Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

Good morning All~~

TGIF - The Cabana Boys have special pool-side cocktails and snacks for us at the end of the day!

I am grateful for the sunny day today. More sun gets into the Chapel Hill back yard and my windows when the trees have lost their leaves. Love it--so different than the NYC Cave.

Annie - I hope you feel better soon, all the way around.

Sara - have a good day at work~~

Waving to Saltine and Samuels and Missy and Tess and Kathryn and Dawn and Annmarie and the new peeps whose names I have to learn.

Lana

244.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    gn9n5jbkbdgi.jpg
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,351 Member
    Options
    At work, hey Lana - remember the lady who I gifted my car to? She came over today over a year later to thank me and I was thinking - what does this chick want now? She was asking about crochet help and that had better be it, she spent her lifetime account with me.

Love the gadget above, does it dispense something?

BBL.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Phew day is over, frozen lasagna in oven.

Thinking of meals for next week and the breakfast burritos were so good that I will create more of those.

Running to Lana's Palm Tree (as best as one can - I do it better virtually!!) with Miss T - foot massages and pet brushing already ordered.

Wishing all a great night.
  • Ammey68
    Ammey68 Posts: 65 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'm discovering that trying to read and respond to all of these on just a phone is impossible! I used to use MFP and this group at work on that computer, and it worked great. Now, my current work blocks Facebook on their networks... Since I use Facebook to log in to MFP, I can't check it or respond to this group!

Anyone know of a way to fix this?!

Also, I was offered a doughnut again today. I ate it this time. It had oink frosting; I think that's why I caved. I'm kind of bummed. I'm at about 1700 calories though and nearly walked my 10,000, so maybe they'll balance each other out? So much for everyone's encouragement over the last doughnut! Here's hoping tomorrow will be better.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Dog up earlier, set alarm and alarm woke me up which is rare anymore. Will get more sleep before breakfast?

Normal errands. Took last bag of pulled pork and will make pork fried rice today. Tomorrow will be breakfast burritos so with any luck 6 meals in the freezer.

Ammey - key is eating doughnuts in the past - did you ever worry that maybe you needed to do more exercise to balance it out? If not, you are still ahead of the game because you like me probably did not give it another thought (if you were me you were wondering if you could have another one). Good job for at least giving the doughnut a better perspective. Phone and MFP -I use computer - my work hasnt blocked it - yet.

BBL.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    gn9n5jbkbdgi.jpg

Sara - I assumed it is just a bell to call them...... Well, in our MFP Cabana Club, that is what it is--a bell!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    At work, hey Lana - remember the lady who I gifted my car to? She came over today over a year later to thank me and I was thinking - what does this chick want now? She was asking about crochet help and that had better be it, she spent her lifetime account with me.

Love the gadget above, does it dispense something?

BBL.

Sara - Interesting about Car-Crochet Lady. When you say "she came over today", did you mean she came over to your work area or to your home? A year is a long time, but better late than never. Some people just are the way they are. I understand what you mean about the "lifetime account".
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Annmarie, I understand about doing this thread on a phone---very very difficult. It's OK to just check in and say hi, but almost impossible to refer back and forth to other's posts and then posting responses.

I access this thread on my laptop by using my browser to come to the MFP site. I have our thread's first page bookmarked. Try skipping FaceBook.

Come in directly to http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10427391/serial-starters/p1?new=1, which is our thread, OR to the main page of MFP and get yourself logged in.

Hopefully you can get your work computer to do this.

Lana

244.4 again today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Forgot to say hello to everyone else today - I hope you all have a good weekend~~

For me, simple food today and tomorrow: scrambled eggs, soup & salad, leftover chicken + veggies from the freezer.

Gloomy outside here. Tess may have cloudy weather too~~

Lana
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    We do indeed have cloudy weather today, Lana. The sun keeps trying to break through but isn’t having much success.

