Zimmerman vs. Martin

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Good Morning :smile: ,

I am just wondering what are your thoughts on the trial thus far? I totally hope that Zimmerman is found guilty, but In my opinion I don't believe the prosecutor has proven Zimmerman's guilt. Every night I watch channels like CNN & HLN with Dr. Drew and other experts who have their opinions on the case.

Just for talk, what do you think about the whole case and the trial? What do you think the verdict will be? What do you think about the witnesses who have testified? Anything else you'd like to throw in there, be my guest!

P.S.-Let's be peaceful :flowerforyou: Ready, set, go!!!

I think you need to find intelligent shows to watch. :noway:

Beyond that, I have no real opinion-- I'm not in the trial. I wasn't there at the shooting. Seems Martin was a thug. Seems evidence that's appearing in the media hasn't proven Z's guilt.

Seems this trial was to appease racists--
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    NEVER said EVERYONE DID. But I am assuming you are claiming to be some sort of angel no?
    And you're talking... to WHOM, exactly??? Quote, please...
  • dsimmons107
    dsimmons107 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I have a 18 year old son. If someone was following him and approached him I would expect him to defend himself. I also know if it was my son he shot there would be no safe place on the planet for him. I wouldn't need the courts to solve this issue. It is a simple blood feud. Blood for blood.

YES Mercutio! Loose the hounds and sharpen thy blades for TONIGHT THERE WILL BE BLOOD!

Please join us in the 21st Century...

I don't know about anyone else but I feel I have a obligation to protect and defend those that I love and am responsible for safety and defense. Maybe it is my Marine Corps and Army Ranger training (in the 21st Century by the way) but the murder of my son is just as valid a reason to go to war as an attack on New York is to star a 10 year war that has cost thousands of lives.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I have a 18 year old son. If someone was following him and approached him I would expect him to defend himself. I also know if it was my son he shot there would be no safe place on the planet for him. I wouldn't need the courts to solve this issue. It is a simple blood feud. Blood for blood.

This is ignorance. I hope you don't condone your child attacking someone who is getting back into their car and I hope for your child he isn't stupid enough to do so.
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Good Morning :smile: ,

I am just wondering what are your thoughts on the trial thus far? I totally hope that Zimmerman is found guilty, but In my opinion I don't believe the prosecutor has proven Zimmerman's guilt. Every night I watch channels like CNN & HLN with Dr. Drew and other experts who have their opinions on the case.

Just for talk, what do you think about the whole case and the trial? What do you think the verdict will be? What do you think about the witnesses who have testified? Anything else you'd like to throw in there, be my guest!

P.S.-Let's be peaceful :flowerforyou: Ready, set, go!!!

I think you need to find intelligent shows to watch. :noway:

Beyond that, I have no real opinion-- I'm not in the trial. I wasn't there at the shooting. Seems Martin was a thug. Seems evidence that's appearing in the media hasn't proven Z's guilt.

Seems this trial was to appease racists--

I think the shows I watch are fine :smile: Thank you for commenting though. I appreciate your feedback :blushing:
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    This I have to reply to. I have read more than one article, and seen the tweets myself, from black people talking about rioting and how they will go out and "kill a random white person" if Zimmerman walks.

I realize you want to think that people are making that up just to be racist, but it would seem they are given a damn good reason to be concerned.

Yes because there are some scary black trolls behind a lot of keyboards out there... iScared.
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    From my understanding, a young man was walking through a gated community, talking on the phone, while he made his way back to his place after buying snacks at a convenience store.

And some dude, under the guise of being part of a neighborhood watch, accosted him. AFTER the police told him not to.

Now, if some son of a b approached me, and I told him to back off, and he didn't and we got into a scuffle where I ended up getting shot?

Who is guilty? What, if someone approaches me in a confrontational way, I'm not supposed to defend myself?

I don't care if Trayvon is percieved as a child or a thug. He was minding his own business and Zimmerman instigated. Had Zimmerman done what the police TOLD him to do, Trayvon would have kept on walking and none of this would have happened.

