Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Ammey68 wrote: »
    It's actually the Minneapolis City Hall! Just a few blocks from where I work. We're renting it out for a Saturday morning ceremony. Again, I'M SO EXCITED. My fiance is absolutely exhausted with my level of excitement. (and corresponding level of stress)

Late night thoughts - you know those chips they give people in AA and other such groups? Like the 30 day/90 day/etc. I think they should have them for us serial starters too. It's my diet attempt number.... 284948?! But I just finished day 8.

It is beautiful! Congratulations!

I like yer thoughts on chips... attempt 28950... day 3..haha
  • arniedog74
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Sorry I missed last night. Very windy here (which is normal but rare in the last couple of years) and I crashed early.

Fan on kitchen area to dry it out all night long - slept well?? Not so sure.

Annmarie - that is a fabulous photo!! My father and his choir sings Saturday at the State Capitol and says the acoustics are incredible. Will you be married under the rotunda? Consider giving yourself non food rewards - good shampoo / conditioner, pedicure/ manicure, or clothing as your weight goes down. That is just a short list of possibilities.

The two loud people at work will be back today - it was so nice and quiet yesterday with little drama. Earphones, please - snapping fingers at Cboys.

Belvita cookies are popular with people at work and I dont know what the serving size is, but I would exceed it daily at work, which is why my ginger lemon creme cookies (Carr) and coconut macaroon cookies (dont know company name) stay at home and I went well over my calories last night. Sad but true. Banana and pear/apple and sweet potato are my snacks at work.

Water and walking. Lets see how well today goes.

Wave to all who follow. Hang in there it is only one day.

Belvita comes 4 to a pack, serving is 4...I'm eating cinnamon and brown sugar, 230 calories per serving....

Hope you survive the noisy neighbors...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,351 Member
    Options
    Dawn - Lots of visitors over here, but luckily it is not too loud.

Belvita - would have to make sure to keep box at home...... but that is not bad calorie wise. But I know I dont walk 230 calories in a day......
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Running through on my way home....

Annmarie - what a gorgeous venue! Your wedding will be magical.

Annie - ooo Christmas cookies! What kind did you make? My baking weekend is in two weeks - that’s when the temptation will begin in earnest! And take a deep breath & jump on the scale. Don’t let the fear hold you back - once you know the number, you know what you’re dealing with. Then forgive yourself, move on and come back here for support and C-boys. ;)

Sara - was it as noisy as you feared today?

Igpc, welcome! You are among good company here...

Hmm, haven’t tried Belvita; the name sounded too much like “Velveeta”! But am now intrigued.

Gotta run - bus is almost at the stop. Waves to all.

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lgpc -welcome this is an open thread. Stop by and post when you can.

Tess - you crack me up - belvita/ Velveeta - but you are right!! I am eating my macaroon cookies as they have actual coconut in them and they chew a little longer.

Lasagna in toaster.

"Elephant" / air dryer still in kitchen blowing- I have a "kitten" comment to make and cant..... use your imagination.

If anyone eats at Chili's for lunch what can you recommend? we have $15 budget for a work lunch and I am not very familiar with the place.

Found myself humming Johnny Mathis "Chances Are" for good part of work today. Nice change from Christmas carols.....

Time to scoot. Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- I love Chili's... but, I have not ate there in years, so not sure what is still available or "healthy" my friend and I would most often split appetizers or a meal, so I didn't feel so bad...as far as cost, should not be too difficult to stay under $15, especially for lunch...
  • Kristina79Marie
    Kristina79Marie Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

I just used an HIIT app on my phone. 7 minutes workout and I’m sweating, heart is nearly cardiac, hair matted to my face, but I feel good that I did it. Just goes to show how truly out of shape I am.

Water intake is getting better. Mixed between water and Propel watermelon. Food, not so much.

It’s now 32 degrees here and supposed to snow.

I just found out since I am an employee at the school I can use the high school fitness center for free! Cha-Ching!!!!! I’m on it captain!

Have a great day everyone!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Dawn, they have lunch combos - fries and this cake thing with a half sandwich is looking to be my "best" choice.

Kristina - points for doing your workout. Use that new resource!! Someone who gets up as early as I do!

Lana - how is your world?

Oatmeal ready and maybe more sleep.

Lurking from work - drama queen gets another new employee and one of hers just gave 2 week notice - love my earphones.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

Hi All~~

I wrote a post, I thought, on Monday, but it seems I never hit the green button?

Then, yesterday was a really big/busy day--will tell you all more later.

Right now rushing to get to a meeting at my union......

BBL to read posts and make a civilized response.

Lana
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    just popping in for a moment from work.

yesterday was hit with migraine. i am going to guess it was triggered by 35 degree change in weather. went from 65 to 30 between 3 - 5am Tues. i woke up at 4:30 with what felt like an icepick shoved through my eye socket into my brain. took 4 rounds of 2 different meds to finally knock it out. i was in bed till 7pm. feel pretty blah today.

of course, i was under on my calorie intake yesterday. also missed my daily walkfit with co-workers. not sure i am up to the exercise today though.

*snapping fingers for head & foot massage from Cboys*

• arniedog74
    Options
    Kristina - I think about doing HIIT... just no motivation... good for you... and, early morn... go you!

Sara - sounds like a good choice for lunch... sometimes, it is hard to make the best decision when eating out...

Lana - hi! Good to see you... even for a moment..

Kathryn - I know the feeling about drastic weather changes and headaches...we went from almost 70 to 35 for a high, in 24 hrs... ugh... no snow, thankfully...I couldn't figure out what my headaches were from... then, it dawned on me...I occasionally get them TOM... which, hit early... how nice... stay warm and hope yer head feels better!

