WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2016

Options

Replies

• drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    KJ, I am so sorry. I cannot imagine your pain, but I know how hard it would be for me to let go of my sister, and I watched my mom as she had to let go of our dear Aunt Sis. Sometimes a good cry and friends to cry with you is the best you can hope for.

Barbie, thanks for the update on Jake. Hoping for the best possible outcome.

Joyce and Becca, hugs, just hugs.

Allie, grrr and the evil snake eye look for Tom. Happy birthday and have a good trip in spite of his attitude.

NYKaren, such a letdown about the job negotiations. Prayers for brighter days ahead.

Marcelyn, great pictures from all - almost as pretty as you and the girls.

• IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies;

Got a better start, today. Made it to the gym, managed to get out of the house with both coffee and food - sans my phone - but, I can live without that for a day...

I am WEARING my new size 20 jeans... alas the only photo I have is awful - but I am strutting my stuff in my new, smaller duds.u8u07gfcwzf9.jpg

Lisa - good luck with Hubby finding work. Why are people surprised that he wants to be with his wife? Or perhaps, in your particular area of TX, the "Little Woman" is expected to build her world around her hubby? I know things outside of the metroplex are a little different... *sigh* In any event, I do hope he finds something and you two can live together, where you choose to live.

Allie - pay no attention to the guilt trip behind the curtain... just enjoy your birthday to the fullest! Hope it's a happy one.

Heather - your Grandbabies are adorable. Glad your back is feeling more the thing.

Chris - NSV - you skinny person, you! Glad you are finding some time for you.

*Waves at Pip, Karen in VA, Margaret and Carey*

Rori - Seattle is a lovely city. Kudos to you for walking and using the hotel gym...Gold Star!

NYKaren - Being the breadwinner is a little stressful - but you get used to it. Just be sure to use the airplane theory of life... put your own oxygen mask on first, before you try to help the person next to you.

*Waves at Katla and Mary*

Lenora - I hope Cracker isn't milking the injury to get more meds... lol. But you have to give him credit for knowing how to keep your attention on him.

Marcelyn - a sweet looking trio of lovelies and their gorgeous Grandma... nice picture! Glad you could have some Girl Time with the Grand Daughters.

Kim - Earned Interest is the best revenge, huh? I am glad the investment guy is earning his keep.

Meg - poor Benny... and poor you for having to worry about him. I am thinking good thoughts.

Glo - sorry about the technical issues. Hope you get them resolved, soon. Great job on the exercise, though. A Gold Star for you, too~

Barbie - Got my fingers crossed for Jake. Hope the surgery was a complete success!

Well, I must return to the daily grind... those homes won't save themselves.

xo

Re in TX
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Barbie, so glad Jake is out of surgery.
  • wruper
    wruper Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'd like to say that I'm motivated. The truth is that I've been having stomach aches and haven't been willilng to endure the pain when eating eases the pain. I'm thinking a keto plan might help heal me. Now to do the plan---help, Lord!
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,751 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

Today I have embraced this truth ... So far so good!

KJ Hugs and prayers being sent to you and your sister.

Barbie Glad to hear Jake is out of surgery. Praying the surgery has brought significant relief.

Beth near Buffalo
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I am glad Jake made it out of surgery!

KJ, my thoughts are with you. ((hugs))

Marclyn- great photo!

love to all
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)<3
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    This has been a year of health issues for everyone, and their loved ones, hasn't it?? My TOPS group is struggling with so many ill, or their spouses ill. I remember when my only worry was maybe a hangnail that was bothering me. Is the world trying to tell us something?? Don't sweat the small stuff is right... ((((hugs))) to everyone that is dealing with issues beyond their control. I am a firm believer that life doesn't give you more than you can handle, but enough already. Husband is in a wait mode still. The surgery is post-phoned until tomorrow at 1:30 pm. So no driving today.

After I came home from laundry, I called my husband and he told me the news. So I fixed myself my favorite breakfast of Daves Powerseed bread, crunchy peanut butter, sliced banana, with a drizzle of honey. I take the plate into the livingroom to watch the rest of the morning news. I set it on the side tray table next to husbands lazyboy chair, sit and the arm rest promptly knocked over the tray table with my favorite breakfast!!! Dangnabbit!!! And I was so looking forward to that!! I made some eggs and toast....and sat carefully, with the table away from the armrest...sheeesh!

This morning I did stop by TOPS and weighed in. Lost 3 lbs this week! Happy about that. I am presently at 236.2. I was at 229.8 before all these health issues came up, but it happens when you don't pay attention. I do know what I need to do to get back down there, (and beyond).

