NO MCDONALDS

Options

Replies

• sluggz
    sluggz Posts: 134
    Options
    insulted no one? you insulted me directly and purposefully with the comment "people like you". You've repeatedly tossed insults at me.
    Nowhere in this thread or anywhere else did I or would I say that anyone should eat like me or even needs to eat like me. Know why? Because people can make their own damn choices and learn from their own successes and mistakes. You want to attack me or call my knowledge or lack thereof into question? You can expect this type of response. The fact is I'm not ignorant enough to to try to push IIFYM on everyone as THE solution to weight loss instead of A solution to weight loss. There's a difference. Paleo works, Clean eating works, 6 meals a day, 3 meals a day, weight watchers, Zone, Atkins, IIFYM... they all work and none of them have been proven 100% successful or sustainable. That too is a fact.

The problem Jonny, again, is that you are trying to tell the world that Mcdonalds is as healthy as anything else, and it''s just not true, thats a fact. You are correct when you say that there's nothing inherently bad or evil about McDonalds or any other fast food. But to argue that it's healthy? Give me a break. And you still can't refute the Twinkie argument...

All I "push" is that people should Eat the way they need to in order to reach THEIR personal goals, I certainly am not going to tell you what you should or should not eat. What the F does it matter to me? If someone wants my advice, they can ask. At least I dont have to troll message boards looking to save fast food from villification at every opportunity.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    But I'm a very nice McDonald and I like it when people stop by for breakfast.

What time should I be over?
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Now just start making your own delicious, filling breakfast in the morning, and you'll see how much better it tastes than Mcdonalds.
  • justyce13
    justyce13 Posts: 19
    Options
    WOW!!!!! I must be blind, because I thought this whole group was for support, not bashing each other! I didn't mean to start an all out ***** fest. Some of you have very strong personalitys and thats fine, but keep your !@#$ mean comments to yourself. I was just proud that I accomplished that. Thats all. Thank you to the people that PM'd me, that means alot. And for the dumb !!# who did start it, get off of here,obsviously you don't need to be on here:0)
  • icandothisby29
    Options
    Congrats to you!!!!
  • juliads2003
    juliads2003 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats on meeting a goal you set.

It's not "poison" nor really bad. A 300 calories sandwich is not excessive for a meal. And yes they use real eggs, cheese and ham, the same you would buy at a store.

It's positive for the OP to avoid if McDonald's is her vice and derails her from losing weight, but McDonald's is hardly poison.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I agree, all things in moderation. If you were to got the "super-size" route everyday for everymeal, you have problem. Eating there once, or even twice a week and ordering a small fry instead of a large, a diet coke instead of a full strength coke, a parfait instead of hashbrowns, ect... is not going to kill you nor "poison" you. Do it wisely instead of carelessly! McD's only has the bad rep because people need someone to blame for their own lack of self control.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Bump - iifym-ce
  • MrsSpindler
    Options
    Good for you! That is great! You don't need that poison!

Lol @ Poison. It's good that you were able to stick with your goals though. Good for you!!
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!! I must be blind, because I thought this whole group was for support, not bashing each other! I didn't mean to start an all out ***** fest. Some of you have very strong personalitys and thats fine, but keep your !@#$ mean comments to yourself. I was just proud that I accomplished that. Thats all. Thank you to the people that PM'd me, that means alot. And for the dumb !!# who did start it, get off of here,obsviously you don't need to be on here:0)

Lighten up. You have been supported in this thread. These type threads ALWAYS cause this type of discussion. If you have an aversion to this, maybe an open internet forum isnt for you, there are other avenues of support. BTW, I still think its awesome that you are able to avoid something that is an obvious trigger for you. However, there are some people on MFP, myself being one, who wont let things that arent true, go unchalleged. In the third post in this thread, someone called McDonalds poison, its not. Others have said its unhealthy, that is false. If people dont like it, fine. If it is a trigger for someone and they want to avoid it, fine. But no food should be demonized, its never the food, its always the person who has control issues. I just want people to be honest. Now, once again, WELL DONE OP. I am done here.
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I know I already commented on this post, but I had another thought. One thing I do to resist stopping at a fast food place for breakfast, is stock the freezer at work with some Breakfast Lean Pockets.

