Replies

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I keep seeing these and dying to comment! Absolute nonsense LOL
    6z45b3s7psdu.jpeg
    uhvkdllkvqv4.jpeg

Oh my gosh, that made me laugh! Four pounds of muscle in one week! Every bodybuilder in the world wants to know her secret. :D

Well, the lies here make sense. She is trying to sell that concussion.

Concoction. Lol. I love spellcheck's typos. They make me smile. Yeah. MLM people hype hype hype in order to make a quick sale. Then they string you along and get you to sign up to some kind of monthly auto delivery. And then they want you to become part of their "downline" so you can get discounts and add more people to the downline.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »
    6z45b3s7psdu.jpeg
    uhvkdllkvqv4.jpeg

Oh my gosh, that made me laugh! Four pounds of muscle in one week! Every bodybuilder in the world wants to know her secret. :D

Concoction. Lol. I love spellcheck's typos. They make me smile. Yeah. MLM people hype hype hype in order to make a quick sale. Then they string you along and get you to sign up to some kind of monthly auto delivery. And then they want you to become part of their "downline" so you can get discounts and add more people to the downline.

Haha yes! I'm constantly editing my replies. At least this is a benign one. I've had way worse and quickly edited them hoping no one would catch it.

All is fair in love and sales though. (and I swear I'm willing to make a reply that is nothing but smilies if that would make them go away.. it's getting annoying :dizzy:)
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »
    I burned 1000 calories reading this thread and dropped 3 lbs of fat while gaining 8 lbs of muscle.

lmao
  • almostanangel21
    almostanangel21 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I only just started a Facebook this year, mainly so I don't look weird to the Bar or employers looking for my social media accounts. They don't find anything, they figure you're hiding something. Anyway.

My friends don't post about having lost tons of weight; they just have a compulsive need to 'check in' whenever they're at the gym. I know they're not logging it for their own sake like MFP, they're just bragging. And then they'll post a selfie looking too cute to actually work out and WAY too cute to have actually worked out. News flash: if you wore that much makeup while breaking a sweat, you would break out in so many zits it would look like chicken pox. "In the gym transforming".... right.

Speaking of "in the gym transforming," I hate the way MFP overestimates calorie burn. I did an hour of cardio yesterday (elliptical, cross trainer) and a 30 minute kettlebell workout, and MFP told me I burned 1000 calories, not me. I work out the burn according to the MET formula and change it when I remember, but my adjustments are never saved so that I can just check off my exercises next time. I just don't eat my exercise calories back because MFP is insane.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    There are those on my FB who claim weight loss that doesn't seem reasonable...I don't say a word.

I just don't feel like creating the drama....if they are being honest with themselves (which they aren't) who am I to burst their bubble....
  • DebSozo
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »
    6z45b3s7psdu.jpeg
    uhvkdllkvqv4.jpeg

Haha yes! I'm constantly editing my replies. At least this is a benign one. I've had way worse and quickly edited them hoping no one would catch it.

All is fair in love and sales though. (and I swear I'm willing to make a reply that is nothing but smilies if that would make them go away.. it's getting annoying :dizzy:)

I think half of my posts are edited for the same reason. That's why I smiled.
    :D

• DebSozo
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »
    I burned 1000 calories reading this thread and dropped 3 lbs of fat while gaining 8 lbs of muscle.

What product are you selling? B) I want what you're having. Haha ;)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It would annoy me too, but I don't tend to stay friends with people with the mentality of a teenager, so I usually don't have to deal with such things.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    It would annoy me too, but I don't tend to stay friends with people with the mentality of a teenager, so I usually don't have to deal with such things.

Unfortunately some of the people see doing that stuff are family members, which is a little harder. Not saying they don't have that teenager mentality, though, haha. My cousin was telling everyone she was a size 0 from all the weight she had lost awhile back, yet I'm an 8-10 and she was still bigger than me.
    I also have those ones who like to check in at the gym every day. They just love the attention I suppose.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Unfortunately some of the people see doing that stuff are family members, which is a little harder. Not saying they don't have that teenager mentality, though, haha. My cousin was telling everyone she was a size 0 from all the weight she had lost awhile back, yet I'm an 8-10 and she was still bigger than me.
    I also have those ones who like to check in at the gym every day. They just love the attention I suppose.

Those people I just hide posts from, lol. Like that 40+yo woman who keeps posting about what she's doing with her new boyfriend like a teenager. Ugh.

