July 5th start 30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• wolverinefactor
    Options
    I just got my hands on this last night. I attempted it today but I guess I over worked my body yesterday because the warm-up didn't go so well (I did 7 hours of labor in someones yard, I think every muscle hurts right now). But yeah, count me in.
  • jtotheno
    jtotheno Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Just a few more hours until our official start date!! I know some of us may have cheated and started a bit early.. but it doesn't really matter, as the end goal is the same: lose some weight and be healthier!!!

I posted my first 30DS blog, and I tried to add you all as friends so that we can follow each other's progress. I took my measurements and weight tonight, and will be taking my "before" picture in the morning. I posted the measurements in the blog, but will wait to post the terrible before photo until I have a more flattering "during" or "after" photo to follow it up with ;)

If I haven't added you as a friend, and you'd like to follow my 30 Day Shred blog, or do it with me (and the rest of us brave souls on this thread), feel free to add me!!

Jodi
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Alright so it's official I'm starting today with you guys I did it on Saturday but skipped yesterday so okay now I am ready!!

My weight went up wasn't happy about that so today I'm 163.8
    Waist at narrowest 32
    At navel 34
    hips 41

If your tracking some other measurments just let me know!!
  • aepete01
    aepete01 Posts: 5
    Options
    so if i don't have a heart rate monitor is there a safe average amount of calories that i can say i burned while doing this dvd so i can track it on my fitness diary thing?
  • MrsBattousai
    MrsBattousai Posts: 171
    Options
    Hey!

Starting weight and mesure and will do it every new level so every 10 days.

Weight 175
    Arms 11
    Stomach ( at belly button) 36.5
    Calves 17
    Thighs 19
    Hips 39.5

Doing it later on tonight after kids are in bed! Good luck Everyone!
  • mamaDaisyJ
    mamaDaisyJ Posts: 395
    Options
    Starting measurements~

Weight 201 lbs
    Arms 14 in
    Waist 39 in
    Hips 42 in
    Thighs 24.5 in
    Calves 16 in
  • aepete01
    aepete01 Posts: 5
    Options
    I just did 30DS for the first time this morning!:smile: it felt good to exercise again, i hadn't done it in awhile i feel like i have energy again.

Starting Measurements

Weight 180.5
    Arms 17 inches
    Thighs 26 inches
    Waist 40 inches
    Hips 47 inches
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm in but I will start tomorrow this week as I am recovering from a very nasty stomach virus.:sick:
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I am in too! There's another 30 Day Shred starting on July 5 thread too. I joined both. Maybe we can merge the two? Anyway, I need to go take my measurements...may have to go buy a new thingy...I have no idea where mine is. I probably threw it away in anger....

Can't wait!
  • need_to_lose
    Options
    I'm in!!! Let's have some FUN.
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    Just finished Day 1 Level 1. I actually had a little more energy towards the end of the workout! I forgot to weigh this morning, but will post my measurements a little later on. Good luck everyone! Looking forward to going through this will you all!
  • wmb0124
    wmb0124 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Getting ready to start day one in the next hour or so. Kinda nervous! I have Jillian Michales Fitness Ultimatum for the Wii and she kicks serious butt!

Weight: 152
    Waist: 31.5
    Hips: 42

Those are the only measurements I care about lol. Good luck everyone!
  • wmb0124
    Options
    I don't wear an HRM, so I have no idea how many calories I just burned! I logged it as aerobics high-intensity and it said I burned 160, which I guess isn't bad for 20 minutes. Just to get an idea from those of you who do wear an HRM, how many calories did you burn? I know it isn't going to be the same for me, but I'm just wondering if 160 calories is reasonable or really far off the mark. How did everyone do on day one?
  • jtotheno
    jtotheno Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I don't wear an HRM, so I have no idea how many calories I just burned! I logged it as aerobics high-intensity and it said I burned 160, which I guess isn't bad for 20 minutes. Just to get an idea from those of you who do wear an HRM, how many calories did you burn? I know it isn't going to be the same for me, but I'm just wondering if 160 calories is reasonable or really far off the mark. How did everyone do on day one?

I don't have a HRM either, I meant to buy one the other day and forgot.. but I logged mine under "Circuit Training, general".. it gives you over 200 calories burned.. I am not sure which would be more accurate to the tell the truth :(
  • mamaDaisyJ
    mamaDaisyJ Posts: 395
    Options
    I wore my HRM today and burned 245 calories. Also, according the my counter, the workout was 25 minutes, so I guess I'm including warm-up and cooldown. Also I was going at about 67-68% max heart rate.
  • wmb0124
    Options
    ok so i guess i'll go in and change it to like 215? does that sound like it could be right? i reall need an HRM lol. does anyone else have arms that feel like jello lol?
  • MrsBattousai
    MrsBattousai Posts: 171
    Options
    Just did it it was so good! I used my HRM but I really pushed it I burned 251 cals. Right on! For 20 mins it rocks. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow!!!!! Have fun guys!
  • spanky1002
    spanky1002 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!! Good luck everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Just finished the first workout. It was tons of fun. I modified many of the moves due to my bad knees and many, many extra pounds. I got a good sweat going! Good luck to all!
  • tamalea
    tamalea Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Just finished; I can definately feel it in my arms. I only have 5lb weights, I thought that they would be perfect or too light. Now I am wishing I had 2 lb ones.