Grapefruit juice, apple cider vinegar and honey drink

Options

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Has anyone heard of the Grapefruit juice, ACV and honey tummy slimming drink? You drink one cup before each meal to help burn fat. Anyone have any experience with this? Does it aid in weightloss?

Nope, don't fall for that stuff. The only thing that causes weight loss is eating at a calorie deficit.
  • JosetteGetsFit
    JosetteGetsFit Posts: 55 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Yes the liver and kidneys flush toxins and food and fluid is required for that to happen. What college did you go to?
    mkakids wrote: »
    It does help flush fat and toxins from the liver. And yes, you do need a calorie deficit to lose weight.
    Grapefruit in itself stimulates the liver. Interactions of grapefruit juice and cardiovascular medications can be potentially dangerous. Other than that all of those ingredients have amazing health benefits. I use ACV, garlic and honey to get over strep throat without getting an RX. I also like to drink grapefruit before a meal because it makes digestion better.

They may have some health benefits, but it will not help you to lose weight quicker or burn fat. You need a calorie deficit for that.

Your liver and kidneys flush toxins.....drinks and juice do not.
    It does help flush fat and toxins from the liver. And yes, you do need a calorie deficit to lose weight.
    Grapefruit in itself stimulates the liver. Interactions of grapefruit juice and cardiovascular medications can be potentially dangerous. Other than that all of those ingredients have amazing health benefits. I use ACV, garlic and honey to get over strep throat without getting an RX. I also like to drink grapefruit before a meal because it makes digestion better.

They may have some health benefits, but it will not help you to lose weight quicker or burn fat. You need a calorie deficit for that.

Your liver and kidneys flush toxins.....drinks and juice do not.

• JosetteGetsFit
    Options
    The grapefruit will help.
  • SLLRunner
    Options

Will help what? :)
  • JosetteGetsFit
    Options
    Flush fat and toxins from the liver.
    SLLRunner wrote: »

• SLLRunner
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Flush fat and toxins from the liver.
    SLLRunner wrote: »

Water works better; fluid movement is required, and water has far fewer calories than grapefruit juice.

Yep. I hate grapefruit juice because it makes my tummy hurt.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

You look very familiar.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    BinaryFu wrote: »
    Hey, if they'll swallow that nonsense maybe you should just invite them over to watch Netflix and chill. >.>

Maybe those are the toxins they are cleansing. :laugh: