Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the support! I think you can share on the 7 app, more motivation!!!!

Welcome to the group Joana!! I joined this group not too long ago and now I am hooked! Everyone here has become my habit and it has helped tremendously!

Queen waves from freezing NKY!!!!

Is this only on Apple? I looked on Google Play, but wasn't sure which one... thanks for the motivation! Now, if I can get started and stick to it!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - you sound like me... even the thought of hurting myself and I hurt myself... and, I have the same priorities... can't afford new pants ... hope yer ok..
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hi Joana - welcome aboard! This particular board is tremendously helpful and supportive. No guilt, no recriminations- just support. An occasional gentle kick in the “kitten” if we are feeling a bit too sorry for ourselves but done with kindness and understanding. And cabana boys...

Waves to all,

Tess
  • arniedog74
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Welcome Joana! This is a great place to come for encouragement and motivation! Stop by often!

Kathryn- I'm hoping to sell Scentsy for awhile... not a salesperson, so guess I shall see...I only have a few customers, but they are repeat... if your DD and DIL don't have a consultant, you are more than welcome to give them my info...the more merrier!
    https://dawnleach.scentsy.us/party/8705544

Waves to Lana and everyone else!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Kristina- what surgery are you having? Good thoughts to you.... hope all goes well...
  • Kristina79Marie
    Kristina79Marie Posts: 580 Member
    Options

Is this only on Apple? I looked on Google Play, but wasn't sure which one... thanks for the motivation! Now, if I can get started and stick to it! [/quote]

im not sure if it is just apple, I would think it wouldn't be. the app icon is a 7 and the name of the creator(?) is Perigee. Seven-7 minute workout, see if you can find it that way. let me know if you do, would love to support!
  • arniedog74
    Options

Is this only on Apple? I looked on Google Play, but wasn't sure which one... thanks for the motivation! Now, if I can get started and stick to it!

im not sure if it is just apple, I would think it wouldn't be. the app icon is a 7 and the name of the creator(?) is Perigee. Seven-7 minute workout, see if you can find it that way. let me know if you do, would love to support![/quote]

Thank you! I will see if I can find it...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,351 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Knee is wrapped in my "ice" gel for awhile, no pain, just being careful. I am wondering if those of us who are "falling apart" - is it because we try and do too much? try to keep up with the younger people? ask too much of ourselves? Just wondering.

Dawn - thinking of combining the christmas spruce with the apple/cedar/cinnamon...

My my, "kitten" came up before I got to post - we are censored and things/body parts/ foul names get called "kitten" so I was walking home thinking of this post, knowing "kitten" would pop up and yes it was Tess my "kitten" in crime who beat me to it. Problem was I forgot if Kitten was a person or thing. Lets see if I can remember.....

Frozen lasagna in oven. Dog at my feet. World is pretty okay. With any luck I can be reading a romance novel while icing my knee again later with dog in my lap.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Kristina - I think I found it... it doesn't say HIIT, does it? Is it animated, kinda...the one I found, has Challenges, connect with friends... loses hearts if you miss a day...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - sounds like a good combo... interested to know how it smells... please let me know... curious minds want to know... hope your knee feels better... yes, I do believe we do too much... expect too much of ourselves... along with, not eating right, not taking good care of myself, I know this is the cause of at least part of my issues... getting old is not as fun as I thought it would be...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn - could Kathryn have an online party through you and get "credits" towards her own purchase?
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - yes she definitely could! See, told you I'm not a salesperson....I thought of mentioning it, but remembered how hectic things had been for Kathryn, I decided against it...I should just open my mouth...thank you very much for bringing it out of me...

Kathryn - you can do an online party, and earn discounted product with a qualifying party .. all you would have to do, is share posts on FB, if you are on there... or, solely online, I would set it up and you invite people to come to my website... just a thought...even if not for Christmas, after first of year...the deadline for Christmas Delivery is the 18th, so not sure if it would be enough time for Christmas...

See, I feel like I'm pushy... this is why I can't get my business going...I feel bad....
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    But you can help each other- why is that pushy?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    mf66qr2qoh0u.png

z7088g7x97es.png

• arniedog74
    Options
    But you can help each other- why is that pushy?

Very true... thank you
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Tuesday night

Crazy, crazy, crazy! That is my life right now. Holiday baking has been completed and nearly all of the Christmas cards are in the mail. Packaging up gifts to mail to my nephews in Washington state and a little gift for my mom who is currently stationed in Houston, TX, with my dad's job. Still need to buy stocking stuffers for my boys and gifts for the parents who live here. Lots of wrapping to do.