This is my take on it. And it doesn't matter to me that Trayvon got in trouble at school or smoked pot. He is 17. Lots of kids behave this way and grow up to be 100% awesome contributing members of society.

Trayvon didn't get the chance to do that because a grown assed man approached him and started a fight. Unreal.

Bravo, I couldn't have said it better myself
  • healthyversionofme
    healthyversionofme Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I think the prosecution made a mistake charging him with Second Degree murder. If he's found not guilty it will be because he was overcharged and they couldn't prove he's guilty of that charge.

I don't think he deserves to walk, though.

agreed. 2nd degree is exteme, but a kid was shot to death some charge should be held.
  • moosegt35
    Options
    Why do you hope he is found guilty?

Is it because the news shows Martin as a 10 year old kid in all his pics? Martin was a thug, drug dealer, "gangster", etc..

Do I think Zimmerman is an idiot want to be cop? Yes. But he will never get changed with murder 2.

All of Zimmerman's story is lining up as well. He's going to walk and there will be a huge race war over nothing.

God I hate this world.

Hello, I'm curious where you get this information from? I've heard many people say this but I've never once seen proof to substantiate these claims against a young man who was killed. He is not able to give his side of the story and his parents will have to live the rest of their lives with the ache in their heart of their son being taken from this world senselessly.

If anyone can provide links or actual proof that Trayvon was a "thug" or a "drug dealer" then please share. Smoking weed does not make you a thug, nor does it make you anything but want the munchies. This is proven by the young man having skittles and iced tea. That's proof.

What about the stolen jewelry and burglary tools he was caught with? What about his dad being a member of the Crips and having a crip tattoo on his neck that has now been changed into praying hands?
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    What I've learned from this thread is how easily people forget what it was like to be 17.

That is very sad.

I wasn't committing battery on people getting back into their cars at 17.

That's only if you believe the truly silly story of the defense, the guy who is trying to save his own butt. His story is a fabrication, a stretching of truth and facts. I'm pretty sure if the kid wasn't murdered we would hear a completely different witness testimony. I really hope the jury sees through it.

Well that's true my friend. I guess we should all just accept TM's girlfriend's testimony as gospel seeing as she "heard wet grass"...

Guess you never played golf.
  • onetwopotato
    onetwopotato Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I think the prosecution made a mistake charging him with Second Degree murder. If he's found not guilty it will be because he was overcharged and they couldn't prove he's guilty of that charge.

agreed. 2nd degree is exteme, but a kid was shot to death some charge should be held.
    Why?
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    From what I read, the gun shot wound was in his front, but he was found on his stomach, implying that he was shot while ON TOP of Zimmerman. So to me, that would seem like self-defense.

So you're saying TM was literally on top of GZ when he was shot? Is there forensic evidence to support this? Blood splatter on GZ, gunshot residue on TM? I didn't see GZ covered in blood splatter or smears from removing himself from under TM's body after the shooting. TM could have been standing a distance away when shot then doubled over and collapsed face down. A gunshot won't necessarily knock you on your back.
  • moosegt35
    Options
    What I've learned from this thread is how easily people forget what it was like to be 17.

That is very sad.

I wasn't committing battery on people getting back into their cars at 17.

That's only if you believe the truly silly story of the defense, the guy who is trying to save his own butt. His story is a fabrication, a stretching of truth and facts. I'm pretty sure if the kid wasn't murdered we would hear a completely different witness testimony. I really hope the jury sees through it.

One more person who hasn't watched any of the trial or read a police report.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options

That is very sad.

At 17 I never attacked anyone... *shrugs*
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options

This. I am a CSI with the State of Florida and completely agree with this.
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options

Why?

