Is it even possible for ANYONE to be a size 0/1?

Options
st476
st476 Posts: 357 Member
This might be a stupid question but is it possible to every person to get down to a very low size such as 0 or 1? (Obviously not counting those with medical conditions or anything like that).
Last time I was a size 1 was 4 years ago when I was only 12 pounds lighter. Right now I'm a size 6 (same height). I'm starting to feel like there's no way I'm even capable of getting back into a size 1 because of my bone structure changing as I've gotten older. Is that possible?

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    How old are you?

Women's bodies continue to change as they get older.
  • st476
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    How old are you?

• lizzyluvs_life
    lizzyluvs_life Posts: 108 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    My daughter is 16 and she is that size. No medical coition she is just built tiny.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    And no, I don't think everyone can be a size 0/1. Even at my leanest - right before I competed in a figure competition, I wasn't smaller than a size 8 pant. Even though I was pretty lean (not pro bodybuilder lean though) I could probably have lost a bit more fat and maybe gone down a size but I still could never be a size 0/1 without losing muscle mass.
  • st476
    Options
    How old are you?

18 according to profile.

So you are correct in thinking that you may not be capable of getting back to the size you were when you were 14 years old. Your body has almost definitely changed since then.
    I'm 19, I put a random date when making my account. But okay, that makes sense. I didn't want to have unrealistic expectations to be a size one when I lose the 12 pounds, thanks!

• 3dogsrunning
    Options
    st476 wrote: »
    How old are you?

18 according to profile.

So you are correct in thinking that you may not be capable of getting back to the size you were when you were 14 years old. Your body has almost definitely changed since then.
    I'm 19, I put a random date when making my account. But okay, that makes sense. I didn't want to have unrealistic expectations to be a size one when I lose the 12 pounds, thanks!

I wouldn't even be aiming to lose the 12 lbs. You are still trying to weigh what you did when you were 15. Again, your body has gone through changes in the time frame.

Is there a reason you want to lose 12 lbs other than that's what you used to weigh?
  • st476
    Options
    How old are you?

18 according to profile.

I wouldn't even be aiming to lose the 12 lbs. You are still trying to weigh what you did when you were 15. Again, your body has gone through changes in the time frame.

Is there a reason you want to lose 12 lbs other than that's what you used to weigh?
    I'm not exactly trying to weigh what I did back then but I just know I liked how I looked then better which is why I made it my goal weight. I'm just not happy with myself now. I'm 5'4 and 133 pounds, and being 120 would still keep me in the normal BMI range.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    There are absolutely women who can maintain at a US size 0, I know quite a few. They are generally super narrowly built or have Asian ancestry, but they're gorgeous 0's. Personally I don't think my body would ever go that low but that doesn't mean that other women can't possibly do it.
  • 3dogsrunning
    edited July 2016
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    There are absolutely women who can maintain at a US size 0, I know quite a few. They are generally super narrowly built or have Asian ancestry, but they're gorgeous 0's. Personally I don't think my body would ever go that low but that doesn't mean that other women can't possibly do it.

I agree with you but don't think she meant it that no one can do it. I think it was more can "everyone" do it. The title is a little confusing.
  • whatever_46
    whatever_46 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Your body changes based on age, weight gain/loss, pregnancy, hormones, ect. I was down to a size 1 at one point in my life but based on how my bones have shifted during pregnancy there is a chance they will never go back. I have gained some fat during my pregnancy but my small sizes go up to my hips and stop. I was wearing size 3-5 all the way up to 7 months and then my hips just lost it. Lol. I 100% believe there are just some people who will never be able to fit in those small sizes, but not for any bad reasons.
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    This is a genuine question, is size 0 even healthy?
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

I agree with you but don't think she meant it that no one can do it. I think it was more can "everyone" do it. The title is a little confusing.

That makes more sense, I was sat here thinking, "Well the fact that the size exists should answer this question." lol.
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    robs_ready wrote: »
    This is a genuine question, is size 0 even healthy?
    For some people it wouldn't be, but for other people, especially those people who are naturally are size 0, I don't see why it wouldn't be.

Oh okay thanks!
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options

That makes more sense, I was sat here thinking, "Well the fact that the size exists should answer this question." lol.

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I read the title. LOL
  • st476
    Options

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I read the title. LOL
    Sorry, probably should of worded it differently