Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,351 Member
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning, TGIF!!

Hoping fan in kitchen can go away, I am used to the sound but it is an elephant in my kitchen. Hope to have a "chat" with the maintenance Supervisor.....

Lady at work spoke of a heat/massage wrap she bought on TV and I went to Amazon and the reviews were not good, so maybe I will just keep looking. Lana kitchen ideas is a good one.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,893 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Sara - I hope you can indeed talk with your maintenance supervisor, as it is Friday, and that person may work only Monday through Friday?

My Idea for the rest of this month and holidays:

Pick up to 5 events or days that you want to indulge, do it, and enjoy.

But before and around those days/parties/events, commit to eating very healthy foods at your other meals. Shop and keep the fruits and veggies at hand, at work and at home.
    Get in some exercise!

This may mean making a special rule about those holiday cookies that seem to be everywhere just sitting out in abundance.

Don't wait until January 2nd to remember your goals.

*snapping fingers to have Cabana Boys stow away the Cabana Club Soap Box*

Waves to all who stop by today~~

Lana

243.0 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal for this time next year
  • Ammey68
    Ammey68 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, you guys post so much! I’ve been sick this week (today is actually the worst day so far) and it’s hard to keep up with everything. Looks like I’ve been in the same boat as Kathryn – I hope she’s feeling better!

Sara – Yes, we’ll be married in the rotunda of the City Hall. It’s absolutely beautiful! I laughed at your toilet paper seat story.

Kristina – Great job on the workouts! Especially if you’re out of shape, it’s hard to get back into it again. Points for you!

Lana – I love your idea about the indulge days/meals/parties. Maybe I’ll have to use that at my family Christmas part tomorrow – eating yummy food for ONE meal can’t be that bad, right? It might actually keep me on track anyways, since then I’ll feel better. But it’s also a bit scary because I don’t want to fall off the bandwagon again.

I really wanted to write more, but my brain is foggy and my nose is dripping all over. Gahh. I started my new job in May and they only gave me ONE sick day for all of 2017 (some BS about pro-rating them, but it wasn’t fair – existing employees got 8 days). So, alas, here I am at work. I’ll keep watching the comments and such but I may not post again until my brain returns to normal functioning.

Happy Friday, all! Today is my day 12, I think. It's (by far) my best streak since last summer!

Starting weight on 11/27/17: 180.8
    Today: 175.6
    Wedding goal: 150.0
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara- hope that elephant is gone, today... along with the mold...

Lana - I love your ideas..I'm usually pretty good at ignoring goodies...I just don't eat great at other times... I'm fairly good at portion control.. just not great choices...

Kristina - what is the App you use? I need to get my butt moving...

Ammey - hope you feel better soon...I was sick for over a week in Oct... hoping that's all my sickness for the season..

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Annmarie - Don't feel bad about making "hit and run" posts here. No need to write long stuff, just write "Hi" and hit the "post reply" button. I hope you feel better soon. Sorry you have to work!

Waving to Dawn - hope you have a good day today.

I just realized it is FRIDAY!!! TGIF for everybody.
    Cabana Boys are doing the usual Happy Hour! Be there. Aloha~

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Hi Lana - big waves with silly grin on my face... hehe... have a great day!
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hi all - a day of meetings with no break in between. But it’s FRIDAY!!!!! Lana, save me a lounge chair. And a Cboy. Or two.

Tess
  • LanaCabana537
    edited December 2017
    Options
    tlsb2016 wrote: »
    Hi all - a day of meetings with no break in between. But it’s FRIDAY!!!!! Lana, save me a lounge chair. And a Cboy. Or two.

Tess

Done and done (2)!

Lana

• Tilliesmommy1
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Good evening,

Kitchen fan is replaced with a humidifier/anti humdifier?? to draw the moisture out of board. I was also told if my electricity bill was higher than usual they will give my account a credit (towards rent). Thanks Kathryn ;)

Just glad its Friday!!!! Had chicken chow mein for lunch and there was so much that I ate the rest before I came home and had an early dinner. 2 meals for one price!!

One of the ladies who I gave a scarf to said she went home and her mother in law ( I know this lady too) took the scarf and wont give it back! So I got a chocolate doughnut as she runs the cafe. Logged all my points and it is not as bad as I had planned - walked both breaks.

One more piece of potential good news. Woman left 2 weeks notice and she was supposed to train the guy who starts Monday so he is getting other work, so I asked my Supervisor if I could move to the soon to be vacant space and Manager approved it, need the Supervisor whose employee is leaving to okay it. Would be nice. Sorry if it made you dizzy to read.

* Find me next to Tess in a lounge chair - I am the one sleeping. Lana can amuse Tillie.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Kristina79Marie
    Kristina79Marie Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

For those who asked, I am using an app called 7. It is 7 minutes full body workout, 10 sec breaks between. You have to pay extra for the perks but I am happy with just the full body option.

I think you can share with people via email, I’m still trying to find more people with Apple Watch lol

It is 3:59 am. Another sleepless night from carpal tunnel. 12 days until surgery. Oh the joys of working in a school cafeteria and having to wait until Christmas break to get this done. Going on four months of sleep deprivation.

