exercise.png
  • Zom_bunny
    Zom_bunny Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    3.5 plus 30 minutes of lifting
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    much needed rest day today, which got me to thinking. next week is a scheduled cutback week. However, I've only run 2 weeks since my last cutback. I'm thinking about swapping next week with the following week,so I have my cutback after my 10k Race in a week. Also, Next week I'm off, and the following week I Start teaching summer school, so if I swapped, I'd have my longer runs while I'm off, and shorter runs for the first week of summer school. How does that sound?
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom - That's such a lovely story, and it just goes to show that you need to do what it is you love while you still can, because you won't always be able to. @7lenny7, it's sweet that your daughter is concerned and ultimately she's right, there WILL be a day you can't run/walk anymore, because that's life and ageing, but that should be all the more reason to do it now whilst you can. This is exactly why I took up running - my Grandad battled cancer for 5 years, after initially being told he only had 18 months to live. On the day he finally decided he was done with fighting it and wanted to stop the treatment, he got up at sunrise and ran 2 miles along the coast near his house, just because he knew he'd never be able to do it again. He wasn't a runner, he did it occasionally, but only to help his fitness for tennis which was a sport he'd played for years. Nonetheless, he knew he would never have that ability to feel that free again and to use his body in that way, so he just went. I guess it's hard for non-runners to understand our motivation for it at all, let alone when they can only see the potential for injury, but I'm sure in time your daughter will see the joy running brings you and will be more able to get on board and support you :)
  • PoppetsMaster
    PoppetsMaster Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    DATE...............MILES...........TOTAL
    6/1.................BOYCOTTED ...0.00
    6/2.....................7.00.................7.00
    6/3.....................5.00...............12.00

exercise.png

exercise.png

2016 Races
    5/14: Glacier Ridge Ultra -- 50k (Portersville, PA)
    7/9: Buckeye Trail 50k -- 50k (Brecksville, OH)
    9/10: 1st Annual Possum Glory Endurance Race -- 50k (Northern Cambria, PA)
    10/1: Cloudsplitter 100 -- 100 Miles (Pine Mountain, KY)
    10/15: Buffalo Creek Half Marathon (Sarver, PA)

• kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    much needed rest day today, which got me to thinking. next week is a scheduled cutback week. However, I've only run 2 weeks since my last cutback. I'm thinking about swapping next week with the following week,so I have my cutback after my 10k Race in a week. Also, Next week I'm off, and the following week I Start teaching summer school, so if I swapped, I'd have my longer runs while I'm off, and shorter runs for the first week of summer school. How does that sound?

@MNLittleFinn If you're going to race that 10k, I'd the cutback the week before the race, as planned. Then you'll be fresher for the 10k!
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    @MichPainter 50 miles of walk/run intervals sounds great :)

It's raining. Still planning to run. Right now I'm fighting off a nap.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    9voice9 wrote: »
    3mvl46cl03g5.png
    Yes, it's very small and immature to like this, and tho I know that my schedule is off from most of these folks (they'll catch up, TRUST me!), it still tickles me to see my name above the SERIOUS RUNNERS on this.... :smiley:
    I'm only doing 5k tonight, so you are safe in the top spot for today. I have a half tomorrow so depending on your planned mileage tomorrow you have a chance to keep that top spot! As long as my legs cooperate though, I might be able to make the top spot on Sunday for sure. That is unless @Stoshew71 starts running again. Not sure why he hasn't decimated my numbers this week.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    How long before the 5k at 7pm tonight is it still OK to drink an IPA?

I would have already started. It's only 3 miles.

