Is it even possible for ANYONE to be a size 0/1?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I really wish they would 'regulate' women's clothing sizes in the US. I've got jeans that span two and a half decades and I can pull out four different sized pairs that fit me almost identically since they keep changing what measurement equals which size. I'd love to go by measurements and be able to order online. A made up number doesn't change my physical size. I hate vanity sizing.

Yeah, I would never buy clothes online. Who the hell knows what size you'll end up with. Even dhoe sizes differ from company to company.

I bought some capris in a store that fit, bought another pair online from the same company in a slightly different style of capri but the same size, and had to lose 30 pounds before they fit!

Repeat - same size, same brand, slightly different design, 30 pounds difference.

Yeah I bought some shorts from the same company the SAME year and some are a bit loose and some are a bit tight. It makes no sense whatsoever.

And OP, yeah it depends on your genes. Let's say that with my 34 inches ribcage (I could *maybe* lose one inch there if I went down to 18% body fat or something) and 38 inches shoulders, it's probably never happening (waist is not better).
  • sonia9240
    sonia9240 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Sonia, nice to meet u.. Well how much u weigh. How tall are u? Well was a size 9 before now I'm a size 2 now I'm 35 & 5'3
  • VividVegan
    VividVegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    For those of you ladies who are also size 0 (or under), I'm curious as to what your measurements are? Because I'm a 0 (close to 00) and mine are 32-23-34. Just wondering if there's similar/common measurements for these small sizes. And what height and weight are you? I'm 5'6 and 125.
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Man, people aspire to some weird *kitten*
    If you're talking about me, where does it say I aspire to be a size 0? I was just asking if it's possible for everyone lol
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    debrag12 wrote: »
    Depends what country an American size 0 is a UK size 4 so a UK size 0 is an American size -4. I don't generally like the 'size 0' look.

There's no size 0 in the uk

So is a 4 the lowest we go? I hear/read UK teens wanting to be a size 0, I just thought they were talking about our sizes. Plus I was just converting the sizes. See I learn something new everyday.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Depends what country an American size 0 is a UK size 4 so a UK size 0 is an American size -4. I don't generally like the 'size 0' look.

So is a 4 the lowest we go? I hear/read UK teens wanting to be a size 0, I just thought they were talking about our sizes. See I learn something new everyday.

I don't think I have ever seen any size 2 or 0 in shops.

They can still want to be a US 0, it's a 4 in UK shops which I have occasionally seen.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options

So is a 4 the lowest we go? I hear/read UK teens wanting to be a size 0, I just thought they were talking about our sizes. See I learn something new everyday.

I don't think I have ever seen any size 2 or 0 in shops.

They can still want to be a US 0, it's a 4 in UK shops which I have occasionally seen.

Yes size 4 is on sale here. I *think* as the sizes are 4 sizes different then we don't go below a 4 or does an American 00 equal UK 2?

And we only have 'even' sizes here no 'odd's ;)

• snerggly
    snerggly Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I was a size 0 once, then I was born and haven't been that size since... LOL! :D
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    FeedMeFish wrote: »
    For those of you ladies who are also size 0 (or under), I'm curious as to what your measurements are? Because I'm a 0 (close to 00) and mine are 32-23-34. Just wondering if there's similar/common measurements for these small sizes. And what height and weight are you? I'm 5'6 and 125.

Approx 31, 24.25, 34.5. 5'3", 109 pounds.

Also, as a sidenote, not everyone aspires to be a size 0. It certainly wasn't in my plans, I was just built this way. American sizing is what's "weird" to be honest.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    nope I was never a sz 0/1 and I know I never will be. my hips and butt have always been large. even when I was 110 lbs at age 11(I was 5'5) I was a size 5. but most sizes now are vanity sizes and I wear anything from a size 6 in womens in some things to a 8-10 in others. my waist is almost the same size it was back then except for an extra inch. even if I lose the rest of the weight I need to I know that I will never be a sz 0/1 and Im fine with that.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think you may have to be a really petite person to be a size 0. I am 5'9" and my lowest size was a 4 (135lb). It was a huge struggle to maintain that weight (clearly LOL).
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Shana67 wrote: »
    Honestly, I think you may have to be a really petite person to be a size 0. I am 5'9" and my lowest size was a 4 (135lb). It was a huge struggle to maintain that weight (clearly LOL).

