July (2016) Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @Elise4270 @skippygirlsmom Thanks!

@greenolivetree @skippygirlsmom I have a love/hate relationship with my scale and until this morning, I had her in the corner until she apologized to me. She finally did this morning. :wink: I'm at my lowest in 2 years... 3 more lbs to go, and I'll be in one-derland again! :smiley:
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @tattooeddolphingirl78 yoohoo!

For those of you looking for a headband I happened across this little gem at the local Academy over the weekend. I wore it this morning and it was great, didn't move at all during the run, stopped the sweat from running into my eyes and then I got home wet it and did the snap thing they recommend and honestly it got cold. I put it back on my head to walk Macy. Love!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F6R5ZXI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Ericsmi
    Ericsmi Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    7/10 - 4.05 mi
    Monthly Total = 4.05 mi
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Trying to decide the best way to add mileage to my non-Long Run running so I can get the miles in to keep a 13-14 mile long run under 35% total weekly mileage. Current planed schedule looks like this:

Monday: Rest
    Tuesday: Easy run 6-9 miles
    Wednesday: 5 Easy miles
    Thursday Stamina (TI, CI, TR) or speed work
    Friday: Rest
    Sat: Long run
    Sun: Easy 4-5 miles

I'll be starting my training for mt Sept HM next week, so I'm hoping to get a 14 miler in somewhere around week 6-7 of the 10 week cycle.
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom I'll have to check out the headband. I always use clips to hold my headbands on because I've had them fly off and had to retrace my steps :-p I have one of the enduracool towels that I'll take with me to wipe off if I drive somewhere to run.

@TattooedDolphinGirl78 That's great! I'm at the top of my weight range and need to get back in the middle.
  • 5512bf
    5512bf Posts: 389 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn

To get to that 40-45 mile per week with 2 rest days you'll need to probably need get to a 10 mile midweek run.

M - Rest
    T - 10 Aerobic
    W - 5 Easy
    Th - 2 WU - 4 interval - 2 CD
    F - Rest
    S - 14
    SUN - 5 Recovery

This scenario give you 42 w/ 14 @ 33% being long. When designing a schedule you want to avoid back to back hard workouts. Personally I like to run long on Sunday with a easy/recovery run on Sat to get the blood moving. You obviously want to build up to that 10 mile mid week run. An 8 mile interval session keeps you under the 20% for hard workouts as well.
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    My planned 3 mile lunch run felt great so I squeezed in an extra mile. That should put me at 7 miles for today assuming my 3 mile post-work run goes well!

exercise.png
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @5512bf thanks! that's pretty close to what I was thinking. My other thought was to add a run on Friday. I always do sat Long Runs because family commitments on Sunday don't allow for the 2 hours + I need for long runs.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options

@stoshew71 I don't think you would know this guy, he is just very low key I never see him at any races around, always runs alone. He lives near me so I've seen him running in the hood once or twice but usually at Indian Creek Greenway. I know you don't really run the greenway itself much. He's about 5'5", mid 50s, Asian and is always sweating to the point of his clothes dripping. He's not the type of runner that makes you stand up and take notice, he just moves along about his business. The first time we met he was training for a full in Utah or somewhere, it was another guy who told me he has run marathons in every state. He told Skip his PR is 3:39 or 36 but "I was younger then" ha ha super nice guy. I've been to Wheeler before but never run there.

I incorporate the greenway a lot of times into my Saturday LR. But I usually start very early in the morning. I am probably done by the time you guys get out on the greenway.

We have this young kid (like in his 20's) that goes up and down the greenway early in the morning and just stays focused. You run by him and he just looks ahead, emotion less with like deep in concentration. He usually won't acknowledge your presense. We say hi to him or wave and he just goes on right by. People that know him says that he doesn't say much at all. So we made it a game to see who can knock him off his train of thought. So one day I just said, "HI!" as loud as I could as we went by him and he quickly looked at me and then went his way. lol

That was my first time to Wheeler.
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    @5512bf and @WhatMeRunning - Thank you for clarifying that. Every time I think I have a handle on running terms I read something else and realize "Nope still clueless ".
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »

@stoshew71 I don't think you would know this guy, he is just very low key I never see him at any races around, always runs alone. He lives near me so I've seen him running in the hood once or twice but usually at Indian Creek Greenway. I know you don't really run the greenway itself much. He's about 5'5", mid 50s, Asian and is always sweating to the point of his clothes dripping. He's not the type of runner that makes you stand up and take notice, he just moves along about his business. The first time we met he was training for a full in Utah or somewhere, it was another guy who told me he has run marathons in every state. He told Skip his PR is 3:39 or 36 but "I was younger then" ha ha super nice guy. I've been to Wheeler before but never run there.

I incorporate the greenway a lot of times into my Saturday LR. But I usually start very early in the morning. I am probably done by the time you guys get out on the greenway.

We have this young kid (like in his 20's) that goes up and down the greenway early in the morning and just stays focused. You run by him and he just looks ahead, emotion less with like deep in concentration. He usually won't acknowledge your presense. We say hi to him or wave and he just goes on right by. People that know him says that he doesn't say much at all. So we made it a game to see who can knock him off his train of thought. So one day I just said, "HI!" as loud as I could as we went by him and he quickly looked at me and then went his way. lol

That was my first time to Wheeler.

@Stoshew71 I know the young kid you are talking about. Skip just shakes her head at him. We usually are not at the greenway before 7.
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    Update on the Tesla: we got the license plate right and the police got a hit and filed a report that a few people contributed to. An officer is going to have a chat with the owner today. Hopefully this makes him realize he can't use his car as a means of menace anymore!

And @skippygirlsmom I love my iPod shuffle. You can make playlists, put on podcasts, and it clips to your shorts without a hassle (no touch screen!). Only downside: I don't think it will work with cordless headphones bc no Bluetooth (I think). But I just put my headphone cords up through my shirt so they don't bounce and it's no bother!

@kristinegift. I was looking at the shuffle. Thanks. Yeah let's hope it solves the Telsa problem.