Work is busy but I try not to let it get to me. DS in college will finish the semester tomorrow night. Yay! Proud of him pulling straight A's. With all of the credits he completed during high school, he will technically be a junior at the beginning of spring semester. The younger two kids (8th grade and 2nd grade) keep me hopping with their homework and activities. They start their Christmas break on December 22nd and it can't come soon enough!

This is my last week of physical therapy. It hasn't cured me, but I am stronger and maybe will be able to ward off any major pain or flare ups by continuing the exercises at home and at the gym. I have to go buy a foam roller to help release some of the tightness in my hip flexors and piriformus muscles. I'll miss going to PT but won't miss the co-pays.

Experiencing some frustration as we learned our insurance plan is changing pharmacy benefit managers and the new company will no longer cover my daughter's Adderall which she takes for ADHD. So, have a call in to her doctor to discuss other options. Grrr! She struggles enough but her Adderall gives her just enough support without any bad side effects. I worry that changing meds will upset the apple cart at school and/or also cause unpleasant side effects.

I know I sound like a broken record - but today is Day 2 of no pop. I tried to go for Day 2 of no coffee, as well, but ended up having a couple of small cups with sugar free creamer. Second day of no candy or sweets at work and very little at home. Did a no-no by having a grilled cheese sandwich with my tomato soup tonight, though. (Trying to avoid breads/potatoes/pasta right now.) I did make it to the Y tonight while DD was at tae kwon do and walked 2 miles on the track, so that was a positive.

29 days until we move. We have packed quite a bit and put a lot in storage but feel we can't do much more until after Christmas. It's going to get CRAZY after that! Still nervous about the bigger house payment and working hard to get DH on board with planning and sticking with a budget. I used to be SO GOOD and planning and following a budget and putting $$ in savings - but over 23 years of marriage he has kind of derailed me. Honestly sometimes looking at our budget and bills gives me anxiety and I don't know why. It shouldn't. So, working on that.

Sara - I love your memes about Tuesday. Great job with the WI! Hope your knee feels better soon. I can totally relate to the feeling of "falling apart."

Welcome to every one new! And hello to all the people I've chatted with in the past. Sorry I've been so hit-or-miss lately. It's just life right now.

Annie
  • Kristina79Marie
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Kristina - I think I found it... it doesn't say HIIT, does it? Is it animated, kinda...the one I found, has Challenges, connect with friends... loses hearts if you miss a day...

YYYYEEEESSSSS!!!! and its like a teal color!!
  • Kristina79Marie
    Options
    I do not think you are being pushy with your scentsy. it would be no different than a store sending out their weekly flyer showing scented wax bars for sale. at least if we purchase from you we are actually helping you and your business not some over sized money hungry corporation. I would prefer helping a small local business thrive than corporations. I'm trying to sell the 7 app to everyone and I don't even make money from it!!!

I was forbidden from buying more right now as I have two scentsy warmer boxes full of bars lol but coconut lemongrass is my favorite!!!
  • Kristina79Marie
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Sara - sounds like a good combo... interested to know how it smells... please let me know... curious minds want to know... hope your knee feels better... yes, I do believe we do too much... expect too much of ourselves... along with, not eating right, not taking good care of myself, I know this is the cause of at least part of my issues... getting old is not as fun as I thought it would be...

I eat great during the day but once I get home I can't resist stupid food like handfuls of peanuts or the old fashioned candy jar sitting inconspicuously next to the couch. or the tuna casserole I made two nights ago.

my age is kicking my butt unfortunately, according to my doctor, I may be 38 but I have the back, hips and knees of an 70 year old who has been in 2 major car accidents. I will be darned if I don't push myself to do what a 25 yr old can do!!! hear me roar ladies!!!!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Knee is doing okay and that is a nice outcome. Getting on floor to deal with dog/leash - dicey but I may pick her up and leash her on a higher spot.

Romance novel went out the door when I realized my computer and my security program were not working together - chatted online with rep and I needed an updated version- 2 1/2 hours later (set alarm to wake up later) and all is okay. "Calgon take me away" kind of evening. So I set hot water bottle, realized I needed clean socks - ran load of wash - had clean/warm sheets with a hot- ish water bottle when I finally got there. Comfort ladies- dont forget to ration yourself some.

Oatmeal waiting, wave to all who follow.