I think that's a good point. My taller friend who is size 0 is not remotely healthy and sustains her weight on around 800 calories a day. Her hair is dull and brittle, her nails are short because she can't grow them out, and her skin is super dry and pale. It is very obvious looking at her that she suffers from nutritional deficiencies but would rather be skinny than healthy. On the other hand I am a size zero when I am eight pounds lighter, but I am significantly shorter than she is and it puts my BMI at around 19.5.

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    At 5'2", even when I was 105lb, I was only ever a size 3/4, it's just my shape. It was never something I aspired to though.
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    synacious wrote: »

Also, as a sidenote, not everyone aspires to be a size 0. It certainly wasn't in my plans, I was just built this way. American sizing is what's "weird" to be honest.

Goodness. I wear a size 0. Really shows how different measurements can vary, even with sizes.

I'm 33, 27.5, 32. 5'4.5 and ~130 lb. I suppose if I wore very high waisted pants, I'd likely have to buy a 2 or something. My waist is large compared to others. :neutral: All my jeans sit on my hips though so my jeans are size 0s.

I guess I'm a banana/ruler body type. :-(
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Shana67 wrote: »

I'm 5'9" too, and I was a size 6 at 128. Currently I'm 145 (21.4 BMI) and I can't get my size 8 shorts over my hips.

I was only half joking earlier about my skeleton not fitting into a 0.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I really wish they would 'regulate' women's clothing sizes in the US. I've got jeans that span two and a half decades and I can pull out four different sized pairs that fit me almost identically since they keep changing what measurement equals which size. I'd love to go by measurements and be able to order online. A made up number doesn't change my physical size. I hate vanity sizing.

Yeah, I would never buy clothes online. Who the hell knows what size you'll end up with. Even dhoe sizes differ from company to company.

I bought some capris in a store that fit, bought another pair online from the same company in a slightly different style of capri but the same size, and had to lose 30 pounds before they fit!

Repeat - same size, same brand, slightly different design, 30 pounds difference.

Same here, only I bought the exact same style of pants...both US size 12, same brand. One I bought from a department store, and the 2nd pair I bought from a thrift shop. When I saw the 2nd pair at the thrift shop, I didn't bother trying them on since the other pair I had fit perfectly. Big mistake. The first pair is now too lose on me (I'm US 10 now), and the 2nd pair is still almost too tight to wear. It's so irritating. Thanks to vanity sizing, I tell people I'm a size 6-16 these days.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Goodness. I wear a size 0. Really shows how different measurements can vary, even with sizes.

I'm 33, 27.5, 32. 5'4.5 and ~130 lb. I suppose if I wore very high waisted pants, I'd likely have to buy a 2 or something. My waist is large compared to others. :neutral: All my jeans sit on my hips though so my jeans are size 0s.

I can't wear a size 0. Not sure I'll ever be able to (I'm okay with that). I'm 36, 26, 36.5 (my hip measurement has gone up slightly since starting strong curves). 5'4.5 and 125.4 lbs. All my shorts and jeans are 2-4 or juniors 5-7. I wouldn't be surprised if I have to wear a 6 in some brands.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    At 19 your body is still changing and will continue to change for a few more years. After that, it will continue to change for the rest of your life!
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Options

I can't wear a size 0. Not sure I'll ever be able to (I'm okay with that). I'm 36, 26, 36.5 (my hip measurement has gone up slightly since starting strong curves). 5'4.5 and 125.4 lbs. All my shorts and jeans are 2-4 or juniors 5-7. I wouldn't be surprised if I have to wear a 6 in some brands.

Oh my goodness. To be honest, I'd love to have those measurements. I've always kind of wished I had an hourglass figure!