POKEMON GO

Options

Replies

• _SummerGirl_
    _SummerGirl_ Posts: 3,791 Member
    Options
    I just wish they followed the same rules they did in cities for pokestops and gyms. In the city near us I have not found one church, synagogue, or other place of worship that does not have a pokestop or gym. In our town only two of the eight places of worship have one or the other. If they had those other, it would make for a much more interesting time playing.

Exactly. I live in the suburbs, so I have to walk soooooo much further to get a lot of pokestops. If I go into sf, I just need to hit a tourist area and it's crazy town there.
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    7z4bzhrqyvxu.png

So adorable!!! I love this one!

How did you get to such an incredible amount of stardust, SummerGirl? I always use all of mine to power up straight away.

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    It's snowing...but those Pokémon aren't gonna catch themselves.

5ljeda6gn6nb.png

Also just hatched this...

tjcfyi1k53uz.png

• _SummerGirl_
    Options
    mlinci wrote: »
    7z4bzhrqyvxu.png

So adorable!!! I love this one!

How did you get to such an incredible amount of stardust, SummerGirl? I always use all of mine to power up straight away.

I almost never use it. I don't battle at the gyms...so I just accumulate it until my son needs to use it before battling at the gyms. :)
  • _SummerGirl_
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    It's snowing...but those Pokémon aren't gonna catch themselves.

5ljeda6gn6nb.png

Also just hatched this...

tjcfyi1k53uz.png

Whaaat? I so want one of those!!!
  • grrrlgeek
    grrrlgeek Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hello, Pokemon thread.
    I'm a 41 year old woman with no children and I'm really not Pokemon target demographics, but I love the game. As I've been losing weight throughout the last year and as my preferred exercise is walking (11000 steps per day on average), Pokemon has been the perfect companion to walking. I live in a large city, so there's plenty of pokestops and Pokemon to catch. I'm level 27 now.

Haha - I'm 53! All my kids are grown and I have grandchildren. I'm probably not the demographic they expected but walking to hatch eggs for me is like getting the Cracker Jack surprise and I walk a little further each week.
  • _SummerGirl_
    Options
    San Francisco, I love you. Thanks for letting me get enough candies of charmander and bulbasaur! Woot!

c2xhr689nh43.png
  • mlinci
    Options
    Wow, that's a proper Pokemon fest where you are!
    In the early days of Pokemon I witnessed one of those Pokemon hysteria moments in Holland Park here in London - this was back in August, and hundreds if not thousands of people were playing Pokemon when a Blastoise appeared - prompting a massive stampede of people running to the spot. (Yes, I got it too).
  • mlinci
    Options
    Looks like I killed the Pokemon thread :(
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    Looks like I killed the Pokemon thread :(

Nah, it's just really boring now that the holiday event is over. There's nothing good anywhere.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,131 Member
    Options
    Me and my little buddy.
    en54md8q4jjl.png
  • _SummerGirl_
    Options
    Cuuuute!!!

I currently have ghastly :smirk: because i need two more candies.... :lol:
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
  • grrrlgeek
    Options
    I got fed up with difficult low-value Pokémon so I'm mostly just walking to collect and hatch eggs. I still like hatching eggs. I'm also walking to collect candy to power up my Ditto.
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    grrrlgeek wrote: »
    I got fed up with difficult low-value Pokémon so I'm mostly just walking to collect and hatch eggs. I still like hatching eggs. I'm also walking to collect candy to power up my Ditto.

They seem to be a little more reasonable in my area, now. Some of them are still d1cks, though.
  • grrrlgeek
    Options
    @Broomstick_Boo - you're right I went out for a long walk and found them much more reasonable. I guess I'm that person who just complains...haha...but the game is like a drug dealer. Generous with the 10K eggs but now...times are hard all over. Hahaha
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    grrrlgeek wrote: »
    @Broomstick_Boo - you're right I went out for a long walk and found them much more reasonable. I guess I'm that person who just complains...haha...but the game is like a drug dealer. Generous with the 10K eggs but now...times are hard all over. Hahaha

Lol! :lol:
  • grrrlgeek
    Options
    Guess my drug dealer was feeling generous. Yesterday I caught a Magickarp that turned out to be a Ditto. I thought Dittos were just in Pidgeys and common Pokémon. I got a second Ditto that started as a Pidgey. So, TWO Ditto in one day! Actually, in one 2.5 mile walk!