POKEMON GO

Options

Replies

• megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    KD454 wrote: »
    I'll just leave this here...bavr0qyzfafb.jpeg

Why on Earth would you even date a nerd then if you can't handle him playing Pokemon Go? Basically, you have two options be an amazing gf/wife and play with him or go out and find you some less nerdy guy to date.

This ^^^^^

Thanks from the nerds
    You're welcome. I have to stand up for my people!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

I feel like at this point every new big app gets people all worked up over privacy issues. Same thing happened with facebook messenger, I remember tons of friends swore never to download it because "it is spying on us" and now 90% of them use it. I've pretty much come to peace with that anything that has access to the internet is not private, so I minimize the risk by having different (unconnected) accounts for different types of services (like I wouldnt attach my bank accounts to the same email as my social networks) and keep on enjoying myself.

hey just letting people know. not to mention the rogue app going around that is gaining access to everything on your device,calls,etc

They have acknowledged this and are fixing it soon in a update.
    http://mashable.com/2016/07/11/google-pokemon-go-app-security/#COcGSvVJcPq3

from the link:

Pokémon Go players won't have to worry about sketchy app permissions for much longer.

The developer of the game has acknowledged that it "erroneously" requested full access permission to users' Google accounts on iOS and says Google is working with them on a fix for the issue

In a statement provided to Mashable, Niantic, the developer of Pokémon Go, said that the app "erroneously requests full access permission for the user’s Google account," but that no user information was compromised.

"Pokémon GO only accesses basic Google profile information (specifically, your User ID and email address) and no other Google account information is or has been accessed or collected," the company says, adding that Google also confirmed no other information was collected. (Mashable has reached out to Google for further confirmation.)

Niantic, once owned by Google, also said Google was working with them so users won't need to adjust their account settings to address the issue. Instead, "Google will soon reduce Pokémon GO’s permission to only the basic profile data that Pokémon GO needs," Niantic says
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    I downloaded it. Despite being a 90s kid I never played/watched/gave a crap about Pokemon, so this is all newish to me. I don't have any interest in the battles, but going for nighttime walks catching these critters means I won't be sitting in front of the TV, and if I'm out walking my husband will come with me. Slowly catching on...
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    JustKen74 wrote: »

You seem to be a type of wife where the hubby wished you would go cheat so he can go ahead and get that divorce.

She's not. She got dat bomb P bruh... He ain't going nowhere no matter who she lies with because it's that good.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options

Why on Earth would you even date a nerd then if you can't handle him playing Pokemon Go? Basically, you have two options be an amazing gf/wife and play with him or go out and find you some less nerdy guy to date.

The way that meme reads, there IS a way to handle it...
  • avadahm
    avadahm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    All of this walking means I have to eat at least 1 extra meal a day to keep my calories up for my gain. I'm totally addicted. They need to make Pokemon meals so people keep their nutrition up while playing :wink:
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

You seem to be a type of wife where the hubby wished you would go cheat so he can go ahead and get that divorce.

LMAO I'm the type of wife that would never have a husband like you. thanks for making my day tho!

• toned_thugs_n_harmony
    Options

She's not. She got dat bomb P bruh... He ain't going nowhere no matter who she lies with because it's that good.

LOL at least someone knows what's up! @_incogNEATo_ wanna come over while my mans off playing Pokemon go?
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    avadahm wrote: »
    All of this walking means I have to eat at least 1 extra meal a day to keep my calories up for my gain. I'm totally addicted. They need to make Pokemon meals so people keep their nutrition up while playing :wink:

I'm with you on having to eat more. I just got my dress fitted for my wedding next month. So I don't want to lose anymore weight till after. Why couldn't Pokemon Go come out sooner?
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Pokemon Go does not work on my bike
  • Theresa_1973
    Theresa_1973 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've been out with my daughter and her fella for a few hours today - it was a fun way to spend my day off from work, now it's GTA5 a bottle (or two) of wine and ramming the other players of the road time ... My daughter is 20 and her fella is 25 lol

xXx
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

nope-timon.gif

I was actually really excited when my husband told me it was out. I remember seeing the previews for it awhile back and was looking forward to the launch. I think I would be a little disappointed if he didn't want to play.
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to it. Found a squriturtle in the bath tube.
  • revolutiontruth
    revolutiontruth Posts: 88 Member
    Options

Judge all you want. I've spent some great one on one time with my teenage sons. I went out yesterday with my one son yesterday and my other son tonight.
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    Options

Judge all you want. I've spent some great one on one time with my teenage sons. I went out yesterday with my one son yesterday and my other son tonight.

LOL everyone sure is getting upset over a freakin meme...I'm not judging anyone. you do you, nerds!
  • Eoghan91
    Eoghan91 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Pretty damn addictive game. Went out for a walk yesterday and stopped to catch a pokemon on the other side of the path since no one was around. People driving their cars past must have thought I was batshit crazy! Being a full grown dude and throwing digital pokeballs around, gotta love it :')