June (2016) Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    My main goal for June is to get back into a regular running routine and to maintain HM level fitness, recover from a couple of minor (I hope) niggles, and be injury free.

Translated to a number, I'm going to say 100 miles, though that may change as I eventually plan out the month. For now I like having the freedom of no plan.
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    My highest month so far was 72 miles in March and I just made it back to 57 in May after a setback. I think I'm going to stick with 50 for June due to concerns of how I'm going to handle the heat. If I do more, great. And honestly, if I didn't hit 50 but ran consistently with less miles, I'd be okay with that too. I'll be pushing harder once the cooler fall weather gets here.
  • wellscyn
    wellscyn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I will try for 30 miles.
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I'm going for 80. A modest increase from 70 in May, but my true goal is to have a more consistent month now I'm done with all the racing, tapering, reverse tapering etc that I have been doing for the last couple of months. I want to use the summer to get a stronger base for my Autumn race training.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,392 Member
    Options
    I am going to push for 120. We will be out of town for my daughter's graduation for 2 weeks but I am hoping I can get some runs in around the celebration and during our week of vacation afterwards.
  • Net1968
    Net1968 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am in! I have a 10km and my daughters are working through C25K programme.
    My targets this month:
    Run/walk total 110km
    Run 6km continuously, previously I have ran 10km continuously but not for over 18 months!
    Happy running
  • Net1968
    Net1968 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Net1968 wrote: »
    I am in! I have a 10km and my daughters are working through C25K programme.
    My targets this month:
    Run/walk total 110km
    Run 6km continuously, previously I have ran 10km continuously but not for over 18 months!
    Happy running

I still haven't worked out how to set up the tracker!

• 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Hoping I can survive 225!
    With surgery in 6 days, I'm out on running for the month. But, to say I participated:

Goal: 0 miles running
    Other Goals: Heal well; Lose the crutches; Lose the stitches and boot; Work on ROM (PT exercises daily, when approved).

Fighting the urge to get in one last short run before surgery... I've been off running for over a month now and the thought of two more months is making me a bit batty.

Both of these sound *awful*, lol!

But I think @ceciliaslater 's may be the harder of the two. Hugs, girl!
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I only made 40/50 last month, but I'm an optimist, so I'm going to say that if all works out as I'd like I should be able to put in 75 in June.

exercise.png
  • PoppetsMaster
    PoppetsMaster Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is my birthday. I will not be running. Bourbon is an acceptable gift.
    Woodford Reserve on its way...