But I do have an old friend who's always posting about his gym stuff... I know the guy and I know how he is so I just let it slide, lol. It doesn't really bother me anyway... I actually wish I had more friends who liked working out. Heck I'd kill for a hiking partner.

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I don't care enough to say anything on any social media. If anything I would want to punch my own face for even engaging in any sort of "debate" on fb about diets and weightloss. It's against my personal standards.
  • dragon_girl26
    edited July 2016
    Options

Those people I just hide posts from, lol. Like that 40+yo woman who keeps posting about what she's doing with her new boyfriend like a teenager. Ugh.

But I do have an old friend who's always posting about his gym stuff... I know the guy and I know how he is so I just let it slide, lol. It doesn't really bother me anyway... I actually wish I had more friends who liked working out. Heck I'd kill for a hiking partner.
    *groan* Gotta love those TMI people...I have a few of those myself. Someone was telling me over the weekend that you can adjust your feed to put the people you want to see at the top, and ignore everything else. I need to play with some FB settings, I think.
    ooh, me, too! Walking buddies, cycling, dancing...I always wonder why they want to post about being on the treadmill. I'm not much for gym equipment, though. If my FB feed had people actually doing interesting workouts, I might feel inspired.
  • tech_kitten
    tech_kitten Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I hate the brags on FB in general. A bunch of people manipulating media to show how wonderful their lives seem to be. I rarely see genuine posts about something anymore, but when I do it's very refreshing. I don't care to see every day why your child/dog/etc is a genius, how you bought some overpriced something because you have so much extra money, or that you did such a great job at work today (unless it's something you rarely post about and you truly would like to tell family and friends about it, then ok).
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    All you have to do is wait - if they are actually losing weight, they will likely gain it back. If they aren't, they will change the subject soon enough.

You have the tools to keep losing and keep it off, and people will start asking how you did it.

They won't be happy with the answer, though. "Eat less, track food, and exercise" never gets a standing ovation. LOL
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I finally had to block a FB friend who sells Plexus who goes on and on about how its changed her life when IRL all she does is complain about her allergies and insomnia and a myriad of other health problems.
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I honestly deleted my Facebook about 6 months ago from all the humble brags.

My Facebook was flooded by annoying political memes, MLM pushers and far to many perfect babies raised by perfect mothers and perfect fathers. Oh! I forgot about those that post pictures of their FEET when they go running every day and the many pictures of food at fine dining restaurants.

Makes me sound like a grouch but it came to a point where I cared about no one's posts there so I just deleted it.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

The checking-in at the gym thing may not be for attention (or just for attention). There are programs like "Sweat Angels" that gyms and boxes participate in. When their clients check-in and post to Facebook, money goes to charity. http://www.causely.com/sweatangels

my fitness activity is posted automatically to FB...it's not a brag it's just what it is...not sure why people assume that all people post to FB to brag or are not being honest...esp when it comes to fitness...

I have a friend who is exceptionally into fitness he posts about it all the time...I love to watch him progress...and cheer for him on the sidelines...esp since he is far away...

I find it funny people here are talking about deleting people due to checking in at the gym or for posting their fitness...wow...
  • dragon_girl26
    edited July 2016
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

The checking-in at the gym thing may not be for attention (or just for attention). There are programs like "Sweat Angels" that gyms and boxes participate in. When their clients check-in and post to Facebook, money goes to charity. http://www.causely.com/sweatangels

my fitness activity is posted automatically to FB...it's not a brag it's just what it is...not sure why people assume that all people post to FB to brag or are not being honest...esp when it comes to fitness...

I have a friend who is exceptionally into fitness he posts about it all the time...I love to watch him progress...and cheer for him on the sidelines...esp since he is far away...

find it funny people here are talking about deleting people due to checking in at the gym or for posting their fitness...wow...

Not sure if the bolded is referring to me or not, but I looked back through my post and I didn't see where I said I delete people for posting that stuff. I haven't even really unfollowed them, either. If I unfollow people, it's usually for different reasons.
    I tend to make that assumption, though, because most of the people on my FB usually are looking for attention. I see a lot of posts with way too personal information, "look at me and how great my life is!" type of posts, and general drama. That's why I'm not much of a FB person. If people are checking in for charity reasons, then cool, more power to 'em. In my opinion, there is such a thing as oversharing, but to each their own.