Looking for geek friends. :)

Options

Replies

• LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't need to steal my parent's Atari controller because I had my own. I guess that makes me an old geek :)

Not old, experienced. :]
  • LassoOfTruth
    Options
    I'd rather spend my Friday nights curled up with my cat, Schmendrick (bonus points if you know where his name is from) watching a nature doc. than out with friends. I've seen every episode of Star Trek TNG and Voyager at least twice. I've also got an obsession with my Sims. I regularly quote lines from The Princess Bride. Does that count ? :) If you'd like to add me, please do.

magician??
  • dedicationandcommitment
    Options
    I'm a Naruto fanatic and I love Ouran High Host Club and Fruits Basket!!! I'm not too sure I would be classified "true nerd" I'm a former D1 athlete plus prom queen in high school but I'm very smart and in love with anime and I need glasses but I haven't got them yet!! But honestly I much rather be at home on Netflix or reading manga!!!

Oh yeah plus Sailor Moon with English subs!!!

SW:285
    CW:255
    GW:135-145

Please feel free to add me:):) I'm pretty cool people!!!
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Trekkie, Steampunk Enthusiast, Stargate maniac, Marvel fangirl and there's no happier place for me than a Con!

I actually told my hubby this week that I wanted to play D&D. My high school self is laughing her face off at 30 yrs old me but I'm happy.

Edited to add to my geek cred.
  • nyrina4life
    nyrina4life Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hello! I use to be a HUGE anime and manga fan until I had to part with my collection due to financial issues. But man, my room looked like a showroom at one point. I had it plastered with SailorMoon posters, wallscrolls, figures, and lots of other series. I even begged the bookstores for their cardboard displays and put my manga collection in them. Loved Fruits Basket (still do), Kare Kano, Bleach, Vampire Princess Miyu, Sailor Moon (I have loved that show since 1993).

I grew up watching a lot of cartoons, back when the weekend was full of GOOD stuff. Voltron, Thunder Cats, She-ra, He-Man, Care Bears, etc... =3

Still like manga, just don't own the volume I once did. I also love playing online games (FFXIV, WoW...) and reading. Big fan of Park Avenue (sad it go canned) and quite a few other shows.

Feel free to add.
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    If you are wondering of my geek status, please feel free to consult my customized pony avatar and my Doctor Who ticker. I also enjoy anime (Black Butler was great, and I just want Funimation to get the licensing rights to the second half of the D. Gray-man series so it can be dubbed). I am also a nerd, if that helps, and if you don't know the difference, then I pity you.
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    ahhh league of legends! lets be friends :) haha
  • SylvariH
    SylvariH Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Does helping to run sci-fi cons get me into the geek club? I remember when the only anime on tv was Starblzers, still have my red box D&D set, learned a few "travel phrases" in Klingon, started watching Dr. Who when it aired on PBS late night, honestly believe that Batman is not a superhero but a super human with great accessories (and will defend that point) , own the Babylon 5 comic books and my favorite form of exercise is geocaching.

It's nice to see so many other geeks here. Feel free to add me if you like. :)
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    I can't out-geek anyone here, but I do work for an organization that plays video games to raise money for charity. So that's cool.
  • ScousePatriot
    Options
    Comic book loving gamer right here, I suppose outside those and films, I'm not as geeky as some, but hey, nobody's perfect :smile:
  • allstatemom
    allstatemom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am a math geek married to a band geek. I have always hung out with geeks and nerds. In my most recent job change I started hanging out with the cool crowd. It lasted 5 years. They sucked the life out of me. I am back to hanging out with the geeks. What is so amazing is I was just I mean JUST talking to a fellow geek about it!

I love Netflix, Geometry books, and exercise videos. I'd love to be friends with fellow geeks!

PS I am not a bleeding heart liberal. I like to call myself TOLERANT!
  • NomadicFlame
    Options
    Any of the geeks on this thread want to add me then please do.

I first picked up D&D basic and expert set in the 70's. Had no clue what it was. I still remember my brother running away from the 2 stirges that first attacked him... and then did the same with the skeletons...that was a lifetime ago... almost literally.

Currently considering going to the LA convention next year as Hawkeye...considering...
  • LassoOfTruth
    Options
    Trekkie, Steampunk Enthusiast, Stargate maniac, Marvel fangirl and there's no happier place for me than a Con!

I actually told my hubby this week that I wanted to play D&D. My high school self is laughing her face off at 30 yrs old me but I'm happy.

Edited to add to my geek cred.

How do you feel about the new Star Trek movies?
  • pechepanda
    pechepanda Posts: 7,939 Member
    Options
    i love death note, if you like death note, you might like wallflower too, its pretty good, though ive only read the manga, im not sure if there even is an anime for it
  • LassoOfTruth
    Options
    If you are wondering of my geek status, please feel free to consult my customized pony avatar and my Doctor Who ticker. I also enjoy anime (Black Butler was great, and I just want Funimation to get the licensing rights to the second half of the D. Gray-man series so it can be dubbed). I am also a nerd, if that helps, and if you don't know the difference, then I pity you.

As soon as I saw your profile pic, I showed to my friend Paul. He's a Brony. :P
  • LassoOfTruth
    Options
    Some of you amazing friends are far geekier than I.

I bow down to your greatness, and hope to learn from you.

:]
  • NomadicFlame
    Options
    i love death note, if you like death note, you might like wallflower too, its pretty good, though ive only read the manga, im not sure if there even is an anime for it

Reminds me, I've not seen the second Death Note (lent it to my daughter)...must watch that!
  • meeshells
    meeshells Posts: 1
    Options
    Howdy!

I'm geeky in my Whovian way. I love watching new things and meeting new friends. Plus, having friends on here always makes me want to do better. :]

I'm Michelle. We can be buddies... I mean, if that's cool with you.
  • MOJOtheDUCK
    Options
    Loves me some Batman but really any superheroes. I loved them from my childhood. Had a "Rogue streak" in my hair. Just wanted every episode of "Young Hercules" on Hulu Plus. Also a proud fur-mommy with no intentions of skin babies (?)...real babies just seemed really offensive to my boy. Add me!
  • ohpretty
    ohpretty Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me <3 I'm more of a gamer kind of geek than anything else (especially PC games and more specifically, MMORPGs). I'd rather stay at home and play video games with my boyfriend than go out on a Friday night and I subscribe to Hulu Plus specifically for the Anime. :P