BBL to read....

Lana

242.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    New scales set in locker room. Thought I would take a gander just for fun. I want to take these things home with me - they give me much happier reading than my home scales! :o Completely clothed and middle of the day after lunch - they showed me at 152.5! I dont even want to get on the scales at home for fear of ruining my euphoric state! :D

current - 152.5
    highest - 216
    goal - 145
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    Hi all!!!

Annie - give your body a bit to adjust to the new eating habits and I bet the weight will start to drop. Hang in there!

Thanks, Kathy! I resisted the urge to eat a donut hole in the breakroom earlier today even though I feel stressed and wanted to cave in. Sticking with my plan!

• explodingmango
    explodingmango Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Tuesday:

Guess who's staying home from school because he got sick!

Answer: it's me. I'm not sure if it's a cold, a sinus infection, or god forbid the flu, but whatever it is I'm sore all over and I feel like someone lit a road flare, shoved it up my nose, and ran it all the way down into my stomach. This is what happens when I over-restrict, and I know it...hopefully this time remembering that will stop me from doing it again. I really want this coming year to be the thing that finally breaks me out of this cycle, once and for all.

One thing I know that will entail is continuing to watch myself as I try to recover from the sickness; this very often is a gateway into bingeing...the urge to just say "screw it" and eat everything in the kitchen in the hopes that it will build me up enough to beat this damned thing, whatever it is, is strong. Instead, I'm going to try playing the "how many recipes can I include orange juice, honey, and ginger in?" game - I don't know how much those ingredients actually help, but I like them and I know they don't hurt, so I'm gonna roll with it.

As for the discussion about EV charging: where are you located? Depending on where you are, those spaces can be a godsend. I'm out in LA County - practically every tenth car I see on the roads lately is a Tesla, I'm one of the first to hear about it as EV prices get lower, and, well...our traffic is legendary for how horrible it is for a reason. Depending on how long your commute is, it's pretty likely that you'll need to charge your car at work/school/whatever around here.

That said, a lot of public charging stations really are poorly implemented. I hope your landlord is going to handle this well...though judging by the way you talk about it I'm not gonna get my hopes up.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Kathryn- great WI! I never like what my scale says... but, I definitely prefer it's answer over work scale... it shows 8lbs heavier! YIKES! Home scale it is..

Today... what a crazy, hectic, not so great day....I truly felt like I barely stopped moving all day! I lifted, carried, moved so much... told Dr, if I didn't lose 5lbs today, I'd be mad...haha... nothing else, I should build muscle in this job...

Made it thru... tomorrow's a new day... can only hope it's a better one

Have a great night all...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,329 Member
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning, 2nd outing with dog saw a shooting star. We get meteor showers this time of year and I have actually never seen one, so I wasnt sure if it was a shooting star or my eye issue...... 1st outing dog got very wet with sprinklers (got to go when you got to go) and so we spent some time drying off and cuddling...

Air quality good which I have not seen in months, so window is open to air out awhile.

Taking last sweet potato/black bean burrito for lunch - rest of week it is cafe time. This might show up on the scale in a good way. Kathyrn use whatever scale motivates you.

Dawn - my yesterday was such that I was surprised I didnt have a headache at the end. Sounds like your job has variety and is not sitting all day like mine is.

Wave to all who follow. Have a great Wednesday.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - there is a lot of standing... helping patients, checking tests... but, there is quite a bit of moving... which is good....I have yet to lose a pound... but, maybe, I will shape up at least a little...

Love shooting stars... don't see them often...
    Hope you and Miss T got all dry... good luck at eye Dr... positive thoughts to you..

Have a great day all...
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Kathryn - bonus! A scale that gives you a better message. I'd stick with that scale too. :smiley:

Annie - good for you for overcoming temptation! Deciding to not eat that donut whole is a huge NSV. (thunderous applause)

Exploding - sorry you're sick! Good for you to realize this can be a gateway to bingeing and being conscious about not going down that road. (Thunderous applause for you too)

It's a gray, rainy, humid day in the nation's capital. But since this is the remainder of Hurricane Irma (I think), I'm definitely not complaining. I'll take a little rain over what our neighbors in Texas, Florida and the Caribbean have been suffering.

Dawn - hope you have a good day today! I guess that instead of "pumping iron" you are "pumping dog/cat"!

Waves to all! BBL

Tess
  • hickchic67
    Options
    Hello everyone!!

Sara - did you make a wish on that shooting star??

Dawn - I need to get up and move more with my job. too much sitting & clacking keyboards here.

Exp - sorry to hear you are sick. Good that you recognize the pitfalls and can work to avoid them!

Trying to stay warm in office today. Its gray and rainy as we get remnants of Irma. There is just a chill in the air that I cant seem to shake today.

*basking in sun on lounge chair with a hot chai to warm up*

• hickchic67
    Options
    Any one have suggestions for games to play at a co-ed baby shower??
  • explodingmango
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I'm really proud that I got to the high end of my daily intake range yesterday without going over (and I've gotta say, watching my intake while sick feels a bit like playing The Price is Right). Hoping to keep up that momentum today.

Good news #1: It's definitely just a minor sinus infection. The full body soreness has gone away; I still feel like someone shoved a lit road flare up my nose and into my throat, and now I have a bit of a sinus headache, but it's all getting better the longer I'm awake. I probably won't be back to 100% by tomorrow, but I'll at least be functional.

Good news #2: Boyfriend and I got our own washing machine today! No more choosing between laundromat hell and hand washing just for clean underwear! It's small (apartment sized), and until I go to Lowes to pick up some hardware (which I'll do either later today or tomorrow after school) I have to fill it manually, but...that just means that for now, I'm keeping myself moving despite being too sick to go to the gym.

Good news #3: I'm signing up for my first 5K in October! I'm excited about it. It was a spur of the moment decision when I saw one coming up near me, but I'm going for it.

Sara: I have to admit that I got irrationally happy when I heard about that shooting star. I love meteor showers. Did you make a wish? I hope you get to see more!

Kathryn: If that scale motivates you more, keep using it! Personally, I switch between units of measurement depending on what I need to see (if I want to feel like I'm already lighter, I use kilograms; if I want to see progress look faster, I use pounds) - so I completely feel you on that situation. Teaching yourself to get healthy involves playing a lot of mind games with yourself, after all.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,839 Member
    Options

Quick check in - hello to all. Very tired from long day, which ended with my refrigerator ceasing to light up or cool (power source is good). Repairman coming tomorrow morning. I tried to fix the problem with a pint of Ben & Jerry's. How easily I can fall into old behaviors.

I need to go back and read all the posts.

Hugs to all~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Good evening,

Kathryn did you read my Sept 12th note - I listed 3 ideas for baby shower..... or maybe you did.

Eye very dilated and retinal is not the issue, have a neuro ophthalmology apt next month. Cant medicate or do surgery but need to track what is going on. I celebrated with a large 3 musketeers bar ( hit wrong # on vending machine - but in the long run a better choice)

Exploding - consider ginger candy for post nasal drip nausea and honey in a little hot water to soothe your throat. Only saw the one shooting star, but will look up more this week - never know.

Frozen lasagna for dinner.

Will stop by when I can read better.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Today was not near as "exciting" ... which, I will not complain about...a little too slow.. but, it's ok to have a break from hectic... yes, I am "pumping dog and cat" lol...I helped carry 3 dogs 60- 80lbs each, yesterday... :# that's far from typical, thankfully... but, what a day..
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning, overcast and so no star watching. Window open to cool things off with any luck.

Cafe today/tomorrow, will make my best choices and remember to walk breaks. Dog is doing better so we get more walking in more often, sometimes it is too dark and she is not interested in wandering too far.

Oatmeal - consider putting cheese (cheddar etc or even ricottta) / fruit / nuts for variety.

Will lurk from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,839 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Good morning~~

Mango - Congratulations on the new washing machine. I can appreciate that luxury, as I do not have one, and I do the "laundromat schlep" and hand washing.

Must shower before the 9 to 12 time slot starts for the refrigerator repair man to come. So crossing fingers that he can replace a part. I don't want the hassle of getting a new one because they just don't make them as nice as they did in 2005--I love this model, from back when Maytag bothered to make a nice refrigerator.

Sara - the cheese in the oatmeal sounds good - I've done it to up the protein. Why not?