Back to work I go!
    Have a great day!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi Everybody~~

You all have been so busy here, I don't know if I'll get everybody in.....

Sara - I'm hoping that your kitchen gets settled soon. Sorry that noisy work neighbors are back. I will have to look up these Bellavita cookies that everyone is talking about, but I have a serious portion control problem, so maybe I shouldn't? You are smart to cook a lot of your meals for yourself--salty food is a big problem for me.

Annie - Glad that the closing date is set. The cookies in your freezer are calling to me all the way here on the East Coast!
    Tess, can you hear those cookies in Washington DC?

Kathryn and Dawn - Cabana Boys should have brought you both the anti-headache spray.....hope things are/get better.

Kristina - where do you live?

Annmarie - the wedding place looks beautiful! Good for you!

I think I might put all my clothes back on and go for a little walk--add some more exercise to the day.

Waves to anyone else who stops by~~

Lana

245.0 up today; drat
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Fan to be running another 2 days- maintenance company has day off today, so keep the fan running to make sure. I am thinking of reward for this - any suggestions?

Coconut cookies - not mass produced, bad one in the end of the package, will seek new cookie - Belvita? Looking up as we speak. 6 flavors in the "crunchy" type and no corn syrup, hydrogenated oil no artificial color/sweeteners - all the things I am trying not to eat. Hmmmmm.......

Microsoft update froze computer not knowing I rebooted computer, so poopy on it. No Acorn TV last night, so maybe tonight.

Our subsection gets an hour/half lunch today - I am hearing people considering drinking - are they really that stupid?? Not a safe thing to do at company sponsored event, but there you go.

Jewelry sale - family who runs it husband/father is not doing well and is at home - radiation treatments. I will take the 3 scarves I have to see if he/his wife or daughter would like one.

Wave to all who follow
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - reward idea popped into my head. It's a long shot: since this annoyance/fans are in your kitchen, how about a cute new little kitchen thing, such as some colorful measuring cups from Farberware (best not in the dishwasher), but they are cute for under $5 at grocery stores, or a pretty colored plastic dish washable cutting board to cheer up the place? A new veggie cutting knife?
    Hope you soon find fix for Acorn and computer.

Once I got older and wiser, I learned to not have alcohol at company functions, opening nights, backstage after-show parties.

Story from company Christmas party decades ago:
    A beautiful young woman stagehand colleague of mine was looking ravishing at the shop Christmas party (stage lighting equipment rental company all decorated). She was a redhead wearing a stunning green and gold-accent dress.
    Well she had had a few, and I saw her in the ladies room. She was about to leave to go back out into the party, and I stopped her as she went out the door. She did not know that the back of her dress had gotten caught up in the top of her nude-colored pantyhose (no underwear), and she almost walked out there with her entire happy behind in full view.
    Gah.

BBL
    *tossing hat and beach bag onto favorite lounge chair*

Lana

244.4 today
    250.0 highest
    239.0 mini goal for Dec 31 (crazy, but possible)
    185.0 goal
  • Kristina79Marie
    Kristina79Marie Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Did the 7 app this morning. I can now hardly move. So worth it.

Lana-northern Kentucky, I can see downtown Cincinnati.

In a hurry today! Have a great Thursday everyone!!

Kristina
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - I got 2 sets of measuring cups metal and plastic for coworker just starting WW - I got a metal one for myself, if they had had 2 of the plastic I would have gotten another as they were Kitchen aid and solid.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Kristina - i think you are my nearest "neighbor" as I am in south central Indiana.
    once upon a time I did some 7 minute apps. i need to get back into that habit. its amazing how hard you can work out in just 7 minutes

Lana - thank goodness you said something to the lady about her dress/pantyhose issue. that stunt is too easy to do with tights/pantyhose - another reason i try to avoid them!

Sara - still waiting?! Gah! have them shave a couple bucks off rent to cover the extra electricity you are having to pay for that fan running all the time.

Ammey - i can not see the photo you shared of your wedding venue but from everyone's reactions, it must be beautiful! congrats!

neurologist prescribed more migraine meds. i really do not want to go on a daily preventative med, so i will continue to try to knock them out as they occur.

have a business dinner tonight with contract company & co-workers. tomorrow "working lunch" with the entire building complete with ugly sweater contest and white elephant gift exchange. will try and make good choices as I navigate through the maze of restaurant & holiday foods.

ugh! just realized i am a good 10 pounds heavier than when I joined this group. i know its due to the bad year & depression i've had and NOT this group! you guys have been a lifesaver!

167 - current
    216 - heaviest
    145 - goal

• tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hey Kathryn - don’t think of it as having gained weight, look at it as having successfully kept off nearly 50 pounds despite having the worst year ever. You deserve a medal!

Cheers,

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Tracked today as best I could, yes it is RED..... Glad I dont eat like that all the time. Wowie.

Kathryn, I am the one insisting that area be assessed for mold, hence the fans, so I will just have to pay for the electricity - however I also get free bottled water and tea/coffee from their office - so that will increase to help compensate.....

Tess - thank you for the reminder to Kathryn - glass is half full on this board....

I've had dresses of polyester where I could not tell between nylons and dress - and I think we have all done something like that once. Former coworker - couple jobs back - used to have paper toilet seat stuck out of her pants, I stopped her the second time to tell her, she was putting the paper cover on backwards which promoted it staying with her. But in order for her to get to our department from the bathroom, she passed a good dozen of people who did not tell her.....

Salad for dinner, Stay warm and have a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Kathryn - Tess is absolutely right!
    Cabana Boys are bringing you a medal......

Lana