POKEMON GO

Options

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    there is a pokestop on my way with a company with a guard and locked gates. I can see it's by the pond but i can't get close enough from the sidewalk. soooo.....
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    An 18 yr old coworker was flipping out at work today about this. I have no clue wtf it is.
    Damn I'm so old.

Or young. Pokemon was huge in the 1990's. Not the app version of course! :) I'm having flashbacks. Full disclosure, I've never been a Pokemon fan, but have fun ya'll.
  • robocopnic
    robocopnic Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It's not available in Canada yet.
  • LiftingLisa
    LiftingLisa Posts: 12,345 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded it and I'm lost as crap. LOL Gonna try to figure it out
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    I will wait till they fix the permission issues. I am not a big fan of 'they will fix it in the future' plan, and meanwhile they have your permission to exploit your phone.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    FLgirl40 wrote: »
    I just downloaded it and I'm lost as crap. LOL Gonna try to figure it out

i had a lot of issues when i started too, @FLgirl40 , so here is a link to help get you started and one that explains it more
  • LiftingLisa
    LiftingLisa Posts: 12,345 Member
    Options
    Thanks @mbaker566 I caught some at lunch and got more ball thingys, but not sure about all the other stuff like powering up and there is a gem right outside our building that is for battling, but not sure about that either. I'm not there though. Need to be level 5.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    Maximus wrote: »
    I've heard stories of them being planted in peoples homes, yards, etc and it causing trespassing issues. Have any of you all come across that?

There's a gym located inside a gated condo complex in my neighborhood. You can't get close enough to it from the sidewalk, you'd have to go in the gates. It would be easy enough to sneak in behind someone. Really glad it's not my condo complex... I can see people wandering in, fighting their battles, then being like "Oh this place is nice, we'll hang out by the pool for a while!"

So I hit level 5. Do I really have to go fight battles? I'm just having fun walking around finding them...
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I've made it to level 10, and I haven't fought any battles or even picked a team yet. I just enjoying walking around a collecting them :)
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    So do you have to go out in public to play that game
  • xxxTiaxxx
    xxxTiaxxx Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    My new favorite thing is taking over gyms. The satisfaction I got last night by watching this guy kick a pole because me and my fiance took back our gym was too much!! I feel like if he knew it was us, next time he sees us (most likely tonight) he's gonna shank us. But ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................. Felt good.

And I finally got to level 20! This stuff is insane. We now have cops patrolling our nightly hangout because it's went from maybe 40 people to over 100 in a week (and a continuous flow of people too). Best thing as well, the cops were patrolling blasting the Pokemon theme song out the cop car. #australiamate
  • revolutiontruth
    revolutiontruth Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Maximus wrote: »
    I've heard stories of them being planted in peoples homes, yards, etc and it causing trespassing issues. Have any of you all come across that?

I've seen them in people's yards but you can catch them from the sidewalk.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    There's already been talk where people will try to lure others out and rob them of money and valuables due to this.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • drbuzzard91
    drbuzzard91 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Yeah just don't get caught lol become a Ninja Pokemon master
  • drbuzzard91
    drbuzzard91 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I'll just leave this here...bavr0qyzfafb.jpeg

You must have a lot of cats....
  • KassiesJourney
    KassiesJourney Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Go Pokémon trainers!
  • vladpatrick04
    vladpatrick04 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am so jealous, i want to play. No chance here in rurual france

Just look for the apk online and install the game, then you are ready to go

you have to watch downloading it online if it isnt from a legit app site. theres one malicious pokemon go app that will hijack your phone. theres reasons why its not released in other countries right now.

It's very hard to actually get the malicious, and easy to spot it requires a lot of permission like 3x the amount of the normal one, and if you go on apkmirror and look for the game you can find it and no one got ban yet for using it (+ was uploaded by Niantic, Inc)
  • vladpatrick04
    vladpatrick04 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I got my first pikachu yesterday! And a Vaporeon!!!! :)