Anxiety

Options

Replies

• Antd420
    Antd420 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I did a 4 year bit in prison, got out 6 yrs ago and have had anxiety, depression, and sometimes extreme anger. Currently on Prozac, Klonopin, and Ambien. I feel fine most days, I noticed if I miss a workout it throws me off. Meds do work for some people, Marijuana is also a really good medication for depression and anxiety.
  • jaelynsmith
    jaelynsmith Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    pie_eyes wrote: »
    Yes

<3<3 thank you for answering and being honest. Not many people like to talk about BDD... I just barely started telling people and they don't believe me.
  • jaelynsmith
    Options
    Listen, OP, medication does work. Just take it as prescribed. Medicine is for everyone. We are not in neanderthal times.

Man made medicine is not for everyone <3
  • jaelynsmith
    Options
    When my mom and my wife are under the same roof, I get depressed too.

That's just annoyance
  • jaelynsmith
    Options
    I have taken antidepressants before when my anxiety gets very bad. I'm now off meds and try to manage my symptoms with regular exercise - especially brisk walks along the seafront. I also sing in a choir which is a great boost for my mood and helps regulate breathing.

Singing always helps me too <3 I go out and sing karaoke at least once a month to recharge <3
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    Listen, OP, medication does work. Just take it as prescribed. Medicine is for everyone. We are not in neanderthal times.

Man made medicine is not for everyone <3

natural medicine works best for me
  • jaelynsmith
    Options
    I have taken antidepressants before when my anxiety gets very bad. I'm now off meds and try to manage my symptoms with regular exercise - especially brisk walks along the seafront. I also sing in a choir which is a great boost for my mood and helps regulate breathing.

Singing helps me too! <3 I go out to sing karaoke at least once a month. It helps me recharge <3
  • jaelynsmith
    Options
    Antd420 wrote: »
    I did a 4 year bit in prison, got out 6 yrs ago and have had anxiety, depression, and sometimes extreme anger. Currently on Prozac, Klonopin, and Ambien. I feel fine most days, I noticed if I miss a workout it throws me off. Meds do work for some people, Marijuana is also a really good medication for depression and anxiety.

PTSD? Maybe? I'm glad you're out of there and bettering your life <3
    If Maryjane was legal here, I would eat Brownies, for sure. But losing my children isn't worth it <3
  • jaelynsmith
    Options
    Feel free to add me, everyone <3
  • Annamarie3404
    Annamarie3404 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Medication?

What kind of medication?
  • MelkaBielka
    MelkaBielka Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    anxiety sufferer here, and when it's bad working out isn't my issue. Eating is. I eat my stress. I eat my feelings. When i have a high stress day i talk to a lot of junk food, or just a lot of food in general. doesn't even matter what kind, how tasty, i just want to eat. Most days are okay, some days are not. I am currently medicated (low dosage), and try to keep my stress levels low, but bad days happen to us all. Mostly, i think forgiveness is important. Tomorrow is another day to try again and be better. If anyone here has tips for binge eating management, i am all ears. I could really use some helpful tips as well
  • Annamarie3404
    Annamarie3404 Posts: 319 Member
    Options

EXACTLY! Cannabis works very well for anxiety and depression.
  • jaelynsmith
    Options
    anxiety sufferer here, and when it's bad working out isn't my issue. Eating is. I eat my stress. I eat my feelings. When i have a high stress day i talk to a lot of junk food, or just a lot of food in general. doesn't even matter what kind, how tasty, i just want to eat. Most days are okay, some days are not. I am currently medicated (low dosage), and try to keep my stress levels low, but bad days happen to us all. Mostly, i think forgiveness is important. Tomorrow is another day to try again and be better. If anyone here has tips for binge eating management, i am all ears. I could really use some helpful tips as well

This is me, as well. <3
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options

Medicine just doesn't help everyone. Especially if you get some of the side effects.

Though not for the reason were talking about on hear, I was on adderall. It worked wonders for my brother, prescribed for the same reason. Although it treated my problem it caused my emotions to be all over the place for about a month. After that it settled on rage. I was angry all the time. I wanted to hit people just for talking to me, even my best friends.
    What I didn't realize while I was taking it it also caused me to hear voices. It sounded like someone calling my name and I could never figure out who it was and what the he'll they wanted.

I am pro doctor and medicine. But it just doesn't help everyone. Or at least doesn't help enough to make the side effects worth it for some people.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

This really depends on the strain. Some strains can actually raise your heart rate and make anxiety worse. Indicas are the most helpful, but unless you can go to a dispensary and get it legally, you have no idea what you're getting.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Let's talk about anxiety and depression and how it affects our goals. Anyone else struggle with this? <3

I would talk about it but I get anxious and depressed when I do!

J/K - Been vocal about it in many thread on MFP having dealt with this myself for years. Suffice to say, never had to medicate, but use moderated, better eating and exercise to keep things balanced.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    struggled with this for 15 years

i hate it , i hate prescription meds for it even more

sometimes i do not even want to breathe
  • jaelynsmith
    Options
    Rottified wrote: »

Medicine just doesn't help everyone. Especially if you get some of the side effects.

Though not for the reason were talking about on hear, I was on adderall. It worked wonders for my brother, prescribed for the same reason. Although it treated my problem it caused my emotions to be all over the place for about a month. After that it settled on rage. I was angry all the time. I wanted to hit people just for talking to me, even my best friends.
    What I didn't realize while I was taking it it also caused me to hear voices. It sounded like someone calling my name and I could never figure out who it was and what the he'll they wanted.

I am pro doctor and medicine. But it just doesn't help everyone. Or at least doesn't help enough to make the side effects worth it for some people.

Oh wow! Scary!!
  • jaelynsmith
    Options

This really depends on the strain. Some strains can actually raise your heart rate and make anxiety worse. Indicas are the most helpful, but unless you can go to a dispensary and get it legally, you have no idea what you're getting.

Yes, this!