Well I hope he gets 2nd degree murder. Zimmerman should get the chair or the needle for what he's done. That poor family lost their son and deserves justice.
  • moosegt35
    Options
    I've been keeping up on the news, trial, and commentary, and there was no way to avoid ignorant people from going negative on this post. I always discouraged to see the blatant racism that still exists. Off my pedestal and on to my actual point.

We are 20 years past the riots after Rodney King! I just don't think that is going to happen if Zimmerman is found innocent. Granted, people will be mad, but I don't think we'll be reduced to rioting and destroying our own neighborhoods again. I'm just so tired of seeing these comments saying black people are going to riot. Saying all that, I hope this jury can see through the trash and find Zimmerman guilty....at least of manslaughter, if not 2nd degree.

There are twiiter accounts, facebook pages, etc dedicated to people saying they ARE going to riot if he is aquitted. Why would people not think this?
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options

YES Mercutio! Loose the hounds and sharpen thy blades for TONIGHT THERE WILL BE BLOOD!

Please join us in the 21st Century...

I don't know about anyone else but I feel I have a obligation to protect and defend those that I love and am responsible for safety and defense. Maybe it is my Marine Corps and Army Ranger training (in the 21st Century by the way) but the murder of my son is just as valid a reason to go to war as an attack on New York is to star a 10 year war that has cost thousands of lives.

Umm... no it's not. As a Veteran and Father I understand your point, but really, how is your family served by murdering another then either going to prison for life or being executed? It just comes across as vengeance...
  • Jlopez201
    Jlopez201 Posts: 61
    Options
    I have to agree with some of you. I have no faith in the Florida justice system,, Just the Excellent Cuban food in Miami. :drinker: :smile:

Back to my fitness! :tongue:
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I think it's Zimmerman.
    And what frustrates me is that EVERY night the argument shifts over to place the blame on Martin, Zimmerman, Martin, Zimmerman, Martin, etc.... SO frustrating!
    I saw a few nights ago, that Martin was a regular THC user- and the forensics expert said that the body gets used to the effect of it, so it should not have caused any significant mental/physical change in Martin, which I thought was interesting. After googling THC and its effects, I read that it has a rather sedative effect on the human body, and that in fact, even if he DID consume high amounts of it, it would not make him aggressive, in any way.
    This case is pretty interesting, but I am just frustrated by how long it's taking to solve! I think that one piece of huge evidence (though not exactly tangible) that should go against Zimmerman is that he gained weight so rapidly after the case opened- that he has some sort of guilty feelings about this whole ordeal in which he was involved. Also, his testimonies have changed so much, which is normal. But I still think he's guilty.
    Nice to hear some news on these threads actually! Something different :)
    Thise are the "general" effects of THC, but drugs can effect different people in different ways. Why do you think we get the ridiculous lists of "POSSIBLE" side effects every time a new drug comes out. If ONE person experienced it, it's got to be listed. THC likely didn't make him aggressive, but is it possible that it did? Sure.

And, as far as his having gained weight, I find it humorous that you attribute that to guilt feelings. I would attribute it more to not getting regular exercise and eating the crappy foods being fed him while incarcerated. Not EVERYONE eats their emotions anyway. Just because SOME people do, doesn't mean it applies to everyone.

Yes of course; side effects are different for everyone. But I still do not think that it made Trayvon aggressive. And I believe the news had mentioned the two having encounters before this last one, which indicates there was a conflict of interest before, as well
    And as for the incarceration 'diet', I did NOT in any way insinuate that he was eating away his emotions. Like I said, it's a piece of intangible evidence, but his demeanor and his extreme weight gain, really strengthened my belief that he's guilty. And also, there are SO many incarcerated people who are in reasonably good health- Zimmerman *somehow* wasn't one of them? If he wasn't guilty, then what made him so nervous and fidgety in the courtroom? Just his demeanor is enough to make me squirm.
    Being held in a county jail is not the same as being incarcerated long term in an actual prison. But whatever. Of course you're right because you believe it. All I was saying is that you seem to be making a lot of assumptions.

Yes, which is why I attempted to clarify my miscommunication.