ETA: Wait... you said "an" IPA? As in singular? Geez... maybe I got you wrong...
    I was trying to figure out the cutoff time actually. Not the starting time! Sadly though, I did only have one (have to work ya know). But, now I'm off to get dressed and go to the expo to pick up my packet and get in the corral for the 5k! Then rush home to sleep and wake up extra early to get back down there for tomorrows half! I'm so excited I could *kitten*. No really, I hope I do before I start running.
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Back in the northeast and out of the ugly humidity (although it was a much less humid and dare I say comfortable 80 degrees out), so I ended up joining a friend for her long run this afternoon through a local (relatively shaded) park. Still, I made the mistake of running to her house first, then back after, turning her 12 mile run into 13.65 miles for me. I'll probably cut back tomorrow, but do my usual Sunday AM long run with friends.

6/1 - 4 miles
    6/2 - 8 miles
    6/3 - 13.5 miles

Total: 25.5 miles
    Goal: 200 miles
    Remaining: 174.5 miles

Upcoming Races:
    Ironman 70.3 Augusta - Sep
    Chicago Marathon - Oct
    Ironman Florida - Nov

@ddmom0811 - Enjoy victoria/portland/alberta! Was lucky enough to live in Victoria for a year, and loved the pacific northwest. Climates should be a bit more mild along the pacific coast (at least in Portland & Vic), and running in each city should be a great way to explore each!

@9voice9 - just added you (and a few other folks) on garmin connect. It sometimes takes a day or two to clean up any biking mileage (as I occasionally record it with my forerunner 225 and it is classified as a run by default), but happy to provide some motivation :) Given I split time between the northeast and Florida, I'll either be near the top or the bottom of your list depending on if I'm taking advantage of the cooler weather or not.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn If you're going to race that 10k, I'd the cutback the week before the race, as planned. Then you'll be fresher for the 10k!
    Good point. Maybe I will just keep my schedule but just switch my tempo interval workout from Thursday to Tuesday so I can just easy run Wednesday and Thursday. I think I'm just over thinking things since it's getting to be just over a month to they HM and my 10k is my tune up race
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    9voice9 wrote: »
    3mvl46cl03g5.png
    Yes, it's very small and immature to like this, and tho I know that my schedule is off from most of these folks (they'll catch up, TRUST me!), it still tickles me to see my name above the SERIOUS RUNNERS on this.... :smiley:
    I'm only doing 5k tonight, so you are safe in the top spot for today. I have a half tomorrow so depending on your planned mileage tomorrow you have a chance to keep that top spot! As long as my legs cooperate though, I might be able to make the top spot on Sunday for sure. That is unless @Stoshew71 starts running again. Not sure why he hasn't decimated my numbers this week.

Cutback and reverse taper from my Monday race this week. I even took a complete rest day this morning cause I needed it. I have a long run in the morning to close the week out then hopefully to my usual insane mileage next week.

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today. Miles for June
    6/1 5 miles - 5 << Another recovery run.
    6/2 6.5 miles - 11.5
    6/3 REST DAY (unplanned but necessary)

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    UAH 8K - 3/6 <<< 34:33 3 in AG
    Oak Barrel HM - 4/2 <<<< 1:38:00 3 in AG
    Bridge Street HM - 4/10 <<< 1:36:33 3 in AG
    PEO-AVN Team Day 5K - 5/4 <<< 19:10 (2.9 mi) 1 in AG 5 OA
    Cotton Row Run 10K - 5/30 << 44:57 PR
    Firecracker Chase 10.2 miler 6/25
    Rocket City Marathon - 12/10

• pshara
    pshara Posts: 21 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    I haven't had time to get caught up but I saw this from a friend (a runner who was diagnosed with Lymes) and wanted to share it as a reminder to all of you trail runners. The article is a couple of years old but is still relevant.
    http://www.runnersworld.com/health/runners-and-lyme-disease?cid=soc_Runner's+World+-+RunnersWorld_FBPAGE_Runner’s+World__Health

I just got tested for Lyme today! Hopefully have results by next week... It's hard to explain to people who don't lift or run when your soreness and aches are way worse than they should be. "Well of course you're tired, that would make anyone tired!" well no, not exactly....
    I have taken lots of time off, even gained some weight back thinking maybe it was something training related. Hopefully have some answers soon.