Apetamin for weight gain

Options

Replies

• stowns30
    stowns30 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    This is AGAIN about Apetamin so my fellow Apetamin folk Stay Motivated!!!! Lol ***TOP***
  • stowns30
    Options
    stowns30 wrote: »
    Just one more thing about corsets because no one said this. They appear to make the waist smaller because it does cinch the waist in and redistributes the contents of your waist above and below the corset (including the positioning of internal organs). Some people get really into this and can cause permanent changes. Most people just wear them occasionally for fashion and performance. Occasional use will not cause harm.

Exactly

You're talking about steel boned waist training corsets there. A bit of elastic, like the OP purchased, does little other than make you sweat under it, it's basically just shapewear.

Lol Hilarious

Hilariously true. I've studied historical costume and costume making, including corsetry. There is absolutely no comparison to be made between steel boned corsets, plastic boned corsets (commonly used in costume for comfort reasons) and elastic "waist trainers" touted by the Kardashians. Even with steel boned waist training corsets you'd have to tightlace for years for it to make a change to your genetically determined shape and you'd have to continue to tightlace for that change to be there permanently, once you stop your body returns to "normal" over a period.

Ain't no piece of glorified elastic going to do the same thing other than maybe offer too much support and atrophy the muscles slightly by wearing it working out. Which ironically would cause a softening of the area, not the tightening one desires.

But you go ahead with your ignorance and thinking you know better than everyone else. This is more for the lurkers.

Girl no one cares I didn't even ready your book u just wrote GOODBYE

*read*
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Just one more thing about corsets because no one said this. They appear to make the waist smaller because it does cinch the waist in and redistributes the contents of your waist above and below the corset (including the positioning of internal organs). Some people get really into this and can cause permanent changes. Most people just wear them occasionally for fashion and performance. Occasional use will not cause harm.

Exactly

You're talking about steel boned waist training corsets there. A bit of elastic, like the OP purchased, does little other than make you sweat under it, it's basically just shapewear.

Lol Hilarious

Hilariously true. I've studied historical costume and costume making, including corsetry. There is absolutely no comparison to be made between steel boned corsets, plastic boned corsets (commonly used in costume for comfort reasons) and elastic "waist trainers" touted by the Kardashians. Even with steel boned waist training corsets you'd have to tightlace for years for it to make a change to your genetically determined shape and you'd have to continue to tightlace for that change to be there permanently, once you stop your body returns to "normal" over a period.

Ain't no piece of glorified elastic going to do the same thing other than maybe offer too much support and atrophy the muscles slightly by wearing it working out. Which ironically would cause a softening of the area, not the tightening one desires.

But you go ahead with your ignorance and thinking you know better than everyone else. This is more for the lurkers.

Great info. Thanks for sharing. Yeah, I should have said that even if a corset causes "permanent" change it's only because of wearing it all the time for years and years and only because they continue to wear it. It's a rare thing. Like something a person would hold a world record for. Like people who grow their nails long. And it's not an ideal situation for the body.

I guess this other waist trainer is maybe like a girdle.

I tried wearing a corset. But, I dance a lot. And even a little dancing and it causes bruising on one spot. So, I don't tighten it. I guess either it's not for me. Or definitely can't be dancing while wearing it. Or I need a different one. Or maybe one that is for a shorter torso. So, it won't be hitting on the bone where it bruises. Or I can try something like a corset that has the style, but is more flexible. But, probably best to just accept that I like to dance and my torso needs to be free. Just like I stopped wearing high heels too.

Good corsets are expensive and custom made. You need to "season" them whereby you wear them for short periods over a number of days/weeks. Like breaking in a good pair of leather shoes. They get more comfortable the more you wear them. It also depends how many inches down from natural you are cinching. But there's nothing inherently unhealthy about cinching a few inches down from your natural waist if you do it properly and are careful to maintain core/lower back condition when out of the corset. Those scary illustrations of organs moving etc were actually just what someone thought was happening but not based in medical truth. There are some very famous tightlacers though and no doubt there's goings on with their bodies that are less than ideal but they are at the extreme end of what is essentially a fetish for them (one is a gentleman corset maker, what he does is remarkable, both in what makes and what he does to his body).

The alternative for a corseted look but more comfort is the plastic boned "fashion" corsets, the same boning I mentioned for costuming. They are a lot more comfortable and flexible to wear for the casual wearer who has no desire to commit to the expense or time wearing the real deal takes.

And yes, the modern elastic "waist trainers" are pretty much identical to girdles, though more waspies really as they are only on the waist area (where a girdle would come down across the hips) but the construction and materials are very similar. Hooks and eyes, zippers and powermesh.

Though this is somewhat off topic so won't post again. But it's good to pass on a little info and dispel some myths.
  • stowns30
    Options
    I think of them like high heel shoes. A fashion item that can cause harm if not used responsibly.

Hey Hun... This forum is about Apetamin. A couple of ppl mentioned that they used a waist trainer (female) and a waist belt (male) and I decided to buy one and try it out. That's it and that's all. It worked for them. I honestly haven't used mine enough to notice if it works for me or not; however I am not going to waste time trying to tell someone that what they say works for them does not. It's just NOT what I do. The ones of us here that you see sharing our progress and thoughts on APETAMIN is all that really matters here. Thanks for your input tho... I can only tell u what I truthfully experience. What works for some may not work for others as simple as that. Some ppl are just here commenting to comment. It's truthfully irrelevant. Lol... Are you on a weight gain journey as well? If so what are you doing to gain?

