Replies

• cindylou0960
    cindylou0960 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    what is 30 day shred?
  • tamalea
    tamalea Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Is it just me or was getting out of bed a painful experience for anyone else this morning :frown:
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Good job everyone on keeping up the Shredding! I finished Day 2 last night and it was a tad bit harder for me I think. Those side lunges with lateral raises KILL me! By the second set I am having to modify and only raise one arm at a time. I am using 3 lb weights right now. I think on some of the moves like the chest flys when laying down, I am going to start using my 5 lb weights because I don't feel it much with the lighter ones. I was sweating for sure when I got done with the whole thing. I log mine into the exercise log as "circuit training, general". I think that would be more accurate than just aerobics because of the strength training she has in there. What are everyone elses thoughts on this? Logging it as that gives me just over 200 calories burned. That's sounds about right, but I don't have a HRM to get accurate results. I also did another video last night for added cardio. I completed a 30 min walk & jog and boy, was I sweating when I got done!

I'm really enjoying reading everyone's responses to how they are doing! Before you know it, we are going to be several inches less of us. I'm not sure how everyone else is doing the levels, but I am doing 10 days each level.

Those lateral raises are kicking my butt also. I am using 5lb weights trying not to go down whew it's hard but that's just fear leaving the body I have to laugh when she say that. I am also doing it for 10 days each level and when I log it into the fit linxx system at the YMCA it gave me a lil over 200 cal and when I log it here under general Cardio circuit it's slightly higher so I am thinking at least 200 cals for sure in the 20mins!!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Is it just me or was getting out of bed a painful experience for anyone else this morning :frown:

Your not alone everything on me hurts and just think I signed up for a boot camp class today I am going to do the shred before I go because I don't know what condition I will be in when I get home!!
  • cindylou0960
    cindylou0960 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am new here. What is the 30 day shred? I know it's day 2, but can I jump in?
    Thanks
    :laugh:
  • natspoiledbrat
    Options
    I am new here. What is the 30 day shred? I know it's day 2, but can I jump in?
    Thanks
    :laugh:

Its a DVD program by Jillian Micheal's. It is a little under 30 minutes long with warm up and cool down. It is pretty intense. She does a short warm up, then 3 circuits, and a cool down. The 3 Circuits consist of 3 minute strength training, 2 minute cardio, and 1 minute abs, and then repeat a total of 3 times. There are 3 different levels, so I think most people are doing 10 days on each level. You should give it a try..............its a great short workout! I purchased it at Target or Walmart for $9, I think its well worth it, oh yeah, and you need dumbbells (about 3 lbs) and maybe a mat depending on your floors.
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I just did my second day. It was a little easier. I also worked out with a trainer this morning. I probably won't be able to move tomorrow! :sad:

Glad everyone is working through it! I hate those side lunges too....they kill my knee. May have to find a modification for that one. I also detest the jumping jacks! I can't believe she says she has 400 lb people do them. I weigh 270 and can barely do jumping jacks. I am now calling them F-ing jacks. :explode:

Keep posting your updates! I love reading them!
  • Neeti1021
    Neeti1021 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    cnbethea: Zumba and Shred, wow, how are you feeling?? That's great!!!! :drinker:

I just finished my 6th day for 30DS with 3 pound weights and then did a 2 mile walk, heart monitor gave me 250 calories burned after the shred and an extra 255 burned with the walk. 505 in 1 hour....I guess that's good. I honestly felt like doing nothing today and because of all the motivation from you all I did it and am glad I'm done for today. So THANK YOU!!!!

Is it me or do you ever feel like your working out more then your losing.........I hope these pounds start flying off because that's another part of motivation that I'd like to see more of.

Day 7 I'm ready for you tomorrow.........bring it on!!!!!!!!!

Neeti :bigsmile:
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Awesome job Neeti especially since you werent in the mood!!! I know what you mean about the weight on the scale but with the shred and insanity don't get hung up on the scale as much but look at how your endurance has improve clothes are fitting better I say that because the inches may melt off faster:bigsmile: Which are still great things to look foward too!!

Today was a great day!!

D3L1 complete plus I got in 45 min boot camp and 30 min abs&more
  • mamaDaisyJ
    mamaDaisyJ Posts: 395
    Options
    Day 3 down.
    Burned more calories than yesterday, wasn't quite as sore.
    Like Neeti, I didn't have much motivation today so my workout got bumped till this evening. And, I think I like it that way!
    Baby was already asleep for the night and my Buddy was ready for a walk, so I got up from the shred and went right to walking. This kept my heart rate higher than when I just go walking, so I burned more calories :)
    Turned out well~
  • ShannonJohnson
    ShannonJohnson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Day 1 Level 1 done!

