Zimmerman vs. Martin

Options

Replies

• DorisInTheDena
    DorisInTheDena Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Zimmerman should have stayed in his car. PERIOD!
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Holy crap this somehow made it past 20 pages without getting deleted. Color me shocked
    Thank you mods for allowing my entertainment for the morning to continue!

Sorry, boss. Productivity for the day: gone :bigsmile:
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Holy crap this somehow made it past 20 pages without getting deleted. Color me shocked
    Thank you mods for allowing my entertainment for the morning to continue!

Sorry, boss. Productivity for the day: gone :bigsmile:

:laugh:
  • boredlimodriver
    boredlimodriver Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    i guarantee 90% of the people in this thread have not watched one second of the case, or reviewed the evidence.

Otherwise they're just blinded by SOMETHING to think Zimmerman should be found guilty.
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I think the prosecution made a mistake charging him with Second Degree murder. If he's found not guilty it will be because he was overcharged and they couldn't prove he's guilty of that charge.

I don't think he deserves to walk, though.

agreed. 2nd degree is exteme, but a kid was shot to death some charge should be held.
    Why?

Well I hope he gets 2nd degree murder. Zimmerman should get the chair or the needle for what he's done. That poor family lost their son and deserves justice.
    Okay. That'll hold up in court.

I wasn't talking about the court, I was talking about my hope. As for the legal aspects, I agree Zimmerman could walk. I would find that very disappointing, cause I think he's guilty. But that's separate obviously from how the trial or FL legal system may resolve this.
    How do you know he is guilty? You're just emotionally attached or trolling. I'm done replying to you though. Watch the trial, learn the facts, then come back.

I have been watching the trial and I'm pretty objective about my conclusion. You concede the argument, that's fine.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Guess you never played golf.

Biggest waste of prime real estate EVER!

But they don't have "people" walking around them like the gated communities, and if you shoot at someone you can yell fore and there will be no murder charges.
  • delaniecastillo
    Options
    Excited puppy lawyers were stupid and went all dumb and went straight for Murder. Should've tried for manslaughter.
    I doubt he had intentions of killing the kid. He's going to walk and honestly, he should. The evidence just lacking.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I just want to know how my posts reek of racism when I haven't mentioned race other than saying that the trial is actually occuring due to racism in the first place.
  • RECowgill
    Options
    i guarantee 90% of the people in this thread have not watched one second of the case, or reviewed the evidence.

Otherwise they're just blinded by SOMETHING to think Zimmerman should be found guilty.

I've watched quite a bit of it, both prosecution and defense arguments. I know what I'm talking about. Zimmerman murdered a kid, its pretty sad.

I won't speculate as to why he did it exactly. Was it racism? Was it for other reasons? Who knows. I'm not going to accuse you of anything for believing otherwise.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    It's funny how EVERY witness the prosecution has brought has strengthened the case of the defense yet people still think this is a valid case and the Zimmerman is guilty.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I've just kind of responded to others so far, but I do agree that, while GZ was over zealous, I think he reacted the way he did because he thought his life was in danger. Like others have said, Murder 2 is a bit of a far fetched goal for the state and I don't think Zimmerman will be convicted.

I'm watching the trial live right now, and, to me, it seems like the prosecutions case is falling apart. The prosecutor just demonstrated how Martin was above Zimmerman when he was shot (I think he was trying to show otherwise), and he spent about 10 minutes asking the witness what questions he asked Zimmerman after the incident (i.e. the direction he was approached from-something that had been covered already, the hand Martin was hitting him with and other random questions that wouldn't be asked in a statement). It's a lot of questions that seem to be wasting time and not contributing anything to further the trial. But I'm not a lawyer so what do I know...
  • RECowgill
    Options
    It's funny how EVERY witness the prosecution has brought has strengthened the case of the defense yet people still think this is a valid case and the Zimmerman is guilty.

That's an exaggeration, it hasn't been that bad for the prosecution. They had some good moments and bad moments just like the defense. In fact if I were Zimmerman, I'd be somewhat upset and peeved at some of the screwups my team has put on.

