd say that maybe this time will be different but it won't.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

I'm sorry, but weight loss pills don't work, and if they did, they wouldn't just stop working. If diet pills actually worked, no one would be overweight.

There is no such thing as a quick fix. Put in the work now. All you need to lose weight is a calorie deficit (find out what your maintenance calories are and eat 500 calories below that number, or set up myfitnesspal profile to lose .5lbs-1lb per week and eat at that number). All the work you need to do is weigh your food on a food scale and log accurately. You don't have to cut out any foods or carbs ( I don't, and have lost over 8-lbs), just eat what you like, weigh it and log every single food.

A quick fix leads to another quick fix, then the weight piles back on, followed by another quick fix and weight comes back on.... another, then another, then another

Yeah, quick fixes don't work. I used to work through all the quick fixes until I realised quick fixes were a waste of time.

I tried the deficit but I'm always hungry or end up wasting my calories on delicious treats which then gets me down that I couldn't stick to it
    I'm on a deficit and am never hungry. I'm sorry, but those pills claim they'll only work in conjunction with diet and exercise.... They're not going to teach you anything! The pills will make you lose money, not fat. Trust me, I used to take fat blaster in the early 2000s... Yeah, I thought they worked, but they didn't. If they worked, I wouldn't be here losing weight.

If you're sick and tired of being fat (I know how that feels) start weighing your food and logging it. I did exactly that 85lbs ago... And I have so much trouble sticking to things. I kept at it...I worked hard, heck, I am still working hard to lose the last 50 or so pounds. I eat treats (and weigh and log them), I eat fruit and veg and other nutritious foods. I make sure to stick to my protein and fat macros, but I am not perfect. Did I fall off the wagon. Yes, many many times.. But you know what? I kept getting back up and I continue to do so, because I refuse to give up something that works so well. I just have to keep at it. I used to be over 260lbs, full of pain (still am), but that will not stop me. I'm working hard for ME and I WANT this, so I am going to FIGHT. So don't tell me that a ittybittyshitty pill is going to help you effortlessly lose the weight. Work for this. You need to want this hard enough. Just do it, damnit.

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Well you aren't doing *kitten* whining about it on the Internet. It's your choice, put in the work to have the body you want or just keep looking for the magic pill that doesn't exist and don't get to your goal.

Your choice.
  • pbee89
    Options
    Body dysmorphic syndrome? What are you defining as greedy? Because your photo and your posts make me wonder about anorexia. Please see your doctor and check to see if you actually should be losing weight.

My picture is old I'm about 2/3stone heavier so no I don't have anorexia.

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Well OP--you've got your response and it's a resounding no. I understand you're not happy with that, but that's life. Do what you're gonna do, and good luck. See you next year.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Life is hard.
  • Red5092
    Red5092 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Diet pills are heavy duty diuretics that stress your kidneys. They are just not worth it! Please don't look for a quick fix. Do the work the healthy way, and then you can be proud of your results.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Eat some jicama. It will fill you up. It's tasty. It's low calorie. It will kill your hunger for a few hours.
  • pbee89
    Options
    Eat some jicama. It will fill you up. It's tasty. It's low calorie. It will kill your hunger for a few hours.

Where can I get some ? X
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options

Where can I get some ? X

The produce section of your local grocery store, along with a bunch of other vegetables high in fiber that will keep you full and provide you with essential micronutrients.

Diet pills are placebos at best and life-threatening at worst. Either way, they're not something you should be spending your money on. Just do what all the successful people on this site have done - alter your food choices so you stay full, stick to your calorie goal, move more, and be consistent.