GOT: Why do people hate Sansa?

Options
123457»

Replies

• mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    And the reason I phrased it the way I did was so as not to give away any more spoilers to others who haven't gotten that far yet (or seen any further in the series). . .

I tried to phrase it as my feels were when it happened, not knowing what I know now that happens after. . . does that make sense?
  • errorika
    errorika Posts: 89 Member
    Options

Catelyn annoys me.

Let's just say there was a happy dance in my household after the red wedding. Every time I got to a Catelyn chapter I put the book down. "Oh poor me, they took my husband waah waaah waah. What will I ever do without my Ned. I can't cry, I have to be strong blah blah blah blah" Ugh, she's the worst.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    And the reason I phrased it the way I did was so as not to give away any more spoilers to others who haven't gotten that far yet (or seen any further in the series). . .

I tried to phrase it as my feels were when it happened, not knowing what I know now that happens after. . . does that make sense?

Yes. lol I wasn't sure.

Error -- My issue with her is more that she's careless and acts on emotion too much. The way she took Tyrion just wasn't right.
  • Phil185
    Phil185 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm not patting myself on the back, but I actually totally saw the Red Wedding coming. I had read and watched some interviews with GRRM where he said that he hates predictable plotlines (because of his love for The Twilight Zone or something) so that means it's pretty easy to see that anything that's predictable probably won't happen.

And people totally shouldn't hate Sansa. I think it's mainly because she's never done anything to get out of her situation. That's a little annoying. She does kind of seem like a setup for the whole (First book/season spoilers) beheading thing. Come to think of it, she's a pretty ragdoll.

The more and more I write this, the more I hate Sansa. It's just that she hasn't done anything. At least Daenerys has a clear goal. Sansa's just all over the place, hoping to get married to someone who isn't a ****, I guess.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm not patting myself on the back, but I actually totally saw the Red Wedding coming. I had read and watched some interviews with GRRM where he said that he hates predictable plotlines (because of his love for The Twilight Zone or something) so that means it's pretty easy to see that anything that's predictable probably won't happen.

And people totally shouldn't hate Sansa. I think it's mainly because she's never done anything to get out of her situation. That's a little annoying. She does kind of seem like a setup for the whole (First book/season spoilers) beheading thing. Come to think of it, she's a pretty ragdoll.

The more and more I write this, the more I hate Sansa. It's just that she hasn't done anything. At least Daenerys has a clear goal. Sansa's just all over the place, hoping to get married to someone who isn't a ****, I guess.
    I created a Sansa hater! Oh no! lol

Dany was far less sheltered and I think her brother's harsh treatment probably made hre tougher than Sansa, who was always pampered and has the kind of personality that doesn't even know how to fight. And she's just surrounded by people who want her dead. Dany is surrounded by people who want to keep her alive and help her.

I wouldn't say the books are predictable, but he gives a lot of clues to future revelations. Whether I'm interpreting them correctly is yet to be seen.