*tossing hat and bag onto favorite lounge chair*

Lana
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Thursday

Have to run to the DMV this morning to renew my license. I almost forgot and my license expires on Monday! Yikes! Hoping I don't have to wait too long. (Hate getting my picture taken, too!) Hoping I can pass the eye exam without my glasses. :)

Scale was kinder and dropped another pound to 160.4. That is exciting and motivates me to stick with what I'm doing. TOM finally appeared today, so I assume some of this is water weight even though I didn't feel puffy through my fingers and ankles (but my midsection definitely has been bloated.)

Daughter's first volleyball game of the season tonight. Here we go! We'll have 3 nights of games per week for the next few weeks. But at least the season only goes to mid-October.

Lana - good luck with repairman. Keeping fingers crossed for you!

Sara - I'm sorry to hear about your eye. Hoping you find some answers soon.

Mango - washing machines are great!

HOT and humid here today in MN.

Enjoy your day! Will lurk from work.

Annie
    Today's weight: 160.4
    Highest weight: 177.8
    Goal: 145.0
  • hickchic67
    Options
    The countdown is on - NINE days until the wedding!

I was doing quite well until last night's dinner. Got a little crazy with the Kodiak Cakes. I whipped up a batch with bananas and almonds. They tasted too good because I ended up eating 2 servings plus syrup. :/ On the bright side - it pushed my protein intake over the top! :)

Sara - yes, NOW I read your post. dont know how I had skipped over it. seems I skipped over quite a few. maybe my computer didn't refresh like it should have. makes me wonder what else I have missed since I have been on here!
    Good to hear they are following up on your eye issue. How is your sight today?
    Cheese in oatmeal? Never thought of it before. Then again, not sure I could actually do it. Guess I more accustomed to sweet oatmeal rather than savory cause that does not sound appetizing to me.

Exp - congrats on the washer! I remember the days of laundromats all too well. It was always a challenge with 2 children in tow.

Lana - Good luck with fridge. We tried to eke out as many years as we possibly could out of ours, but finally had to replace our Maytag with an Amana bottom-freezer about 8 years ago. Been very happy with it. Dishwasher is on its last legs after faithful service for 15 years and our washer just started to leak so who knows what will happen with it. Since it is over 10 years old, I dont hold out hope. No matter how trite it sounds - they just dont make things like they used to.

Tess - has the weather lightened up at all? the rain seems to have stopped and skies are getting brighter today. its been so cool for so long but this weekend we are supposed to bounce back up into the high 80s. i guess we go back to yo-yoing temps again.

• explodingmango
    Options
    Lana: Good luck with the repairman. I don't blame you for not wanting to replace it; appliance manufacturing is ridiculous - unless you're looking at some kind of smart fridge, it feels like these things just get worse even though the technology to make them is improving. :/

Sara: Good luck with the doctors. Ricotta cheese in oatmeal sounds pretty good - I'm not sure about any other cheeses because the only way I've ever liked oatmeal even a little is as a sweet dish, but...I've just gotta say: ricotta and strawberries. I've had crepes with that combination as filling and it's amazing.

Thursday update: The infection seems to be subsiding. I'm heading back to school in a few minutes after having missed only one day of each of my classes except one (which I haven't missed at all).

Despite being sick, getting the washing machine gave me a push to be productive yesterday. I did a lot of cleaning - obviously including most of our laundry (though not all, because although the washer doubles as a spin dryer, it doesn't get things completely dry; I couldn't put the first few loads away yet). The apartment looks better than it has in months. Hoping to keep up that momentum after class tonight.

In less fun news, I'm suddenly realizing just how messed up my perception of size is. I giot this gorgeous new vest yesterday - it's an Asian men's "one size fits most" - stretchy back - and my mixed race butt fits in it with minimal stretching. Yet as I was washing my clothes, I came across a pair of my jeans and all I could think was "...wow these things are huge." I'm not quite sure what to make of it, and I've known for a while that my perception is Off (I wear only 1-2 pants sizes sizes larger than my very slim boyfriend...who is also fully half a foot shorter than me), that was another moment of wondering just how much I can trust myself.

It also makes me wonder, knowing my body fat percentage, exactly what I'm going to look like once I get into my target range. Apparently I have a smaller build than I ever realized.

At any rate, this is where I need to head off for school. I'll be lurking on my phone when I get the chance, but for now, I'm off.