Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Annie/ Sara - we've seen so many dogs with allergies, lately... feel so bad for them... they're absolutely miserable... some, get a fast acting injection, then tablets to take home...I know how miserable allergies are... hope your pups get some relief, soon...

I got to see 3 dogs that were adopted from shelter (2 same house) makes me so happy to see them... especially the 2, they had rough lives before and we were worried they wouldn't get adopted.. but, they are so happy and love each other so much...
    One of the Board members brought 2 of her dogs in...I asked co-worker if she would go in...I just don't wanna face her.. she's so fake and unpleasant..I'm sure I'll have to at some point (she's bringing other 2 dogs next week, ugh) but, will do my best to avoid her as long as possible...

Everyonehave a good rest of the day...
    Check in later...

• hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all newcomers!

Saltine - I second what Lana stated. If you dont have honesty, you dont have anything. Its a delicate subject but really needs to be addressed. Its not fair to anyone if one person is committed and the other is not. You need to both explain your intentions for the relationship - dont make guesses or let your fears fester.

Lana - sage advice.
    hope your travels go well.

Annie - i would be interested in how that low carb/high fat diet works. what kind of foods do they recommend for something like that?
    keeping your parents in my thoughts!

Sara - I typically ask the vet for liquid meds that I can squirt down throat with syringe. our dog is too smart for his own good. (he just graduated from obedience classes this week too! LOL)

rsamuels - wow, what a dance director! good topics to discuss.

Tess - hang in there. you've made it this far, dont give up just because you have messed up right around this point in the past!

Have a situation with my cat. to be totally honest, I have always had outdoor cats and do not consider myself a cat person by any means. DH got me an indoor kitten for my birthday last year. she is quite beautiful but a real brat. the shelter told us she was full of "piss & vinegar" I dont see how she is full of anything- she has been peeing on everything DH owns and anything that ends up on the dining room, living room, or laundry room floor. Took her in to be tested for UTI but she is fine. No changes in litter or anything. Its like she is just being a petulant child! Even though she is obsessed with playing fetch, I know I can not train her like a dog. Any cat people in here? Any suggestions on how to get her to leave stuff alone? Am going insane with work schedule plus trying to get house ready for guests for the wedding. Last thing I need is to worry about (and constantly clean up after) that cat's attitude!

Everyone from work that went to TX are already on their way back. Seems TX told them "Thanks for coming but we dont need you." Maybe that is just a TX attitude. Whatever.

My younger brother has just finished evacuation but Dad still set on staying. Hope Irma loses enough strength not to do much harm in FL. Friends in the Northwest have been basically captives in their own homes as they deal with horrid air quality & all that ash from wildfires. So far, they are safe, the fires have been staying about 50 miles from them.

*waves to everyone who drops in*
    *plops down on lounge chair and orders a foot massage*
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,328 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Long day and many posts. Dog is eating on her own and will see about the pill that tastes bad, so far what I have is not working.

Tess - cat? dont give cat options on where she can mark her territory. there are products out there that are considered repellents... also some cleaning products are better than others "nature's own" is one at getting complete smell out.

Saltine - agree with Tess/Lana. You will only get the truth if you ask for it and listen. Not easy, but important.

ZZZ time under Lana's Tree. May/may not stop by before true lights out.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Katherine - I am a cat person... not expert... sounds like kitty is mad... with everything that you've been dealing with, maybe kitty feels she's being neglected.. cats are funny creatures... she wants more attention... how frequently do you clean litter box? Sometimes, kitties want their box clean.. our foster kitty would only use her box, at most twice, then she would use floor... if there is nothing medically wrong with her, then I would keep an eye on her box and, try to give her lots of love... among all the other things you have going on ;)
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Saltine24 wrote: »
    Good morning all & Happy Friday!

So I have a bit of an issue - My bf took last Friday off of work so I went to bed at my usual time on Thursday, he woke me up standing over me & saying "You know I love you" once I was awake we went outside for a bit then I went to back to bed, couldn't sleep, so went back outside to where he was wanting to spend a bit more time with him, he looked up at me and said I should go back to bed bc I was crowding him! I thought that was kinda odd considering he was the one who woke me up to begin with. Then I found the dating site on his phone a couple days later as I was looking on his browser for YouTube. Have been struggling with it ever since, scared to confront him as I don't know (don't want to know) what this means. I have been trying to act normal around him, but just get a knot in my stomach when I think about him going on there.