Ready to get into it again tonight. Does any one know a standard calorie burn is for Level 1 then Level 2 then Level 3 so I can enter it in my log?

Starting stats:
    SW- 158 lbs
    Arms- 12.5
    Chest- 41
    Waist- 35
    Hips- 39
    Thighs- 23
    Butt- 41

Hopefully in a few weeks these will be way down :) I have my bachelorette party in 16 days and we will be on a boat up north for a day so I want to feel comfortable with my girls!
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    Day 1 Level 1 done!

Ready to get into it again tonight. Does any one know a standard calorie burn is for Level 1 then Level 2 then Level 3 so I can enter it in my log?

Just enter it in your exercise log as circuit training under cardio. That should give you a pretty good estimate for your weight.

I am soooo tired today. I did a Walk Away the Pounds (with walking and jogging for 30 min) first last night. I put the kids to bed then came back and did Day 3, Level 1 30DS. I had such a hard time getting through those 20+ minutes! I'm not really sore today, just super tired. I could go home and sleep for half the day! :yawn:

Great job to those that are adding extra workouts on top of the Shred. And welcome to those who are just starting out with us. I love coming here everyday to read everyone's responses, motivation, and where we are struggling so we can get encouragement.
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Day 3 down.
    Burned more calories than yesterday, wasn't quite as sore.
    Like Neeti, I didn't have much motivation today so my workout got bumped till this evening. And, I think I like it that way!
    Baby was already asleep for the night and my Buddy was ready for a walk, so I got up from the shred and went right to walking. This kept my heart rate higher than when I just go walking, so I burned more calories :)
    Turned out well~

That's awesome a win win situation Love it!!!!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Day 4 L 1 complete plus a 30 min walk (debating if I will go to the gym tonight not really any classes I like but we shall see)

Have a great day everyone!!
  • wmb0124
    wmb0124 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Day 4 done! Not too bad today. I actually felt more energetic. I guess my endurance is increasing. How is everyone doing?
  • MrsBattousai
    MrsBattousai Posts: 171
    Options
    I'm doing pretty good! A little sore but keep doing it though Alot more engry as well!
  • natspoiledbrat
    Options
    Is anyone having knee pain? I don't think its a serious injury or anything, but my knees have been hurting a lot during exercise, particularly during the side lunges w/ lateral raises (Level 1 Circuit 3).
  • Neeti1021
    Neeti1021 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! It does get discouraging when the weight doesn't fly off but I am staying very focused, more focused then ever. But unfortunately today I just had a CRAP day. I was angry with my man, real angry and I just couldn't focus. Luckily I did do a cardio warm up for a few and then accomplished to finish the 30 Day Shred for today. But I actually feel better after my workout and I'm not mad at him anymore......well, at least not as mad. MEN!!!! Anyway, so as a confirmed post, finished DAY 7 with a warm up at 32 minutes and burned 253 calories. I'm going to promise myself that tomorrow I will make up for it.

Until tomorrow!!
    Neeti:frown:
  • wolverinefactor
    Options
    Sorry for not actually posting in the topic. I'm running it all in a blog so the topic itself slipped my mind. I'm about to do day 4 (wow, time is flying) but I really feel it in my pecs, which is a problem area for me anyway.

I had a bad eating / lazy day today and this topic along with another helped push me towards my job, doing my ab video, my 300 crunches and soon to be my 30 day shred workout.

Does anyone else have trouble with the final set of crunchs? I guess I try to do them to fast and it never goes as smooth as it looks in the video. My obliques are a bad area for me as well but my ab video really works those, when I do it which will hopefully be daily.

So yeah, I haven't found 30 day shred to be getting easier but it's fun and once you hit the halfway point it zooms by.
  • natspoiledbrat
    Options
    Sorry for not actually posting in the topic. I'm running it all in a blog so the topic itself slipped my mind. I'm about to do day 4 (wow, time is flying) but I really feel it in my pecs, which is a problem area for me anyway.

I had a bad eating / lazy day today and this topic along with another helped push me towards my job, doing my ab video, my 300 crunches and soon to be my 30 day shred workout.

Does anyone else have trouble with the final set of crunchs? I guess I try to do them to fast and it never goes as smooth as it looks in the video. My obliques are a bad area for me as well but my ab video really works those, when I do it which will hopefully be daily.

So yeah, I haven't found 30 day shred to be getting easier but it's fun and once you hit the halfway point it zooms by.

That last set of crunches kills me! They are so hard, and its hard to do them at such a slow pace. I took a class today at the gym and she had us do the same crunches and I about died again! Don't worry about it not going as smooth as it does in the video. I'm sure it was totally edited to make it look super easy! And we all know its not! Just hang in there and before you know it, all of us 30-day shredders will be pros!!!!!