Do you believe in fate ?

Options

Replies

• Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    I say, let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
  • kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Also no creatures still live from that era, if you are talking about modern birds being descendants of dinosaurs you might have a small case to argue. However I presume you think there are little dino's running around?

No I don't think there are little dinos running around the place that would be stupid lol
    But I was watching Jeremy wade on river monsters and some of those underwater creatures look prehistoric to me lol
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    kate141987 wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Maybe that's the problem I don't think I have the mind to really get to grips with evolution
    I'm just not very scientific and maths and all that scare me to death I have no idea where to start
    But I was raised a spiritualist so that's maybe where my thinking comes from

That's like saying you don't believe in gravity because you don't understand the theory of relativity.

Thank god for gravity that's all I can say lol or else we'd all be kitten
    Yeah I understand what goes up must come down I get the basics lol

I'm not getting into a religious debate at all. Plenty of Christians believe in evolution.
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Maybe that's the problem I don't think I have the mind to really get to grips with evolution
    I'm just not very scientific and maths and all that scare me to death I have no idea where to start
    But I was raised a spiritualist so that's maybe where my thinking comes from

I know many people who are both spiritual/religious and still believe in evolution. My high school biology teacher was one. If you're interested in learning more, there are a lot of books on the subject written for people who aren't science oriented. There are even children's books on it. My 2 year old has a fun rhyming one called Great Adaptations. Each poem was written by a scientist on a specific aspect of evolution/natural selection.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Fate is a construct to help the sheep follow the Shepard.

^Sometimes I think this, and sometimes things happen that make me wonder if indeed fate exists. I'm never quite sure if I believe in fate or not.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Two days visiting the boards after a break and I still see the same problem.
    Also my view is I believe in the universe leads me down my paths. And that's all I will say about that. Oh, and to each their own beliefs and every person should respect that.

Who is being disrespectful?
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    No. I don't. But if it makes you feel good, I guess keep doing what you do. I'm not sure how this got to evolution. It doesn't directly relate to the question of fate.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    Theres one in every bunch
  • kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Tbh iv never had a strong belief in an actual 'God' i don't think I could actually say I believe 'GOD' made us and the planet
    But I also don't believe there is such a thing as pure coincidence cos I don't believe there are any in life I do think everything happens for a reason
    The reason may not be clear though or at other times it's very clear
  • JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    " Fate is an elegant cold hearted *kitten*"
This discussion has been closed.