Unrealistic weight loss brags

Options
Do any of you see people on your friends list on social media, like Facebook, talking about their weekly weight loss and want to call them out?

I have a few that started the last few months and they posted their first week weight loss, one being 17 lbs another 10 lbs. Great, begining diet flush. Both these individuals have about 40 - 50 lbs to loose. Now they both are posting they are loosing 2 - 3 lbs a day. Of course people are giving them high fives, but I see others posting how they have given up on dieting as it goes so slow. I have been on my journey for years and count my calories and exercise. No way in heck could I lose 2 - 3 lbs a day. One says the only thing different they do is use Thrive products, the other says they just cut out sweets and soda, no other diet changes or exercises. Of course based on pics, not seeing that drastic weight loss they are saying. Lol. I just worry of the false hope they give to others saying you can loose that much weight, so quickly. One even told me they would coach me to get to my goal, since it's taking me so long Lol

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Happens sporadically with various friends. I have sometimes voiced an opinion (usually if they're sad about a "small" loss) but mostly I let it go. Not one of them has maintained their losses over the years.
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    TrailNurse wrote: »
    I have people on my MFP feed that claim that they burn 1,000 calories doing cardio. Whatever!

Yeah I've seen that too. Oh well!
  • BarbellzNBrotein
    BarbellzNBrotein Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    TrailNurse wrote: »
    I have people on my MFP feed that claim that they burn 1,000 calories doing cardio. Whatever!

That's very possible. Albeit an inefficient means of burning calories.. unless ones goal is geared towards looking like a marathon runner. I'm more HIIT inclined. Each to their own.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Why let it bother you?

I like your avi @queenliz99 That's fair playing with my head :)