Grapefruit juice, apple cider vinegar and honey drink

Options

Replies

• JosetteGetsFit
    JosetteGetsFit Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm not making it up and I'm not selling anything. Just simply stating it is good for the liver. Are you going to drop weight if you drink grapefruit juice.... No, you have to have a calorie deficit for that to happen. Is it going to help flush your liver? YES. Grapefruit has liver cleansing agents like vitamin C and other antioxidants and phytonutrients called limonoids that helps toxic compounds to excrete from the liver by making them more water soluble. It also has naringenin, which helps the liver function.

SLLRunner wrote: »
    The grapefruit will help.

Will help what? :)

[/quote]

Stop making things up[/quote]
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    If you are taking statins or meds for seizure or migraine control, grapefruit can have adverse effects. Since grapefruit and grapefruit juice and honey are high in sugar, it hardly seems to make any sense that adding vinegar to the mix would magically make a concoction of the three a fat burning tool. Think this out all the way to its logical conclusion.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I'm not making it up and I'm not selling anything. Just simply stating it is good for the liver. Are you going to drop weight if you drink grapefruit juice.... No, you have to have a calorie deficit for that to happen. Is it going to help flush your liver? YES. Grapefruit has liver cleansing agents like vitamin C and other antioxidants and phytonutrients called limonoids that helps toxic compounds to excrete from the liver by making them more water soluble. It also has naringenin, which helps the liver function.

[/quote]

You need to link the studies then
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

So anyone who is on medication who can't eat or drink grapefruits is doomed?
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Source strongly needed there, JosetteandBill. I guess you can just keep saying the same exact thing over and over, but that's not proof and it doesn't make what you're saying any truer by repeating it.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Nice copy paste you have there.
  • JosetteGetsFit
    Options
    You all need to look it up yourself. lol
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Stop making things up
    [/quote]

You need to link the studies then[/quote]

Stop making things up
    [/quote]

Stop making things up
    [/quote]

• Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    moosekelly wrote: »
    It doesn't do anything, except possibly make you throw up. Sounds disgusting.

That's what I was thinking.
  • JosetteGetsFit
    Options
    Okay for the lazy ones who can't look it up for yourself.. Here ya go...

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/liver-cleanse-foods/

JaneSnowe wrote: »

This tells me everything I need to know about you and your claims.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Okay for the lazy ones who can't look it up for yourself.. Here ya go...

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/liver-cleanse-foods/

JaneSnowe wrote: »

This tells me everything I need to know about you and your claims.

If I plug in your copy/paste it's the fifth website down. At least you didn't pick the first one. Too obvs.