I don't have anyone else to talk to about this and would appreciate some advise. :(

Wave to all who follows & have a great weekend!

Saltine, I'm sorry for your pain. It's a miserable place to be in. Lana and Kathryn are right - you need and deserve honesty. The state of not knowing is tearing you apart, and the fear is paralyzing.

You have two choices. The first is not to say anything. You already know how that feels - you have a pit in your stomach and your faith in your relationship is undermined. The second choice is to talk with your BF as Lana has said, and listen to what is going on with him. Depending on what he says, it may have a painful result. But this is a pain you can heal from, and by taking the first step toward a conversation, you are taking control of your life, which will help in the healing process.

You deserve to be with someone who loves you completely and wants to be with only you (assuming that's how your relationship is built). I was once in a relationship where I kept myself from probing into things I was seeing because I loved my then-BF and also knew it was going to hurt to break up. I stayed too long and my self-confidence took a beating. But I survived and thrived, and you will too whatever the result is. Either the relationship will be stronger or you will.

And remember - you're not alone. We're here for you. Let us know what you're thinking and what you decide to do.

You can do this.

Best,

Tess
  • tlsb2016
    Options
    Annie, welcome back! Am sending good thoughts to your parents for their safety and their home's welfare. Good luck to all who are in Irma's path.

Kathryn, I'm a cat person but far from expert. I found myself nodding vigorously to Dawn's observations. If there is nothing medically wrong with kitty (and am assuming she's spayed), then something is bothering her. Cats are creatures of habit and are susceptible to changing moods and habits. She may be bored or lonely. Are there enough cat toys scattered about? Does she have access to windows so she can look outside? (We call windows the "HD TV" for cats!). Can you and others in the house play with her a bit more? (Hesitate to suggest that since you are so busy these days.)

Thanks to all for your advice and encouragement! One step at a time!

Best,

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and fed and medicated - nice to see her hungry again. Flea meds today. Heat has been so bad that the fleas are disgusting.

Hoping everyone gets out of harms way with the hurricanes.

Saw a recipe on FB for roast sweet potato black bean burritos, sweet potato is grated like cheese before roasting and black beans are not refried ( I may mash them for texture) add onion and a little cheese..... they should freeze well.

Will try and get more sleep. Wave to all who follow. BBL.
  • velocity60
    velocity60 Posts: 83 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Saltine24 wrote: »
    Good morning all & Happy Friday!

So I have a bit of an issue - My bf took last Friday off of work so I went to bed at my usual time on Thursday, he woke me up standing over me & saying "You know I love you" once I was awake we went outside for a bit then I went to back to bed, couldn't sleep, so went back outside to where he was wanting to spend a bit more time with him, he looked up at me and said I should go back to bed bc I was crowding him! I thought that was kinda odd considering he was the one who woke me up to begin with. Then I found the dating site on his phone a couple days later as I was looking on his browser for YouTube. Have been struggling with it ever since, scared to confront him as I don't know (don't want to know) what this means. I have been trying to act normal around him, but just get a knot in my stomach when I think about him going on there.

I don't have anyone else to talk to about this and would appreciate some advise. :(

Wave to all who follows & have a great weekend!

Oh honey you are in my thoughts . I found something similar a while back & I just couldn't believe it . It's so bone shaking betrayal , I couldn't hide it . & the way I found the app open I swear to you was the most innocent thing possible , I was trying to shut off the loud sports radio . So I had to confront it . It may not seem like the right answer but it was for me . We talked it out ( that's an under statement in terms of volume & volume( loudness)). But it got resolved I felt . But it did hang there in the air for me for a while . It's been over a year & it's a very good relationship right now . So it did make it stronger I think . Watch today it will probably go down in flames ! Who can really say anything about love . It's so tenuous I feel , so lovely , so whimsical & always could be so fleeting . I hope things end well on this topic for you dear
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Good morning Everyone~~

Protein shake--done. On to the meditation, then the long walk up the Hudson. Three cruise ships in port today!
    Then Trader Joe's then home.
    Today will be a mostly veggie day because I ate a lot of chicken yesterday.

Sara - the recipe sounds good! You've got me liking sweet potatoes. Glad to hear that Tillie is doing better. Yuck about the fleas!

BBL

Lana

242.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - card in mail Monday keep eye out. Sounds like a nice walk.

Warmer temps tomorrow through Monday at least. I get the feeling Fall will be 2 weeks long.....
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
  • LanaCabana537
    edited September 2017
    Options

Sara - I looked at FB, and it looks yummy. Will give a try in NC, where the oven setup is better. Wait a minute.....how did they shred or grate the potatoes; I missed that.....

I am super tired from the day's outing--I clocked 3 miles!
    At the end of it, only two blocks from home, I ran into an old colleague of mine, (after going more than a year without running into anyone at all!) but thankfully he is always more than happy to talk about what he's been doing, and I got away with a nice little visit without having to tell him specific about my past year. That was good.

I came home and made myself a big martini.....If DH and I were still together, we'd be celebrating 18-year anniversary today. Instead, I am here alone with a nice cocktail and some bossa nova playing while I whip up a simple little dinner....

Now I need a GOOD movie to watch this evening......

....."Oh Cabana Boy......"

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - PS - I will keep my eyes peeled for the diplomatic pouch.......
  • tlsb2016
    Options
    Lana, YAY you on the mileage! And how nice you were able to have a good, unexpected visit with a former colleague. Living, and living positive (especially with a well-mixed martini) seems like the best way to spend a former anniversary.

Thinking of you,

Tess
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Saturday

Nice lunch with my 92 year old grandpa and some of my cousins. I stayed low-carb, high fat compliant by eating a cobb salad with ranch dressing. Proud of myself! Tonight DH is making hasselback chicken and we are trying a microwavable steamer back of a cauliflower rice veggie medley. I am a bit over on carbs today, but still much lower than usual and all healthy. Day 2 of no sweets or sugar! (Cousin insisted on a picture of our group today - I was closest to the camera and looked so pudgy. Then she posted on Facebook immediately and tagged me. Grrr! I untagged myself right away.)

Also got in a 2 mile walk with my daughter and our dog. The dog, by the way, is doing much better now that she's on allergy meds. :) My allergies are acting up a little bit, that darn corner of my left eye is pretty itchy today. Taking zyrtec and using my eye drops.

Beautiful day in MN. Kids are playing outside with friends. Windows open. Looking forward to a quiet evening of watching the last episode from last year's season of "Outlander" in preparation for the new season to start tomorrow!

Lana - good for you on the miles. Enjoy your martini! I am still fighting those sugar cravings but the high-fat helps keep a person satisfied.

Sara - burritos look good. Maybe when I'm not doing low carb...

Oh, and my parents are safe and sound near Atlanta. Although they are laughing because Hurricane Irma is now taking a track toward Atlanta so they will still experience a Category 1 Hurricane! HAHA!

Will CBL!

Annie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana I will be using a cheese grater.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Update: Hasseback chicken was AMAZING! Until I learned DH gave me more than a serving. I was already kinda high on calories today and that definitely put me over. :( The cauliflower rice veggie medley was actually pretty good. Will definitely buy again.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Annie- I recently tried Xyzal...I am very impressed! I take it at night, as it says "May cause drowsiness" I am almost perfect, the next day...I love it... after hundreds (haha) of years being miserable, it's nice to feel normal... although, this isn't the worst time of year for me, so it may just be that...I have not tried wearing my contacts to work, yet... that was a huge problem for me, all the pet dander and litter, really dried them out... if I can wear them successfully, I will be extremely happy
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Tess- love "HD TV" for cats :D
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Dog up medicated and fed. So far the medicine routine is working. Which means I have a bag of marshmallows in the house - oh well one in hot chocolate will not hurt.

Dog is doing much better - we got a 30 minute walk in yesterday and she was playing with a toy yesterday I thought she forgot about.....

Groceries and then inside. Air quality is marginal and I spent too much time yesterday stressing over how to install a computer software - so a nap would be welcome.

Will also make the burrito recipe I listed yesterday. Okay so nap is earned.

I also stepped on scale and # was down not up, so encouraging. Tomorrow weigh may be another story as usual.

Wave to all who follow. More ZZZ for me before dog walk / errands.