6/3-Rest
    6/4-12.25
    6/5-Rest
    6/6- Rest
    6/7-5.03
    6/8-Rest
    6/9-5.0

Total: 32.24/100

Notes on Today: Today was scheduled to be 50m-1h10m doing 2x2miles Tempo intervals. However, with my 10K race coming up in 2 days, and after asking some folks with more experience. I switched today to an easy run. The pan was to run 6 miles. However, about mile 4, my allergies started acting up....I was thinking I;'d still do 6....then at mile 4.5 my bowels told me I better cut it off at 5 and get home FAST! So I cut it a little short ad went only 5 instead of 6 miles. Legs feel a little tired still from Last Sat's run, but with tomorrow a rest day, I'm feeling pretty good about the Race on Saturday.
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    01/06 4 miles
    07/06 4 miles
    08/06 4 miles
    09/06 4 miles

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/exercise/wPpgsrC/]
    exercise.png
    [/url]
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    6/1 - 5.11 miles on National / Global Running Day! Woot!
    6/2 - 4.55 miles. Gorgeous morning!
    6/3 - Pre-HM rest day. Too bad, it is a beautiful morning! So, I am drinking extra water and I ate donuts!
    6/4 - 13.3 miles at Dam to Dam Half. It was sunny and hot. Sun was brutal. Running was pretty good, but my splits went up gradually over the final 4 miles. Atmosphere was good pre and post-race. Had fun!
    6/5 - Rest day + lots of kids' sports.
    6/6 - 4.01 mile "recovery" run. I am not good at intentionally keeping my pace slow. I intended 9-9.5 minute miles.
    6/7 - 5.35 miles. Longer than intended, because I didn't plan my route and had to get back home. Oh well, bonus 0.85 mile.
    6/8 - 3.3 miles on treadmill, then upper body weights and abs.
    6/9 - 4.5 miles on treadmill (Trek class). Cut it a bit short as a pain in my "hip" was causing me to alter my stride. Not sure where it came from, hoping it was just sore.

exercise.png

@Elise4270 - Yay for pain-relieving surgery! Hope it goes well and you heal quickly!
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »

Pretty much everything except the one thing I needed. And,ladies, I am pretty sure that you can guess what that was. Maybe I should have called @karllundy ;)

Hmmm...sorry can't help. I had sinus surgery 16 years ago, no longer have issues with nosebleeds. Your bag sounds like the trunk of my car. Both probably need more frequent cleaning :D
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    June 1- 5 miles solo plus 1.2 miles with the puppy. Also yoga.
    June 2- 5 miles hills plus 0.75 miles with the puppy
    June 3- Unplanned rest day
    June 4- 3 mile walk/ run with puppy
    June 5- 11 miles
    June 6- 1mile run with puppy
    June 7-6.4 miles hilly tempo
    June 8-4.3 miles + 0.7 miles with the puppy

@cljoe7 -Are you training your puppy to run? How old is she (?). My puppy is nearly 8 months old and we are working on the running thing. Some days are better than others...
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options

Date Miles today. Miles for June
    6/1 5 miles - 5 << Another recovery run.
    6/2 6.5 miles - 11.5
    6/3 REST DAY (unplanned but necessary)
    6/4 13.5 miles - 25
    6/5 REST DAY
    6/6 8 miles 33
    6/6 4 miles 37 << Daily Double
    6/7 9 miles 46
    6/7 5 miles 51 << Daily Double
    6/8 6.2 miles 57.2
    6/9 9 miles 66.2

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    UAH 8K - 3/6 <<< 34:33 3 in AG
    Oak Barrel HM - 4/2 <<<< 1:38:00 3 in AG
    Bridge Street HM - 4/10 <<< 1:36:33 3 in AG
    PEO-AVN Team Day 5K - 5/4 <<< 19:10 (2.9 mi) 1 in AG 5 OA
    Cotton Row Run 10K - 5/30 << 44:57 PR
    Firecracker Chase 10.2 miler 6/25
    Rocket City Marathon - 12/10

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options

June
    1-nothing
    2-hope to get something in tonight. yoga/circus girls+pedicure night=hangover
    3-nothing-last minute errands. essentially sped walked for 3 hours
    4-same but all day because, you know, i got married
    5-family reunion
    6-slept off the weekend
    7-4.25mi. felt pretty good
    8-3.13mi feeling good, plus stairclimber and foam rolling
    9-slept in

exercise.png

RACES:
    Jan 16-Frosty 5k-33:43:123 (gun time-don't have chip time)
    Feb 13-Steve Cullen Run 8k chip time: 53:37
    Feb 15 Puppy Love Virtual Run 10k runkeeper time: 1:13:20
    Mar 12-Great Pi Run 5k 32:17
    May 7-Door County Half Marathon 2:51:11
    May 28-29-Global 5k Run Virtual 40:08
    May 28-Top Gun Run 5k Virtual 41:46
    June 11-Rock n Sole 1/4 Marathon?
    June 19th through Sunday, July 10th SHE Power Virtual Half (got my gear-good stuff)
    July 20-Cream Puff 5k?
    July 30-National Watermelon Day 5k?

• greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    As of yesterday we are now hitting 90F with a "feels like" temp of even higher. My mood yesterday afternoon was awful. I was sweating in my car waiting for it to cool down and I saw a guy running at 3:30pm and that's the first time in months I haven't seen somebody running and wished it was me :neutral:

June 1 - 2 mile run because NATIONAL RUNNING DAY
    June 2 - Rest day
    June 3 - 54 min pilates........10k run
    June 4 - 3 mile run
    June 5 - 7 miles running with an 8:56 virtual 5k in the middle - Not my all time 5k PR but a PR for this year :)
    June 6 - 38 min lower body pilates, stretching and foam rolling
    June 7 - 20 min upper body weights, 20 min low impact cardio
    June 8 - Rest day
    June 9 - Rest day (I should be working out in the morning before work, but summer has me wanting to sleep in!)

June run goal: 18.25 of 50 miles

@Elise4270!!!! Good luck with surgery! I hope you feel so much better after recovery.

@shanaber We missed you too :smiley:

• kcbhopkins
    kcbhopkins Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

• DayLi77
    DayLi77 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »

@cljoe7 -Are you training your puppy to run? How old is she (?). My puppy is nearly 8 months old and we are working on the running thing. Some days are better than others...

@Iporter229 Pandora is actually not a puppy anymore (I just call her that! She'll always be my puppy ;) , just like my 18 year old daughter will always be my little girl!) Anyway, she's a 3 year old blue heeler mix. My very active boyfriend has done most of the preliminary run training with her as I am just getting back into running after taking time off due to bad knees. She naturally loves to run & could go for miles and miles, and so she didn't need too much training for it. Mostly we just have to keep her from trying to sprint after squirrels. There's still a lot of stopping to sniff things, but only because I let her. She would keep going if I *made* her, but I figure that the exercise should be enjoyable for both of us, and so she gets to indulge in some sniffing & stopping to roll in the grass - - even though this interferes with my timing :) Being able to run decent distances with Pandora is one of my main motivations to get back into running :)

My advice would be just to keep practicing running with your puppy. 8 month old puppies are spazzy and distractable anyway, so it will just take time & practice & patience & a bit more growing up. With practice I'll bet in a few more months you'll have an awesome running companion :)
  • DayLi77
    DayLi77 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @Elise4270 - go for the early run on the surgery! I am hoping for a great recovery and off to the races for you!!

Ditto from me! Good luck @Elise4270!

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @MNlittlefinn 80 mins walk with little man :heart: you'll do great on Saturday

BTW every time someone's post says pain the *kitten* I giggle like a 13 year old boy. Honestly could they have used a word that isn't so funny when it's insert in place of a potty word LOL!!

Thanks! Got in a 5 easy miles this morning too, just to keep my training momentum going....

.....And yeah...I giggle a little whenever I read pain in the kitten.....
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    Well I work Midnight's and run at work before the start of my shift. I hit a good mark with my weight loss. On December 4th the day I Overdosed I weighed myself I weighed 334 lbs after I ended up in rehab I dedicated myself to getting healthy in every aspect including physical. I set a goal for my birthday to lose between 60 to 80 lbs by July 21st. Yesterday morning I hit the 60lb mark weighing in at 274lbs. Now to see how much of the other 20lbs I can get. I had a great run yesterday back on the treadmill for 1 3/4 miles to get my monthly total to 7 3/4 miles so far.

Congratulations on the 60 pounds and running. One day at a time.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Well I work Midnight's and run at work before the start of my shift. I hit a good mark with my weight loss. On December 4th the day I Overdosed I weighed myself I weighed 334 lbs after I ended up in rehab I dedicated myself to getting healthy in every aspect including physical. I set a goal for my birthday to lose between 60 to 80 lbs by July 21st. Yesterday morning I hit the 60lb mark weighing in at 274lbs. Now to see how much of the other 20lbs I can get. I had a great run yesterday back on the treadmill for 1 3/4 miles to get my monthly total to 7 3/4 miles so far.

Hooray!