sky15425 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    6/4- 5 miles
    6/7- 4 miles

exercise.png
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic - Yeah, that sounds about like my experiences with the JP Morgan Corporate Challenge in Rochester, which is one of the smaller locations where it's run. About 10 thousand runners, 3 waves, crowded, and you get fooled into running faster than you thought because passing people who aren't running seriously turns into competing with runners comparable to you.

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that the Corporate Challenge is more of an event than a race, because more than half the participants aren't really there to run. The point is the socializing and the food. The last couple of years I volunteered instead of running, due to personal circumstances. That was fun, too.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @greenolivetree. I always read it in reverse, like you, until I find something familiar or my past post. I've learned to go back a bit past that because I miss posts, or its not updated last I looked.

I should run today. Feeling a bit rebellious to have to do anything. Even if it's running. I need to swap vehicles with DH and pick up some trees, bushes, and flowers (freebies because he's American Indian descent) . I'm seriously resistant and I'm not sure why. Maybe a few cups of Joe will set me right.

I will run. I can do this... and I will love it.

Maybe I'll get the landscape package tomorrow... before the appraiser shows up.
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,121 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    01/06 4 miles
    07/06 4 miles
    08/06 4 miles

On the partner support, my husband is supportive of me running as he knows how much better I feel when I run regular. If I'm feeling down and lazy he'll tell me to pull on my runners and go. On the other hand 2 years ago my father made me feel really foolish and embarrassed in front of some people saying I was making a show of myself. It really knock me, I started to doubt myself even though I tried not to let it. I stopped for about 4 months and gained 1.5 stone. I gradually got past it though with encouragement from others.

exercise.png

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

June
    1-nothing
    2-hope to get something in tonight. yoga/circus girls+pedicure night=hangover
    3-nothing-last minute errands. essentially sped walked for 3 hours
    4-same but all day because, you know, i got married
    5-family reunion
    6-slept off the weekend
    7-4.25mi. felt pretty good
    8-3.13mi feeling good, plus stairclimber and foam rolling

exercise.png

RACES:
    Jan 16-Frosty 5k-33:43:123 (gun time-don't have chip time)
    Feb 13-Steve Cullen Run 8k chip time: 53:37
    Feb 15 Puppy Love Virtual Run 10k runkeeper time: 1:13:20
    Mar 12-Great Pi Run 5k 32:17
    May 7-Door County Half Marathon 2:51:11
    May 28-29-Global 5k Run Virtual 40:08
    May 28-Top Gun Run 5k Virtual 41:46
    June 11-Rock n Sole 1/4 Marathon?
    June 19th through Sunday, July 10th SHE Power Virtual Half (got my gear-good stuff)
    July 20-Cream Puff 5k?
    July 30-National Watermelon Day 5k?

• Mathsrunner
    Mathsrunner Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hot weather here isn't letting up, every run seems to be in the 21C+ range. Probably shouldn't complain as we only get a week or two of decent weather here in the UK per year :D

1/6: 4.5 Miles
    3/6: 3.4 Miles
    5/6: 3.7 Miles
    6/6: 3.4 Miles
    8/6: 3.7 Miles

exercise.png
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    6/1 - 5.11 miles on National / Global Running Day! Woot!
    6/2 - 4.55 miles. Gorgeous morning!
    6/3 - Pre-HM rest day. Too bad, it is a beautiful morning! So, I am drinking extra water and I ate donuts!
    6/4 - 13.3 miles at Dam to Dam Half. It was sunny and hot. Sun was brutal. Running was pretty good, but my splits went up gradually over the final 4 miles. Atmosphere was good pre and post-race. Had fun!
    6/5 - Rest day + lots of kids' sports.
    6/6 - 4.01 mile "recovery" run. I am not good at intentionally keeping my pace slow. I intended 9-9.5 minute miles.
    6/7 - 5.35 miles. Longer than intended, because I didn't plan my route and had to get back home. Oh well, bonus 0.85 mile.
    6/8 - 3.3 miles on treadmill, then upper body weights and abs.

exercise.png
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Welcome @nicolesface @CHRISTINAGILETTE @beccalee26 @Anuta78 :)
    @DrewMarcy13 Nice job!
    @lporter229 That was hilarious about all the stuff minus the one item.....

It's been decided that I'm trail running Saturday morning and my husband is golfing all afternoon. So yeah, we will both pursue our separate hobbies at different times and barely see each other all day :* It works for us. We'll be together all day Sunday. Except when I'm out running again.

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    I never had a chance to log my run from yesterday evening. Plan to run later on today when all calms down here at work.

Date Miles today. Miles for June
    6/1 5 miles - 5 << Another recovery run.
    6/2 6.5 miles - 11.5
    6/3 REST DAY (unplanned but necessary)
    6/4 13.5 miles - 25
    6/5 REST DAY
    6/6 8 miles 33
    6/6 4 miles 37 << Daily Double
    6/7 9 miles 46
    6/7 5 miles 51 << Daily Double

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    UAH 8K - 3/6 <<< 34:33 3 in AG
    Oak Barrel HM - 4/2 <<<< 1:38:00 3 in AG
    Bridge Street HM - 4/10 <<< 1:36:33 3 in AG
    PEO-AVN Team Day 5K - 5/4 <<< 19:10 (2.9 mi) 1 in AG 5 OA
    Cotton Row Run 10K - 5/30 << 44:57 PR
    Firecracker Chase 10.2 miler 6/25
    Rocket City Marathon - 12/10

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    6/1 - 3 miles
    6/2 - zip
    6/3 - 5 miles
    6/4 - 5 miles (I did 2 miles of intervals with my friend then walked 2 miles with her) after that I ran 3 miles with Skip so I'm going to count 5 miles
    6/5 - 5 miles
    6/6 - rest
    6/7 - 7 miles
    6/8 - 5 miles another perfect morning to run!

30 of 100 miles

exercise.png

I love seeing so many new folks to the group!

@katharmonic fantastic race, thanks for the report!
    @ohhim Kazakhstani gender relations??
    @lporter229 had to laugh at what is in your bag, sounds like my purse LOL Sorry you didn't have what you really needed, nothing worse than that!

Upcoming Races:
    Big 5K - 6/18/2016

• 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    New runner. Just started yesterday and ran 2 miles. Going to try and run atleast 30 miles this month :blush:

Remember to let your legs rest, too! Welcome to the group! :)
  • gussied_up_girl
    gussied_up_girl Posts: 39 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

exercise.png

Newbie that's ready to roll!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I didn't know where to begin asking about this one, so glad you asked it!
  • instantmartian
    instantmartian Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    RE: Road ID: I used to carry my ID with me everywhere I went. I have a serious paranoia of something happening to me somewhere and no one being able to identify me. I witnessed a tragic event involving a friend when I was living in Australia in 2004, and if it wasn't for me and a few friends who were with her, no one would have known who she was or where she belonged. Needless to say, my boyfriend thinks my obsession with being identified is a little over the top, but he got me a Road ID for Christmas a few years ago. I wear it pretty much everywhere (and still often carry my ID, too), but I like how the Road ID has that I am allergic to sulfa, which is, clearly, not something listed on my driver's license.

@katharmonic: Congrats on such a great race!
    I didn't know where to begin asking about this one, so glad you asked it!
    Add one more person to the tally of those curious about this one!
  • mrs_madison_keane
    mrs_madison_keane Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    exercise.png