My food crack is...

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Cookie butter. Not allowed in the house. For me, it's even worse than Nutella :-) All I need is a spoon.

You're gonna hate me, but........

Have you ever tried putting the jar into the microwave until the cookie butter becomes meaty, lava-like glory and then dipping digestive biscuits /Graham crackers/really good bread into it? Oh. My. Gosh.

... I'll just go and hide now.

Editing to say: Melty. I said MELTY. Not meaty! Thank you, autocorrect--what would I do without you?
  • Jenpiddles
    Jenpiddles Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My mom's homemade chocolate fudge.

She gave me a 9"x13" pan last Thanksgiving, and I ate the whole thing in 3 days. :s
  • kberletic253
    kberletic253 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Pizza
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    fun fetti cake, donuts, any chip.
  • Marathonman2000
    Marathonman2000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cookies, chips are some of my worst ones. Needless to say I do not keep any at home.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    My biggest food crack when I was overweight/obese was 1) Chester's Hot Fries and 2) the whole line of Chester's spicy/hot chips. I kid you not, but there were times where for consecutive months, I would eat a bag of hot fries and/or another spicy chip from the company EVERY day. And I'm not talking about those little 50 cents bags either; it was the $1.49 (4 oz) and $2.00 (7oz) bags.
    When I started my weight loss, I made sure to wean myself off of them by eating some every other day, then once a week, then once every two weeks, and then once a month. For a few months during my weight loss, I didn't even have a bite of these chips. A bit after I reached maintenance, I introduced hot fries again into my diet, and while I do love them very much still, they are no longer my food crack. I find that a single serving satisfies my odd craving for them every once in a while.
  • Citycat2015
    Citycat2015 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Soft cheese and salami. Gimme!!
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    My biggest food crack when I was overweight/obese was 1) Chester's Hot Fries and 2) the whole line of Chester's spicy/hot chips. I kid you not, but there were times where for consecutive months, I would eat a bag of hot fries and/or another spicy chip from the company EVERY day. And I'm not talking about those little 50 cents bags either; it was the $1.49 (4 oz) and $2.00 (7oz) bags.
    When I started my weight loss, I made sure to wean myself off of them by eating some every other day, then once a week, then once every two weeks, and then once a month. For a few months during my weight loss, I didn't even have a bite of these chips. A bit after I reached maintenance, I introduced hot fries again into my diet, and while I do love them very much still, they are no longer my food crack. I find that a single serving satisfies my odd craving for them every once in a while.

I have never heard of these...I'm looking it up! We don't have those in Canada! I hate it when you guys post about crazy junk food that we don't have! ;)
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »

I have never heard of these...I'm looking it up! We don't have those in Canada! I hate it when you guys post about crazy junk food that we don't have! ;)

Haha. They're really good!
  • ludazatobom
    ludazatobom Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Pasta....sandwiches but the ones smothered in mayo i know ew. Mayo itself...nutella...cake....chocolate. Basically everything that's crap.
  • lexylondon
    lexylondon Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Biscuits (cookies) are my biggest temptation. So good with a cup of tea or coffee...
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    This will be a weird list:

Potato chips.
    Black licorice.
    Carrot cake.
    Homemade bread and butter.
    Gummy bears.
    Bean burritos.
    Pizza.
  • Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Nacho Cheese Doritos. I can budget calories to eat a large ice-cream cone; or a bunch of bread at Outback; or other desserts; or chips and dip; and on and on. But, since starting my journey in February, I have not even tasted a Nacho Cheese Dorito because, well, because they are like crack!
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Pizza. If my husband gets one, I can take a slice or two and leave the rest for him. But I absolutely cannot get my own or it will be gone.

Ice cream. I will get the smallest size available if I really want it. For summer I tend to keep popsicles instead since I won't overeat them if I want something cold and sweet.

Chinese food. I love chinese food, but I will finish eating whatever I got instead of stopping when I'm full and saving the rest for later.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Jenpiddles wrote: »
    My mom's homemade chocolate fudge.

She gave me a 9"x13" pan last Thanksgiving, and I ate the whole thing in 3 days. :s

Oh, yeah! I forgot my mom's homemade peanut butter fudge. Good thing that only happens at Christmas! I eat it until I'm sick, and then eat some more.
  • Lakedreamerlady
    Lakedreamerlady Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Haagan Dazs Vanilla Swiss Almond Ice-cream 1200 calories per container, which I can eat quite happily in one sitting...It's not fair to create something so lovely and have it add so much to my thighs
  • WynterDreaming
    WynterDreaming Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Mac and Cheese
    Pizza
    Mom's Lasagna (I'm very particular about my sauces)
    Fudge

Thankfully the only thing I'm tempted by on a regular basis is Mac and Cheese. Everything else is situational and then I can have a bit of an indulgence.
  • NancyCaz61
    NancyCaz61 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh, just too many to list! :p
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Pizza
    Talenti Belgian chocolate gelato
    ripple potato chips and sour cream/onion dip
    cheddar cheese
    milk chocolate

In my college cafeteria when it was chips and dip day, they just had bins of chips and dip and you could take whatever you wanted. I would cover my plate with chips, and then get a soup bowl and fill it with dip. Luckily at the time I was running and swimming and walking everywhere, so it didn't really matter.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    pasta
    cheese
    nachos