Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    LOL! Thanks for that late-evening laugh, Kristina! Just what I needed after a day of not-enough-progress on my holiday to-do list (and no exercising!). Right back at ya!

Have a good sleep and a great Monday, all.

Still laughing,

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,351 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

K - been a long time since my butt got a rating. Had to laugh as well.

Time to wind down and cuddle up with Miss Tillie.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning - down .4 this week. Taking it and running away.

Dehumidifier got to me a couple of hours ago - it ran for 3 straight days. Will have to do. I have window open and it is cold enough again for the heater to run.

Will lurk from work. Make it a great Monday
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,893 Member
    Options

Good morning everybody!

Sara - Congratulations on the loss--that is great!

.....I would love some more coffee.....so so sleepy!

Lana
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Sara - so fan is out and dehumidifier is in? is dehumidifier just drying everything out too much? hopefully they get everything fixed soon so things can go back to normal.
    hows the foot doing? good luck on the move at the office. hope you get moved where you want to be!

Tess & Lana - thanks so much for the words of encouragement!

Annmarie - that count of sick days really sucks, certainly doesn't sound fair at all.

Kristina - sorry about the sleepless nights. i have the occasional bout of insomnia but its not painful. hope you respond well to surgery. and kudos for getting in the habit of doing those "7" workouts!

Made it through a company dinner on Thurs night and 'building' party on Fri afternoon. Both times, took food home in an attempt not to overeat and also so I had another meal. Another big accomplishment - no desserts either day!

DH sabotaged me a bit yesterday by bringing me blueberry crullers. Donuts are my kryptonite!

Sunday my 4x4 club did a food caravan down to a small town where we "adopted" the food pantry. We had a whole convoy of pickups and Jeeps full of boxed and canned goods as well as 30 frozen turkeys averaging 17 pounds each plus toys & clothes for kids. Hoping we can make the holidays a bit brighter for a few families.

Looking at a 12 hour day at work so I had a big breakfast with homemade spice pancakes made fresh blueberries. Using fruit instead of syrup as an attempt to ward off a few calories.
    Not sure if I will get my walking in today or not. They keep dropping stuff on me - like 2 new hires that no one told me about and that I had to in-process this morning. Will see how the rest of the day goes.

House is absolute mess where I have pulled out all the Christmas decor but have not had the time to put it all up yet. I was hoping to get it all done over the weekend, but I wasn't how long enough to make that happen! Seems like there is never enough time around the holidays!
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Kathryn - that is wonderful that your group "adopted" a food pantry and helped so much... this time of year is so tough... having a home cooked meal can really make the day, and knowing they will have more, makes it even better... thank you for caring!

Sara - good WI! I've braved the scale and don't like the number...I need to do better... on the plus side, it keeps fluctuating the same 2- 5lbs... so, could be worse I suppose...

Lana - waving as you fly by! Hope you have a good day...

Lots of sirens, today. People insist on burning when there is a no burn order..I just don't get it... fires always get outta control... and, it happens so quickly... hopefully, they get it contained and, no homes are damaged...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    I am not a pusher and don't want to post too much... just wanted to let everyone know, I am still selling Scentsy if anyone is interested... you can order from my site and have it delivered straight to you...I'm not doing so great, so trying to generate some sales... if you are interested... you can message me or, just check out my site..
    Thanks so much...

https://dawnleach.scentsy.us/party/8705544
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn, I forgot and I meant to order, thank you for the reminder - let's see if I can connect the dots.....
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - you are welcome and thank you! I'm actually going to my Sisters this weekend... hoping to get an order... but, this time of year is tough... so, won't be too disappointed if not... trying to stay positive... it's a struggle, just like everything else...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Good evening,

No more blower/dehumidifier in kitchen it has been cleared and "done" - I asked if I could get it in writing....... The leasing agent used to work maintenance so he said to look for holes - I call them vampire bites and yes they checked the drywall as well. So lets hope this is the end of this mess. Breathe deeply and let out a great cheer!!

Dawn I placed an order, more Christmas pine and a couple that smell good and hopefully wont send me headlong into the "dessert" mode. Is the Christmas Spruce one seasonal? I figured it might be and ordered while it was still available.

Dinner is waiting and I am hungry

If I dont fly by again, wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Checking in before bed, which is soon....

Waving to Sara and Dawn and Kathryn and Annie and Kristina and Tess and Missy and Annmarie and Samuels and anyone else who stops by later or early tomorrow morning.

Sleep well everyone~~

Lana
  • Kristina79Marie
    Kristina79Marie Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!!

I know it’s not right to brag but I did two circuits in my 7 app. Today is day 6. It’s a big deal to me just because I’m finally doing something more than just walking. I am actually pushing myself forward, now to work on pushing the fork away.

Just so you all know, I am thankful for each of you and this group. Even if it is just saying hi or a personal post, you all have pushed me to be better.

9 days until surgery.

Have a great day everyone!!
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Morning all - this is a long week, between busy days at work and busy nights with Christmas prep. Also trying to keep from Getty my that mary virus that’s been floating around work.

Kristina, good for you on accomplishing the circuits! You also referenced something that I hadn’t thought of in quite that way: when we reduce food intake, the fight is often to keep us away from doing something, whereas exercise is pushing ourselves TOWARDS something. It’s a positive action. That’s why the benefits of exercise are not only physical but mental as well.

Waves to all - will try to be back later.

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Not right to brag? Stop that thought process- you may motivate one of us!

Tis the season, people coming to work sick and sharing - lovely.

Lana - scent became my gift and I got Dawn some business - so win/win. Think Chai Tea and Apple cinnamon /cedar 2 scents I bought.

Dawn - can I combine scentsy cubes?

Neighbor I helped with her resume brought by a box of French Macaroons -36 :o - I am taking 1/2 to work to share so I can have one or two a day for awhile. Better than the whole box.....

Oatmeal is done and I am icing foot for a couple minutes.

Wave to all who follow.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - yes, you can combine cubes.. they actually have "recipes" of good combos.... it's all in what you like... give it a try and tell me what you think... thanks again! Have a good day!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Kristina! Brag away missy! Sara and Tess are right: you have a positive winning effect on all of us here!
    (Even the Cabana Boys are lifting their weights more!)

Sara - good plan for those macaroons!

Waving to Dawn and to everyone else who stops by later~~

Lana
  • joanamrca
    joanamrca Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! New to this group. Serial starter is definitely me!
    Any advice/ motivation you have from having been on this journey? Could really use some support!!!

Glad to meet you all serial starters like me!
    Joana
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Sara - YAY! no more fans or dehumidifiers! how is that foot? still nursing that pulled ligament? good plan with the macaroons!

Dawn - would love to get some scentsy but already spent all my Christmas money. I should have thought about it before now. :( I prefer candles to the cubes but I know my DD & DILs really like anything scentsy. Will have to see how I dig myself out of Christmas bills! they could be great birthday gifts.

Kristina - you are motivating, not bragging. you made me look up the app and download it again. now lets see if i can get in the routine of doing it every day!

*waving at Lana and whoever drops in!*
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Was on hold at work listening to ways to prevent falling, and went on break and you guessed it- skinned my knee a little, I am fine, icing just to do damage control but I was more worried about ruining my pants as I dont have many in that size...... my priorities need to be straightened out.
  • Kristina79Marie
    Kristina79Marie Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the support! I think you can share on the 7 app, more motivation!!!!

Welcome to the group Joana!! I joined this group not too long ago and now I am hooked! Everyone here has become my habit and it has helped tremendously!

Queen waves from freezing NKY!!!!