Saturday...trying to make headway on my to-do list for Christmas while also free mid game time for a quick trip to the gym before it closes at 6:00. May try to tackle Christmas cards (yes, we still send them!), some online shopping....

Annmarie, I use the MFP app exclusively. I love it for tracking but it does make responding to these posts challenging!

Sara, I’m always amazed and impressed by how organized you are! Inspiring....

Waves to all. Will try to check in later.

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Tess - thank you but organized does not always mean tidy.

Lana- car lady was looking at my crochet trees at work. She knows where I live but not what unit.

Went to Ross to buy boot socks and measuring cups for Christmas presents - such a good deal I got a pair of socks for myself and set of metal measuring cups for myself (gift for lady has a nice solid plastic measuring cup set as well). Portion control is vital and she just started WW. Got a box of Starbucks hot chocolate peppermint splitting into 3 - 2 ladies and me.

"Christmas shopping" is done at least I think so. Knitting headbands for coworkers will be an ongoing project for a couple of weeks.

Cold and foggy here so not direct sun here either.
    e0o0h50ix8q7.png

BBL
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    This is why I get frustrated and give up so easy. I weighed myself 4 days ago, I was up 6lbs... expected... weigh myself yesterday, down 4lbs.... doubtful...I bought a pair of jeans, purposefully 2 sizes bigger, I know they'll shrink...the pants that are smaller, fit better! I just don't get it...I have not been eating well at all, I don't believe I lost weight... and, jeans are the worst thing to have to buy! I have 1 pair that fit great.... they don't make them, anymore! Blah...sorry for the rant...

Good to see everyone! Welcome back Ammey! Always welcome to come back! Welcome new people! Yer always welcome, as well...

• Tilliesmommy1
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Good evening,

Have a work order for potential mold under kitchen cabinet and I just found mold to the right of the dishwasher that was just replaced :s - I am hoping for a solution not excuses, but we shall see. Update - have an appointment tomorrow with maintenance to assess issue.

Breathe in and release.

Pork fried rice ended up being pork, brown rice and broccoli only. Pretty good though.

Wishing all a great night.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- mold... not good... and, it wasn't noticed when dishwasher was replaced.... goodness... hope you can get it taken care of, soon
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn - I told the man who works in the office about the man who replaced my dishwasher and asked if I need to be in my apartment at the time I need 24 notice so I can take time off. And yes, I hope so as well. It took these people a week to figure out the problem. I kept hearing the "three stooges" theme in my head.......

off to use my new rose/lavender/chamomile aroma therapy
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Did not turn on humidifier and kept hearing this beeping I think neighbor has an alarm system.

Apt today for them to come look at mold/mildew - will buy bleach at store and will have to ventilate place probably for most of day. So nice that it is chilly out.......

Dog up and fed, sleep was not to good last night, so I am hoping for a little more.

BBL
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Dawn - I told the man who works in the office about the man who replaced my dishwasher and asked if I need to be in my apartment at the time I need 24 notice so I can take time off. And yes, I hope so as well. It took these people a week to figure out the problem. I kept hearing the "three stooges" theme in my head.......

off to use my new rose/lavender/chamomile aroma therapy

Three Stooges... oh my... yer lucky it was installed at all... hope today goes better for you... fingers crossed, good thoughts and, Cabana Boys to you!
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Sara, good luck with the mold issue! I’m impressed you can get someone to look at it on a Sunday.

Saturday’s dreariness has made way for a gloriously sunny Sunday with a crisp coldness to the air. Made my long Sunday walk that much more enjoyable.

Hope to tackle some of my Christmas to-do list today, along with laundry. What’s everyone else up to today?

BBL

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Tess, enjoy your sunshine and good luck with the "to do " list.

Knitting/baking sweet potatoes, making breakfast burritos for dinners. May have to ventilate place so have to stay close by.....

Rained last night - wasnt in paper forecast - not surprised, so sun is out and bright today.

BBL.