Lessons I’ve learned on MFP (Chit Chat/Fun & Games):

Options

Replies

• AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I don't understand the appeal of the person above you threads. Over fours years on mfp and still haven't learned what the appeal is. And don't want to.

I think it's an opportunity for people here to be free to say whatever they want to other people, either nice or very unkind. Technically one can't complain because one joined the thread and agreed to take the risk. I chirped in on the person above you threads a couple of times and met with both reactions. I found it was addictive and I was checking back too often and tempted to keep on adding to the chatter which would have been a major time waster, as I see it. I've got floors to scrub, books to read, sunny walks to take, drives to the Chinese joint to make, overtime shifts to work, etc.

But seriously, if I was unemployed I'd probably partake in these threads from time to time.

I've found its mostly employed people at work on here :D

This is me, 90% of the time!
    The other 10%, I'm asleep!

Nah, I don't go on when I'm training clients but in between and at my other job. MFP is my favourite place to be!

Your other job ..you mean back stage at the chippendale shows inbetween your performances :p ..it's one of my faves too..I get the attraction

Shhhh don't tell everyone! You'll give the game away :D
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    henshemi wrote: »
    rebel_26 wrote: »
    are you saying you didnt like my tight white tshirt pics @synchkat ? thats not what you said in PM to me :s

Pfff you got off easy, @synckat made me take mine off!! Multiple times! @rebel_26

Oh come on....you enjoyed it. ;)

And @slimgirljo15 you're welcome.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I don't understand the appeal of the person above you threads. Over fours years on mfp and still haven't learned what the appeal is. And don't want to.

I think it's an opportunity for people here to be free to say whatever they want to other people, either nice or very unkind. Technically one can't complain because one joined the thread and agreed to take the risk. I chirped in on the person above you threads a couple of times and met with both reactions. I found it was addictive and I was checking back too often and tempted to keep on adding to the chatter which would have been a major time waster, as I see it. I've got floors to scrub, books to read, sunny walks to take, drives to the Chinese joint to make, overtime shifts to work, etc.

But seriously, if I was unemployed I'd probably partake in these threads from time to time.

I've found its mostly employed people at work on here :D

This is me, 90% of the time!
    The other 10%, I'm asleep!

Nah, I don't go on when I'm training clients but in between and at my other job. MFP is my favourite place to be!

Your other job ..you mean back stage at the chippendale shows inbetween your performances :p ..it's one of my faves too..I get the attraction

Shhhh don't tell everyone! You'll give the game away :D

Aww crap ..my bad ..your shows are going to be packed with mfp lovelies now ..20 deep at the stage..I dont think I can fling my g-string at you that far :p
  • henshemi
    henshemi Posts: 1,981 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    henshemi wrote: »
    rebel_26 wrote: »
    are you saying you didnt like my tight white tshirt pics @synchkat ? thats not what you said in PM to me :s

Pfff you got off easy, @synckat made me take mine off!! Multiple times! @rebel_26

Oh come on....you enjoyed it. ;)

And @slimgirljo15 you're welcome.

Yeah that's why it's off and never going back on haha @synckat
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    The main thing I have learned since day one and ongoing is that real life is always better than being on the internet. I learn this not just on mfp, but in all internet experiences. Internet is just a distraction.
  • amzblitz
    amzblitz Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Haters gna hate ainters gna ain't (in a nutshell)
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    This place truly is like a school yard. Every group represented including the bullies.

+ 500.
    + you're the best Jo
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I've learned to decipher certain code words. B)
  • Fit4LifeGal79
    Fit4LifeGal79 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    reverse image search the *kitten* out of someone who looks like they may be a catfish
  • musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options
    reverse image search the *kitten* out of someone who looks like they may be a catfish

D@mn she figured me out.

Also figured out to use symbols that look like letters for profanity so I don't have to see that stupid *kitten*
  • Fit4LifeGal79
    Fit4LifeGal79 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options

D@mn she figured me out.

Also figured out to use symbols that look like letters for profanity so I don't have to see that stupid *kitten*

Ha! You didn't have me fooled! :p
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options

I'll admit I do this a lot. It sure is hard to determine anything concrete from headless torso pics though. :confused:
  • IndianaGolfer
    IndianaGolfer Posts: 16,220 Member
    Options
    Only read the last post if it's more than a page to get caught up
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I've learned to never ever attempt a discussion with someone who's hell bent on convincing me that my lack of knowledge means that I should just accept theirs.
    LOTS of self-proclaimed experts on MFP
  • IndianaGolfer
    IndianaGolfer Posts: 16,220 Member
    Options
    I've learned to never ever attempt a discussion with someone who's hell bent on convincing me that my lack of knowledge means that I should just accept theirs.
    LOTS of self-proclaimed experts on MFP

Now listen hear , I'll tell you what to think

Sarcasm lol
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    Insecure people will make you their "forum enemy" for the silliest reasons. I've got a few, and it's only because I was friends with someone they either somehow "claimed" or didn't like for some reason.
    I have no desire to engage in little girl games.

Oh my. I don't think I have forum enemies (that I know of) but that could be fun.
    ps. I like big girl games. ;)