Have a wonderful day!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning.

Kitchen gadget is drying out air and dog had sneezing fit last night. She is okay at moment. Will open windows and run humidifier so that while the kitchen gadget can suck the water out of the cabinet - we can still exist.

Kristina - you are a night owl. 12 days is not a long time, but glad you are having surgery. Let's hope sleep will find you soon.

I also did not sleep well trying to download Microsoft's latest update (took a LONG time) and then I tweeked a ligament in my foot, so I am icing it as we speak and it is doing better. Just glad I dont have to work toda
    Off to snuggle up with dog. BBL.
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Kristina, sorry about the carpal tunnel! I will have frequent bouts of insomnia but it’s not due to physical pain so I have added empathy for you.

Sara - tweaked ligament - ouch! Feel better.

What is our group doing to ourselves?! We’re a tough team but our players are endsing up on Injured Reserve list! (Apparently I’m watching too much sports...)

We have snow in DC! Light sprinkle so far but supposed to last all day. Good day to make fudge for employee gifts and office holiday party.

BBL

Tess
  • LanaCabana537
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Good morning Everyone~~

Kristina and Tess and Sara - We are all falling apart right now it seems. I slept 4 hours. I had to get up for special exterminator treatment. The apartment next door to mine is a mess, and they needed to do mine, so that things that make an exodus don't like my place.
    The smell is disgusting-- smells like "burnt something familiar", but I can't place it. I'm waiting for another neighbor to come and help me put back and level my refrigerator. Then I am getting out of here!

It's gray and snowing here in the Big Apple, just like DC. Looks pretty, but not sticking. Good.

Sara - I'm glad for you that there's now a real chance that you will be moving to better place at work. Crossing fingers that the other person signs off on the idea, and you can be happier.

I made poor choices for dinner out with friend yesterday: scale is up. I cannot get away with any transgressions.
    The Scale Knows!!!!

Waves to all who stop by later on~~

Lana

244.0 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana I hope your day turned out okay,and I hope you had fun while you were "ousted" from your place. Was last night one of your 5 days?

Found a ginger cookie that has fewer calories than Belvita, but will see what grocery store has tomorrow/different store.

Making more breakfast burritos tomorrow that will give me 4 in the freezer and 2 portions of pulled pork fried rice.

Dvd was dropped off late last night and I installed it last night, but I needed a battery for the remote. Got rechargeable ones this morning so all is good and I can watch the Christmas shows again on DVD. Just saw that Acorn TV has Christmas specials, so new ones now too.

Off to cuddle up with Miss Tillie. Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - Yes, last night's indulgent dinner (the dessert I chose was the big ticket item) was one of the holiday-time "big dinners". 2nd one is birthday on the 16th, then Christmas, and maybe New Year's Eve (at home, hiding from the Crazy People. There isn't a 5th one yet. LOL!

Enjoy your Christmas shows with your new machine!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and fed, more zzz for me with any luck.

People are bringing in homemade and store bought cookies for the holidays at work and it is hard to walk by them, but so far I have. I have had other things left on my desk by people, so I am not without....

Lana - I can imagine your world being seriously crazy on New Year's Eve - what birthday plans do you have?

BBL.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - stay strong! It can be tough to avoid all the goodies... especially when placed on your desk... keep your own goodies with you... that's what I do and, it works mostly. I won't deny, I will grab a treat once in a while... but, I'm less likely to eat 5 cookies, if I have my own treats.

Lana- good planning! I stay inside on New Year's Eve, myself... don't trust others...i can imagine how crazy it is for you...Happy Birthday... hope you have a great day...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Leibniz I can get 6 butter biscuits for 130 calories - so that is my version of Belvita.

Push comes to shove I try and walk more.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sunday morning! They say the sun is shining. I'll have to shower, dress, and go out and see if it's true. LOL

Dawn and Sara - you are both strong with the work treats! When I worked, there were always treats out, and the restrooms were just off of the area with the treats, so I was caving in because I couldn't avoid seeing them.
    It is good that those days are now over.

But......my forced/disability retirement is starting to really sink in, and of course, it is too easy to remember all the good things about working, mostly my great colleagues. I need to keep reminding myself of the huge stresses and ugliness that can be involved with setting up a new show.

My birthday is the 16th; it falls on a Saturday. There is a nice restaurant nearby where I do not feel awkward eating alone, so I'll either go there or I'll shop for some indulgent food (maybe crabmeat or steak?) and have a special something at home. Don't know yet, but staying in may win out if it is very cold out. Plus I just hate the early darkness at this time of year.

Time to take a shower and maybe make a trip to Trader Joe's? I love their raisin bran and their steel cut oats.

*tossing hat and towel onto favorite lounge chair*

BBL

Lana

243.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Kristina79Marie
    Kristina79Marie Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    9:19 just finished a late 7 minute HIIT.

Son lost soccer game, a little disappointing for him but will recover. They played hard.

I just want you all to know, you’re great! And you all have nice butts too! Don’t ever forget that!!!

Laters!!!

K