Keto Diet Friends...

Options
124»

Replies

• belleflop
    belleflop Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I've been Keto adapted for about 6 months. Feel free to add me if need a friend/support on this journey!
  • momma712
    momma712 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've been researching keto and playing around with the idea of starting, how are ya'll liking it? I'm eating paleo right now, but it looks like I could do primal and keto at the same time so I'm thinking about it. Are you all doing low carb, high fat, moderate protein?

I stick as closely as I can to keto/primal
  • momma712
    momma712 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    fit_elliex wrote: »
    momma712 wrote: »
    On August 1st I'm starting a 90 day KISS challenge. (Keep it super simple) if anyone is interested

That sounds great! How do I join in please?

It's actually a group on Facebook but if you want I can give you the guidlines
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Just curious, but why is everyone doing Keto always "just started"? Are there no long-term keto people? Or is this meant to be a temporary diet?

End of this month will make 2 years for me following this WOE. So, yes, there are long-term LCHFers around out there.
  • confusedtruffle
    confusedtruffle Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    woo hoo! first started keto in 2012 and would love to make friends here! i'm 95% vegan which makes for a fun food diary :D
  • lynnwillperservere
    Options
    Is Keto the same as Ideal Protein?
  • seussbaby
    seussbaby Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    this is a great thread!
    im looking to connect w keto friends too. i am looking to lose 60#, reduce glucose levels and high BP. not really sure what im doing.. appreciate connecting and support. currently have none!
  • ekisselbach
    ekisselbach Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have been on the Nutritional Ketogenic Diet since 10/21/2015. Lost just under 60 lbs. About 20 to go.
  • amber7423
    amber7423 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started Keto in February and down 40 pounds . Always looking for motivation
  • seussbaby
    Options
    I have been on the Nutritional Ketogenic Diet since 10/21/2015. Lost just under 60 lbs. About 20 to go.
    that's so great!!! how do you feel? 60lbs crept up on me and I feel like crap! hope to be consistent and get rid of it!
  • seussbaby
    Options
    amber7423 wrote: »
    I started Keto in February and down 40 pounds . Always looking for motivation
    40 in 6 mos is amazing too! do you exercise like a fiend? ! ;-)
    my left leg had 2 knee surgeries so that + weight gives me a bit of a problem.
  • hadirk
    hadirk Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    started Keto 8 days ago down 8lbs , i'm struggling to stay under 20 gms of carb though. please add me.
  • gstatpro
    gstatpro Posts: 6 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hadirk,

I just started too! I'm down 3lbs in a week. But I have been tweaking what I eat. I gotta admit it is very hard for me and there's times I wanna quit. But watch what veggies carbs that are high (not all veggies are friendly). I usually set myself at 50 carbs a day not 20 that's what I heard is normal on Keto, oppose to 220 that MFP guideline gives us but maybe I can lower it but this is what's working for me. I feel great and plan to keep it going! Good luck!
  • EBauerHaus
    EBauerHaus Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've just started a low-carb, high-fat diet! If any of you all would like to add me, I'd love some friends. :)
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Just curious, but why is everyone doing Keto always "just started"? Are there no long-term keto people? Or is this meant to be a temporary diet?

There's over 30,000 folks doing low carb or keto (including WLS people, diabetic, MS, FM and people just starting, succeeding and maintaining) here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
    There is a huge selection reference materials linked on that group's launch pad as well.
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    can someone share with me, what are these fat bombs you all speak of? I've been doing Keto for a week now. I do get a little tired, but can push myself through it and have been putting the water to me. Lost 4lbs and I haven't had any carb cravings. I am sure they are waiting to sneak up on me lol
  • cathyfalcone9819
    cathyfalcone9819 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about keto. I know it works really well for some people and it is a God send for children with seizures.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    can someone share with me, what are these fat bombs you all speak of? I've been doing Keto for a week now. I do get a little tired, but can push myself through it and have been putting the water to me. Lost 4lbs and I haven't had any carb cravings. I am sure they are waiting to sneak up on me lol

There are many fat bomb recipes on the web but I have never need to use them. I just eat real food. If you are tired, you are likely missing sodium. Again, I urge you to join us at:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Lots of experience in a large group with recipes and research material.