But I will grant you that the prosecution has screwed up sometimes. They put up some witnesses that didn't help them as much as I'd bet they wanted. That's what makes this trial so unpredictable, it will come down to how the jury interprets things, what they believe.
  • boredlimodriver
    Options

this
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options

I've watched quite a bit of it, both prosecution and defense arguments. I know what I'm talking about. Zimmerman murdered a kid, its pretty sad.

I won't speculate as to why he did it exactly. Was it racism? Was it for other reasons? Who knows. I'm not going to accuse you of anything for believing otherwise.

Sir, you need to look up the legal definition of murder in both federal law and florida law, you really have no clue what you are talking about. If you have watched the trial then your response is even worse than those who have not, you ability to process information and comprehend it is severely diminished. I'm not saying you can't have the opinion he is guilty of killing this kid but murder by statutory definition it is not.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options

That's an exaggeration, it hasn't been that bad for the prosecution. They had some good moments and bad moments just like the defense. In fact if I were Zimmerman, I'd be somewhat upset and peeved at some of the screwups my team has put on.

But I will grant you that the prosecution has screwed up sometimes. They put up some witnesses that didn't help them as much as I'd bet they wanted. That's what makes this trial so unpredictable, it will come down to how the jury interprets things, what they believe.

I'm sure they've both had some bad times, but right this very second, the witness is embarrassing the prosecution. Like, handing them a new one making them look like they have no idea what they're doing.
  • RECowgill
    Options
    I've just kind of responded to others so far, but I do agree that, while GZ was over zealous, I think he reacted the way he did because he thought his life was in danger. Like others have said, Murder 2 is a bit of a far fetched goal for the state and I don't think Zimmerman will be convicted.

I'm watching the trial live right now, and, to me, it seems like the prosecutions case is falling apart. The prosecutor just demonstrated how Martin was above Zimmerman when he was shot (I think he was trying to show otherwise), and he spent about 10 minutes asking the witness what questions he asked Zimmerman after the incident (i.e. the direction he was approached from-something that had been covered already, the hand Martin was hitting him with and other random questions that wouldn't be asked in a statement). It's a lot of questions that seem to be wasting time and not contributing anything to further the trial. But I'm not a lawyer so what do I know...

I'm watching it too. The prosecution has at times been weak, they need to slam dunk this witness as having his own bias and reasons for saying what he's saying. They're not completely selling it. And I realize the burden of proof is on the state, it concerns me that they haven't completely eliminated reasonable doubt. But there is also a lack of direct evidence.
  • boredlimodriver
    Options

I'm sure they've both had some bad times, but right this very second, the witness is embarrassing the prosecution. Like, handing them a new one making them look like they have no idea what they're doing.

the worst part is when GZ is rightly found not guilty, people will blame the prosecutors and how bad they were. Not the fact that GZ was actually innocent. Or that this case was un-winnable to begin with. You need evidence to win a case.
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options

See, I'm not sure how it works where you are from, but in the UK a person is tried by a jury of his peers. That means 12 people get to have an opinion. Not just you. Fairer, don't you think?
  • RECowgill
    Options

Sir, you need to look up the legal definition of murder in both federal law and florida law, you really have no clue what you are talking about. If you have watched the trial then your response is even worse than those who have not, you ability to process information and comprehend it is severely diminished. I'm not saying you can't have the opinion he is guilty of killing this kid but murder by statutory definition it is not.

mur·der (mûrdr)
    n.
    1. The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.

Yep. And so?
  • ddxm
    ddxm Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    wtf? reek of racism, where in the text above does anyone mention race? Don't comment if you are too stupid to read.
    And of course you can't be racist without mentioning race, right? Hmm, this reminds me of a certain quote by Lee Atwater, republican political strategist, advisor to Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush and chairman of the RNC. Here's what he had to say:
    You start out in 1954 by saying, "******, ******, ******." By 1968 you can't say "******" — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "******, ******."
    And that's what people like you been doing for last 40 years or so.