Lessons I’ve learned on MFP (Chit Chat/Fun & Games):

Options

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Egger29 wrote: »
    Sorry to be so bitter or weird, all....truth be told I've been hurt on here. More than once. Sometimes lessons are hard to learn. I get what y'all are saying but I'm human and have emotions. And maybe I've been naive or overly trusting or whatever you want to call it. I obviously haven't been as wise as others but I am now much more guarded thanks to experience. Anyhow, it is what it is

Shame you didn't have anyone real and sincere offering to be a good friend. Those people are hard to come by in a place like this. :'(

I disagree ..I think if you take the time to get to know a few you will find some real gems ..sure there are plenty of pebbles too ..but the gems are there..

Completely agreed. I have made a couple really good forever friends here. Of course there's been a few passer throughers.. Some I never want to see again. Fake people do exist here and everywhere but for the most part my friend list is full of people that I consider friends and interact as such. Again, a couple of them are great friends that I talk to everyday.
  • jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options
    Sorry to be so bitter or weird, all....truth be told I've been hurt on here. More than once. Sometimes lessons are hard to learn. I get what y'all are saying but I'm human and have emotions. And maybe I've been naive or overly trusting or whatever you want to call it. I obviously haven't been as wise as others but I am now much more guarded thanks to experience. Anyhow, it is what it is

Shame you didn't have anyone real and sincere offering to be a good friend. Those people are hard to come by in a place like this. :'(

I disagree ..I think if you take the time to get to know a few you will find some real gems ..sure there are plenty of pebbles too ..but the gems are there..

Completely agreed. I have made a couple really good forever friends here. Of course there's been a few passer throughers.. Some I never want to see again. Fake people do exist here and everywhere but for the most part my friend list is full of people that I consider friends and interact as such. Again, a couple of them are great friends that I talk to everyday.

Agreed! Love ya girl :)
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Agreed! Love ya girl :)

Back at ya Chica! <3
  • henshemi
    henshemi Posts: 1,981 Member
    Options
    sw33tp3a_1 wrote: »
    The less people know the better

Yup!!! @sw33tp3a_1
  • candiinprogress
    candiinprogress Posts: 7,883 Member
    Options
    That sometimes you think you've made a good friend, but then they decide they want more and if you don't reciprocate, they turn on you or delete you - and it makes you sad to lose their support and friendship.

This can be applied to real life sometimes too...
  • Chrisjuvers
    Chrisjuvers Posts: 2,692 Member
    Options
    That sometimes you think you've made a good friend, but then they decide they want more and if you don't reciprocate, they turn on you or delete you - and it makes you sad to lose their support and friendship.

I'll be your friend and I won't ask you for more lovin girl. I may ask for more of you're sassiness if you're ok with that. ;)

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options

Awww poo...who??? Wow nice rhyme
    But seriously what a dork.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options

I'll be your friend and I won't ask you for more lovin girl. I may ask for more of you're sassiness if you're ok with that. ;)

This is why you are so freakin awesome :*
  • candiinprogress
    candiinprogress Posts: 7,883 Member
    Options

I'm very ok with that :)
    synchkat wrote: »

Awww poo...who??? Wow nice rhyme
    But seriously what a dork.

Awesome poetry girl!! :) I won't say cos I'm nicer than that :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the appeal of the person above you threads. Over fours years on mfp and still haven't learned what the appeal is. And don't want to.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I just learned how to post videos in the forums. Still don't know how to post photos. https://youtu.be/PrZZfaDp02o
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I don't understand the appeal of the person above you threads. Over fours years on mfp and still haven't learned what the appeal is. And don't want to.

I think it's an opportunity for people here to be free to say whatever they want to other people, either nice or very unkind. Technically one can't complain because one joined the thread and agreed to take the risk. I chirped in on the person above you threads a couple of times and met with both reactions. I found it was addictive and I was checking back too often and tempted to keep on adding to the chatter which would have been a major time waster, as I see it. I've got floors to scrub, books to read, sunny walks to take, drives to the Chinese joint to make, overtime shifts to work, etc.

But seriously, if I was unemployed I'd probably partake in these threads from time to time.

I've found its mostly employed people at work on here :D
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

I think it's an opportunity for people here to be free to say whatever they want to other people, either nice or very unkind. Technically one can't complain because one joined the thread and agreed to take the risk. I chirped in on the person above you threads a couple of times and met with both reactions. I found it was addictive and I was checking back too often and tempted to keep on adding to the chatter which would have been a major time waster, as I see it. I've got floors to scrub, books to read, sunny walks to take, drives to the Chinese joint to make, overtime shifts to work, etc.

But seriously, if I was unemployed I'd probably partake in these threads from time to time.

I am a stay home mom...I like some of the person above you threads because it gives me someone to talk to besides the hamsters, and yet...I don't have to commit to an entire conversation.

^^what she said. Being a stay at home mom can be pretty boring at times. It's nice to be able to waste time
  • Fit4LifeGal79
    Fit4LifeGal79 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Don't get too comfortable with anyone.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Thanks for explaining about the person above you threads. I understand.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Men like compliments. They even post long articles about how hard it is being a man and not getting enough compliments. It's a big issue they talk about on reddit.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I learned not to invest too much time on people here. They will kick you to the curb as soon as someone else sparks their interest.