This month has been crazy money wise. I am not fond of getting down to pennies the week before the 1st. Especially when I have to travel away from home. Granted I have a full tank of gas, but the $13 in my bank account makes me question everything I do. So when I am in the hospital with husband, I eat whatever he doesn't, and if he stays overnight Thursday, I find places to sleep in the hospital. Amazingly enough, there are many places you can sprawl, and not bother anyone. Life gets down to basic, caring for husband, calling son at home, and appreciating both fully.

Becca
    Oregon
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday, when I get off today I am on vacation until next Thursday. We plan to leave tomorrow for Denver and be back late Monday or early Tuesday. I just pray everyone can get a long. No phones, I-pads, tablets. Told the DGC that we are going to have to talk to each other.
    Re TX--I do like the new jeans. Looking good.
    Sorry I am not having time to read much. But know that I think of you ladies and all your support.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Oh, KJ, so so sorry, to hear this news. Please know our thots and prayers are with you. Big (((hugs)))

Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    /
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,211 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I am feeling for you KJ as you go through this parting with your sister. (((HUGS)))

Barbie - One step nearer a resolution to the pain and worry. :flowerforyou:

Becca - Good wishes for your husband's op tomorrow. :flowerforyou:

I decided to come clean with DH this evening and tell him I have been planning to book an airport hotel for our Mexican trip in January. We are leaving in the morning, we have to be there three hours before, the airport is more than an hour and a half away and it is January, so the weather could be anything and it will be dark. Sometimes he can be a bit mean about things he doesn't see the point of, as that drive doesn't bother him, but it bothers me big time. I just know I won't sleep the night before. So I bit the bullet and told him I will pay for the hotel, if he pays for the parking. He thinks I'm crazy for worrying about it so far in advance, but that's me. I've booked it - fully refundable. I could have done the whole parking package in one, but there's been a lot of publicity about rogue airport parking companies on the TV, so I thought the official parking would suit him better and we won't be in a hurry and stressed. It's all worth it to me not to have to get anxious about a dark, cold, very early start. Apparently the check in is so close that you can get all checked in with your bags and then go back to the hotel for breakfast. Perfect!

The question is - why do I feel so guilty about it? Partly because we have never done it before, we've always made that awful early start, and DH doesn't really approve. But for me, getting to the airport is the most stressful part of the holiday. Once I'm there, I'm fine. I'm just hoping it doesn't snow.

Love to all. Thanks for letting me unload my guilt.

Heather xxxxxxx
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    KJ. Have a good cry and a toast to your sister after the little ones go home. I am sure on some level your sister will know that you are there and gently loving her but fiercely wanting her to stay.

Barbie it will take some time before you know but what a relief that he is out of surgery! <3

Re you are looking great in the new jeans WTG

You all are such strong women! I am truly humbled that you share all of the struggles and victories with all of us

NYKAREN
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the Love
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,114 Member
    Options
    Re- you look great in those jeans!

Heather - I would be right along side you at the hotel! Wise decision.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Hi ladies! Just a quick call for help! I could use some prayers, good thoughts, vibes etc. just sent in my direction. It has been eight months since my younger sister's brain tumor diagnosis. She has made it eight months which is a wonderful thing, but it looks like we are starting down the other side of the mountain, so to speak. She has been in the hospital for the past week with confusion, delusions, hallucinations, vomiting. They found that the tumor had formed a new mass in a different area of her brain. Kind of at a loss because, well, I am here at this place where I just don't want to be. Watching her go. Being with her and she most likely isn't even aware of where she is or who she is with. I need a good cry and maybe some wine or beer. House full of little ones, so it will have to wait.

I'm so sorry for your sister's situation, for your whole family, and for you. All of you are in my prayers. :heart: :broken_heart::heart:.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    Hello all: Went to water exercise this morning. I really missed the water last year and I am glad we joined the YM in spite of the cost. We got our two barn cats last weekend but have lost one already as he escaped from our enclosure in the barn. Still have a black and white female. Will have to keep her shut up a couple of weeks longer but then can turn her loose on the property. She is a sweetheart and we have named her Lucy. Hope she turns out to be a good mouser.

I have PT tomorrow and then a re-evaluation next week. She will decide then if I continue for another month or keep up on my own. The biofeedback has been very interesting.

Allie - Happy Birthday!!!!

Katla - Happy sailing. Are you still using the vinegar for your reflux? How is that working for you?

KJ - Hugs!!! That must be so hard.

Barbie and Becca - Hope the hubbies are doing well and good luck with the driving.

Healing angels to all who need them and congratulations to those with victories. Sue in WA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    :heart: