Lessons I’ve learned on MFP (Chit Chat/Fun & Games):

Options

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    I've also learnt ..if you become a mfp wife ..you need to realise you will be part of a harem :#

But why can't and mfp husband be part of a harem.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Too many things, I used to live in CCFG lol!!!!

CCFG?

Chit - Chat - Fun & games, although it seems to have been divided up now!

I like that they divided it up. I like chit chat. Not into the games.

I like how they added insightful, like, awesome. Makes it easier to not have to repy just to say you like something.

While I am here, I don't really understand why people are looking for love or other stuff along those lines on a fitness site. People don't even live near each other. Seems it would add complications to this site which is intended for counting calories.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    I've also learnt ..if you become a mfp wife ..you need to realise you will be part of a harem :#

But why can't and mfp husband be part of a harem.

They can Ali..in the interest of equality men mfp harems must also exist lol..
    So get collecting girl :p
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Too many things, I used to live in CCFG lol!!!!

CCFG?

Chit - Chat - Fun & games, although it seems to have been divided up now!

I like that they divided it up. I like chit chat. Not into the games.

I like how they added insightful, like, awesome. Makes it easier to not have to repy just to say you like something.

While I am here, I don't really understand why people are looking for love or other stuff along those lines on a fitness site. People don't even live near each other. Seems it would add complications to this site which is intended for counting calories.

It's always been the way, unfortunately there is a lot of emotions flying around on any large site - especially one with a strong community feel.
    I do however completely agree that it isn't a good idea, it isn't the purpose of the site and ultimately isn't very safe!

It seems like a good idea that they've divided it up, I'm still perusing through to see whom I recognise!

current status - Ninja lol!
  • jtegirl
    jtegirl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Other lessons: this site is a great place to get your heart broken if you let yourself think you're special :)

I think if newbies sat back and read all the above me posts, like I have, before joining in they'd realize that. I also think that if anyone believes a married man that tells them they're special then they must be pretty naive. I'm not meaning that in a derogatory way, so I hope everyone understands what I'm trying to say. There are a lot of young girls here, I can see why it would be easy to get sucked into that. All you can do is learn your lesson and move on.
  • jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options
    jtegirl wrote: »
    Other lessons: this site is a great place to get your heart broken if you let yourself think you're special :)

I think if newbies sat back and read all the above me posts, like I have, before joining in they'd realize that. I also think that if anyone believes a married man that tells them they're special then they must be pretty naive. I'm not meaning that in a derogatory way, so I hope everyone understands what I'm trying to say. There are a lot of young girls here, I can see why it would be easy to get sucked into that. All you can do is learn your lesson and move on.

Amen! My point is that I don't ALLOW myself
    to get attached to men on here. Most are married and I don't take things beyond friendship here. People can say you don't expect it to happen blah blah blah, but you can always walk away from a situation at any point, especially online.
  • Chrisjuvers
    Chrisjuvers Posts: 2,692 Member
    Options
    I have learned that I'm naive when it comes to this. When someone is 'too ashamed' to post a pic of their body but wants an opinion and wants to know if they can email it, I say sure. What will that hurt? It's not my phone number and I'm not sexting them. When the progress pic comes and it's their "D", why am I shocked? Normal people don't do that. I'm constantly amazed at things people on this site say and do. I often wonder if it's really even them in their profile photos.
  • jenjencin78
    Options
    My quote function isn't working so I'll just say I agree with @synchkat and @LiftingLady5 and also if people actually come here to find love, they need to have very realistic expectation of having their heart broken. It's all in fun-if you're looking for a dating site there are plenty out there!

You don't have to be "looking"...sometimes it just happens. That's the nature of this site and the interactions. My advice is to be aware of that and stay guarded. It kinda just happens here much easier than on other sites with an interactive function. The problem is that bECAUSE it happens so easily is exactly why you should be guarded. Odds are you aren't the only person connecting with that "special" someone

See I don't think that's the "nature" of this site at all. I come here for logging my meals, exercise and general chit chat with friends. That's what I mean about managing expectations. If you expect that's the nature of this site, you're here for the wrong reasons. It's not intended as a hookup site anymore than the gym intended as a place to meet people. I see this site for exactly what it is-a tool in my fitness regimen and a place to give and receive support from like minded people.
  • jtegirl
    Options

to get attached to men on here. Most are married and I don't take things beyond friendship here. People can say you don't expect it to happen blah blah blah, but you can always walk away from a situation at any point, especially online.

Yes exactly! All you have to do is read the forums and you see the same guys saying the same things to the girls and vice versa. Just have to treat it like a game, not take it seriously at all.
  • synchkat
    Options

Yes exactly! All you have to do is read the forums and you see the same guys saying the same things to the girls and vice versa. Just have to treat it like a game, not take it seriously at all.

wait...women's eyes aren't stunning and they aren't the most beautiful they've ever seen?

and btw @jenjencin78 you're awesome.
  • jenjencin78
    Options

The forums ARE A GAME!!! Lol people need to remember that. It's all in fun. Not supposed to be taken seriously.

Yep.
  • jenjencin78
    Options

wait...women's eyes aren't stunning and they aren't the most beautiful they've ever seen?

@synchkat you say that to all the girls :D
  • synchkat
    Options

ssshhh...your eyes are so intoxicating!!! haha
    let's go skating in Central Park..or Rockefellar Centre...ring your daughter I'll give her a lesson.
  • jenjencin78
    Options

ssshhh...your eyes are so intoxicating!!! haha
    let's go skating in Central Park..or Rockefellar Centre...ring your daughter I'll give her a lesson.

Absolutely! Message me the info when you'll be here :)
  • jtegirl
    Options

Synchat, you are the most beautiful woman I've ever seen..... your eyes rival the stars... wait, what?! lol
  • synchkat
    Options

Synchat, you are the most beautiful woman I've ever seen..... your eyes rival the stars... wait, what?! lol

I know..my poop brown eyes are unrivalled
    I understand. Stunning!!!
    Hahahahaha