I know they're not great for me (with the sodium and all), but they are better than fast food and cheaper! Sometimes it just helps me resist stopping if I know I have another option for a "hot" breakfast!
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    The only thing I ever really want from McDonald's is the caramel frappe. Haven't had one since before March. I always want one but I don't want the 800 calories. It's like a bad ex. Just have to cut ties and move on! lol
  • mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! My motivation to avoid eating out is to take the money I would have spent on food and spend it on a fun activitity or cute new shoes instead!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I know I already commented on this post, but I had another thought. One thing I do to resist stopping at a fast food place for breakfast, is stock the freezer at work with some Breakfast Lean Pockets.

I know they're not great for me (with the sodium and all), but they are better than fast food and cheaper! Sometimes it just helps me resist stopping if I know I have another option for a "hot" breakfast!

I'm genuinely curious what makes a Lean Pocket better than, say, an Egg McMuffin? Do you find that they taste better?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It's not "poison" nor really bad. A 300 calories sandwich is not excessive for a meal. And yes they use real eggs, cheese and ham, the same you would buy at a store.

It depends on what you buy at the store. Sometimes there are reasons other than poison to not buy food.

http://www.organicconsumers.org/articles/article_27706.cfm
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

I'm genuinely curious what makes a Lean Pocket better than, say, an Egg McMuffin? Do you find that they taste better?

I can't do the molten center. By the time I get done nuking it, the thing has barfed liquid with the rest solidified into a crusty, tasteless mass inside. Maybe it's because I'm too lazy to tweak the microwave's power settings, I dunno.
  • juliads2003
    juliads2003 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats on meeting a goal you set.

It's positive for the OP to avoid if McDonald's is her vice and derails her from losing weight, but McDonald's is hardly poison.

IDEA Fitness member

I agree, all things in moderation. If you were to got the "super-size" route everyday for everymeal, you have problem. Eating there once, or even twice a week and ordering a small fry instead of a large, a diet coke instead of a full strength coke, a parfait instead of hashbrowns, ect... is not going to kill you nor "poison" you. Do it wisely instead of carelessly! McD's only has the bad rep because people need someone to blame for their own lack of self control.

(Yeesh, my grammar is horrible!) I want to add that I have a severe fast food fetish myself, and it really is not the food, it is the choice you make when you order it. Awesome job on taking the first step in overcoming this challenge! I have only ate fast food 3 times in the past two weeks, and two of those times I chose a salad. This is huge for me, as I normally order the worst things on the menu and eat there 3-4 times a week. It is a hard thing to accomplish to gain that self-control, and you are doing awesome in taking the first step!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I ate a lot of fast food when I started here. My first day logging, I think it was 2 Egg McMuffins and a large Mocha Cafe for breakfast.

Then for lunches during the week, I would usually go to Wendy's. If I had somewhere to go in the evening and didn't have time to make dinner, I would do another drive-through.

I started scaling back and making different choices. I would instead get just 1 Egg McMuffin and no mocha. At Wendy's a switched to the grilled chicken sandwich, no fries.... or Chili.

Eventually I changed my habits and rarely get fast food anymore. When I do get it, I find it tastes kind of funny to me and I don't really like it. Except Egg McMuffins, I will never tire of those. Problem is, I want two or three of them so I decided I better skip them altogether most of the time. LOL!
  • justyce13
    justyce13 Posts: 19
    Options
    LOL, I love the chocolat one. But I haven't had one in a long time! congrats on not having one since March!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    So did you bypass today OP? Guess you're gonna be held accountable now.

IDEA Fitness member
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options