Options
12346»

Replies

• htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    amyepdx wrote: »
    htimpaired wrote: »
    It does help flush fat and toxins from the liver. And yes, you do need a calorie deficit to lose weight.
    mkakids wrote: »
    Grapefruit in itself stimulates the liver. Interactions of grapefruit juice and cardiovascular medications can be potentially dangerous. Other than that all of those ingredients have amazing health benefits. I use ACV, garlic and honey to get over strep throat without getting an RX. I also like to drink grapefruit before a meal because it makes digestion better.

They may have some health benefits, but it will not help you to lose weight quicker or burn fat. You need a calorie deficit for that.

Which toxins are you referencing?

Who is ingesting pesticides as part of their diet?

Aren't they in the air we breathe, like farming chemicals/pesticides and pollution from cars and factories etc etc

Wouldn't that be taken care of by our lungs, not our livers?
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    It does help flush fat and toxins from the liver. And yes, you do need a calorie deficit to lose weight.
    Grapefruit in itself stimulates the liver. Interactions of grapefruit juice and cardiovascular medications can be potentially dangerous. Other than that all of those ingredients have amazing health benefits. I use ACV, garlic and honey to get over strep throat without getting an RX. I also like to drink grapefruit before a meal because it makes digestion better.

They may have some health benefits, but it will not help you to lose weight quicker or burn fat. You need a calorie deficit for that.

Everyone who eats vegetables. Of course the vast majority are produced by the plants themselves.
  • johnwelk
    johnwelk Posts: 396 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Everyone who eats vegetables. Of course the vast majority are produced by the plants themselves.

Funky,
    I think you or someone else posted this awhile back in another thread about those evil pesticidez. It seems about 99.99% of them are produced by plants.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC54831/
  • BinaryFu
    BinaryFu Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    johnwelk wrote: »
    Funky,
    I think you or someone else posted this awhile back in another thread about those evil pesticidez. It seems about 99.99% of them are produced by plants.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC54831/

I'm adding this as yet another reason I was right and my parents were wrong to force vegetables on me </sarcasm>
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Flush fat and toxins from the liver.
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    The grapefruit will help.

Will help what? :)

No, no, no. Just no.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Aren't they in the air we breathe, like farming chemicals/pesticides and pollution from cars and factories etc etc

Wouldn't that be taken care of by our lungs, not our livers?

Who the hell knows lol
  • candycvky
    candycvky Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The cocktail (as I call them) have varied ingredients. They really not for losing weight, but detoxing the digestive to keep things flowing. I have IBS and it helps when it's flared up. My favorite to use is Vinegar, honey, cinnamon, ginger, and warm water. Each has benefits to help digestion.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    candycvky wrote: »
    The cocktail (as I call them) have varied ingredients. They really not for losing weight, but detoxing the digestive to keep things flowing. I have IBS and it helps when it's flared up. My favorite to use is Vinegar, honey, cinnamon, ginger, and warm water. Each has benefits to help digestion.

Somebody didn't read the whole thread..........