Options

Replies

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    6/1 - 3 miles
    6/2 - zip
    6/3 - 5 miles
    6/4 - 5 miles (I did 2 miles of intervals with my friend then walked 2 miles with her) after that I ran 3 miles with Skip so I'm going to count 5 miles
    6/5 - 5 miles
    6/6 - rest
    6/7 - 7 miles
    6/8 - 5 miles another perfect morning to run!
    6/9 - 4 miles loving the weather woohoo!!!
    6/10 - rest day rest day I hate rest days but I need to do a long(est) run tomorrow so it's rest day rest day
    6/11 - 6 miles 80F at start of run almost 90F when we were done...hot hot hot
    6/12 - 5 miles by myself and then 5 miles of intervals with my friend so I'm going to call it 8 miles - another way hot one :cold_sweat:
    6/13 - rest day after running and working over the weekend for 10 hours scrubbing the liner of my pool and shop vac'ing all the water out of the bottom, my body said *kitten* no we are not moving when the alarm went off. :smile:

48 of 100 miles

@whatmerunning woohoo for anniversaries that make us not run the next day :wink:
    @karllundy sorry for the hip pain
    @mbaker566 nice new name I see. I love laser tag. Years ago I went with my friends for their son's like 10th birthday and the Dad and I played too. OMG we were out of control, what a blast.
    @respectthekitty when I hear knees I tend to automatically think shoes. Did you get fitted at a running store for your runners?
    @sweetdianachka great race and super time!

• greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 Here's another story for you. Saturday I apparently swallowed a gnat trail running. I drank some water - didn't help. Started to cough - didn't help. Then right when I got by another person (hiker) I gagged loudly! LOL A really nasty almost puked gag. I feel like such an impostor when trail running because I'm such a wuss :wink:

@skippygirlsmom "Manual labor" does me in every time.

@mbaker566 That definitely sounds like exercise to me!

@RespectTheKitty I don't have any real experience with knee pain but knee damage freaks me out. Take it easy and see a doc if it doesn't clear up quickly. Knees are very important :smile: I didn't hesitate to see the Dr when my left knee bothered me recently, but that was apparently just a strained muscle behind my knee. Other than that my knee was popping a lot lately but I think biking caused it so I quit biking and skipped my midweek run last Tuesday to try and clear that up.

• Mathsrunner
    Mathsrunner Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    1/6: 4.5 Miles
    3/6: 3.4 Miles
    5/6: 3.7 Miles
    6/6: 3.4 Miles
    8/6: 3.7 Miles
    10/6: 5.0 Miles
    12/6: 4.2 Miles

exercise.png
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    @lporter229
    @Stoshew71
    Thank you for all the info on GPS (in)accuracy and running tangents, I am learning so much!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    It's a rest day and my inlaws gave me $50 as an early Father's Day gift to buy something for running.....what to get????
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom - Ugh! Scrubbing the pool, in what I imagine was brutal heat, does not sound like how I would like to spend Sunday (or any day)!
    @MNLittleFinn - If you are only spending the $50, I would get some lightweight/summer socks and maybe something reflective / safety. If you are adding money to it...shoes, always shoes! FWIW
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Got about 2 miles done on Sunday afternoon. I will go out again tomorrow.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Where is everyone? Heat, injury, recovery? I'm working... well, at work.

My running days are short. I wanna hear about others pounding it out. :smiley:
    Pretty much all of the above in my case. I did not get to bed until 2am last night so it made no sense to wake up and run. Heck, it didn't make sense to wake up for work either. I woke up for work though, but my grand return to running will have to wait until tomorrow. Unless I head out now in the heat of the afternoon. I assume it is hot today like it has been the last few days, and miserably humid. We have 100 degrees forecast for Wednesday I am told. :grimace:
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    It's a rest day and my inlaws gave me $50 as an early Father's Day gift to buy something for running.....what to get????

@MNlittlefinn I vote socks too, didn't you say recently you needed better socks.

@karllundy yeah it was my fault I emptied it a left a little water on the bottom and then some it of evaporated so some of the yuck from the winter stuck to the bottom and sides. Skip was a huge help though scrubbing away. The upswing to Sunday was a small rain came through just as I was walking out into the yard and the temp dropped over 10 degrees.

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 Here's another story for you. Saturday I apparently swallowed a gnat trail running. I drank some water - didn't help. Started to cough - didn't help. Then right when I got by another person (hiker) I gagged loudly! LOL A really nasty almost puked gag. I feel like such an impostor when trail running because I'm such a wuss :wink:

Haha! Gnats make me pee.... (coughing and running makes me pee).
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Where is everyone? Heat, injury, recovery? I'm working... well, at work.

My running days are short. I wanna hear about others pounding it out. :smiley:
    Pretty much all of the above in my case. I did not get to bed until 2am last night so it made no sense to wake up and run. Heck, it didn't make sense to wake up for work either. I woke up for work though, but my grand return to running will have to wait until tomorrow. Unless I head out now in the heat of the afternoon. I assume it is hot today like it has been the last few days, and miserably humid. We have 100 degrees forecast for Wednesday I am told. :grimace:

Hope your ready for a comeback!

Be 95+ here rest of the week... soul sucking hot.. I feel ya.
  • mysticwryter
    mysticwryter Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Due to a bit of a hiccup, I've lowered my goal to 35.....
    but I have been getting up there....

exercise.png

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    They finally posted the updated map for my HM and I got it loaded into Strava: https://www.strava.com/routes/5060879 Just 3 weeks away now.....the planning of strategy and fine tuning last couple weeks of training has begun
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    pretty confident that I'm coming down with something. husband was sick this weekend

ever feel like there is always something wrong with you. and then i have to take it easy and not run like i'd like.
  • DayLi77
    DayLi77 Posts: 655 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Two days with no running... one more tomorrow... Maybe see how the knee feels on Wednesday. Will be at the beach all week so maybe I just skip the running all week and drink at the pool all day...

A good friend of mine who's a long time runner & former competitive marathoner recommends the RICES method for knee injuries (or pretty much any running injury):
    Rest
    Ice
    Compression
    Elevation
    Scotch
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    6/13

exercise.png