• stowns30
    Options

Exactly

Lol Hilarious

Well the 1 like and 5 Awesomes tells me some people did read and did care.

You don't get to dictate who replies to your thread on a public forum, so you can say bye all you want but I'm not necessarily going to leave.

Here I'll give u a like .... Lls BYE GIRL
  • stowns30
    Options

Exactly

Lol Hilarious

Well the 1 like and 5 Awesomes tells me some people did read and did care.

You don't get to dictate who replies to your thread on a public forum, so you can say bye all you want but I'm not necessarily going to leave.

Here I'll give u a like .... Lls BYE GIRL

You don't have to leave.... FAN
    lol #carry on now

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I think of them like high heel shoes. A fashion item that can cause harm if not used responsibly.

Hey Hun... This forum is about Apetamin. A couple of ppl mentioned that they used a waist trainer (female) and a waist belt (male) and I decided to buy one and try it out. That's it and that's all. It worked for them. I honestly haven't used mine enough to notice if it works for me or not; however I am not going to waste time trying to tell someone that what they say works for them does not. It's just NOT what I do. The ones of us here that you see sharing our progress and thoughts on APETAMIN is all that really matters here. Thanks for your input tho... I can only tell u what I truthfully experience. What works for some may not work for others as simple as that. Some ppl are just here commenting to comment. It's truthfully irrelevant. Lol... Are you on a weight gain journey as well? If so what are you doing to gain?

Sorry for going off topic. It does happen sometimes in the forums when a topic comes up. But, I understand it's gone further off the original topic. Yes, I was trying to gain weight. Because I was underweight. But, I reached my goal weight. But, my goal weight is still considerably lower than what you would want, so I am probably not going to be much help. Additionally my weight loss was from medical issues. And for me I had malabsorption. So, the more I ate, the more I lost because I couldn't digest the food. So, I needed to keep a food diary, track symptoms, and stop eating the foods that caused the symptoms. Then on a diet that worked for me I was able to gain weight normally again. But, I have to be on a specific diet. This is off topic as well. I am just answering your question. Now, I do want to gain some muscle because the malabsorption led to muscle loss for me. So, I do Strong Curves by Bret Contreras. Strength training. It's a good program! Actually you might like it!
  • stowns30
    Options

Sorry for going off topic. It does happen sometimes in the forums when a topic comes up. But, I understand it's gone further off the original topic. Yes, I was trying to gain weight. Because I was underweight. But, I reached my goal weight. But, my goal weight is still considerably lower than what you would want, so I am probably not going to be much help. Additionally my weight loss was from medical issues. And for me I had malabsorption. So, the more I ate, the more I lost because I couldn't digest the food. So, I needed to keep a food diary, track symptoms, and stop eating the foods that caused the symptoms. Then on a diet that worked for me I was able to gain weight normally again. But, I have to be on a specific diet. This is off topic as well. I am just answering your question. Now, I do want to gain some muscle because the malabsorption led to muscle loss for me. So, I do Strong Curves by Bret Contreras strength training. It's a good program! Actually you might like it!

I may have to look into that... Sounds interesting
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    @VintageFeline Thanks for the info. Very interesting and helpful. Though, I know it's veering off of the topic
  • stowns30
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    This is AGAIN about Apetamin so my fellow Apetamin folk Stay Motivated!!!! Lol ***TOP***

again, you don't need it for weight gain...you just need a surplus of calories...

Okay I hear ya... I'm telling u without this stuff it was hard as hell for me. I can't take it forever tho so I'm hoping once I get there my body will be use to taking in more food. Honestly I'm noticing that I don't need to take it as much without getting the urge to eat so hopefully I'll be all good. I'll see ....
  • stowns30
    Options
    Plus, you won't have to eat above maintenance anymore once you reach your goal. Even though maintenance will be higher than it was originally, you will have been adapting to a higher consumption for a period of time. Hopefully you won't need the apetamin at that point because you will have adjusted to new eating habits.

Girl I sure hope so... Smh it's ruff
  • stowns30
    Options
    Good snack with 120 calories in between meals... Try it if you haven't already you may like them. They have variety of course but this is a fav or mine.

ex88jykxk3q9.jpg
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    the fiber one gummies are pretty good too
  • stowns30
    Options
    I'll have to try those next, thanks
  • stowns30
    Options
    Just so it's clear ... This forum is about Apetamin for weight gain and ppl trying to gain weight. We aren't here to break one another down for feeling good about their choice in the journey. Nor are we here to force anyone to believe that what they are doing is wrong. I'm just happy to support ppl in the journey along the way. Even if it's different from what I am doing. I support u and hope that u gain the weight u are looking to gain. BLESSINGS TO MY FELLOW WEIGHT GAINERS!!
  • stowns30
    Options
    Met my calorie target today... And I haven't even taken my Apetamin but once because I was so busy. I'm not going to lie tho.. It was hard because the hunger crave i get from taking it wasn't there like it is taking it just yet. I barely made it and I do mean barely. Lol