Lana

240 1/2 yesterday
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    <3 Happy Valentine's Day! <3

Seven dozen muffins made their way to my workplace today. All I did was throw away the empty boxes. Not even tempted by them at all.

I made a conscious decision to break my plan yesterday. For two weeks, I had been obsessing over a double-decker oatmeal creme pie and I ate one. Surprisingly, it cured the hunger cravings I had been fighting. Appetite is now suppressed again. So, mistake and NSV all in one?

Leaving work at noon today to get my stitches out of my mouth and to finalize my tax return. Doesn't that sound super romantic for the day? :D
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Amazing news - lost 9 pounds in 2.5 days. Bad news - it was all due to a nasty stomach virus. Still feel like I took a full helmet tackle to the gut by a professional linebacker, but am much better than last few days. Not feeling too Valentiney today so dinner out postponed until weekend or whenever.

Good to see everyone is keeping on track or darn close to it.

Will check in again later. Waves to all.
  • stutba
    stutba Posts: 152 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Happy Valentines Day!
    Not a romantic dinner planned, but DH requested Lasagna. (Gluten is not my friend) so I am making his traditional and trying a new recipe for me using a cream cheese base for a pizza crust, (Not!.) The comments said it tasted like lasagna so I am trying!

I have started and stopped gluten so many times I can not count. Mmmm Bread, Pasta, Cakes!

Once I start gluten rashes, GI issues, joints ache. Blah Blah Blah. Off and I feel years younger! So hard to break the cycle, but month in and not missing it yet.

Wishing all the Best! <3<3<3
    Birdie

PS:hickchic, flu is total misery, but Gods gift for weight loss :) Hope you have a speedy recovery.
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentine's everyone, nothing special here and that is OK. Enjoy your special meals or quiet time.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,330 Member
    Options
    Stutba check out King's Flour online they have gluten free mixes
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Hey! Ordered the second part of my Valentine's Day present to myself - a corral color pair of sandals to look forward to with a $10.00 off coupon.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,733 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Love the dog pictures. Marsel that is an awesome costume.

Cloudy today and rain through Sunday so I appreciated the last of the sun for awhile.

Lana time for you to check in and peep. Hope your trip went well.

Handed out heart shaped lollipops - gave one to each of the security guards who greet me in the morning. Someone gets the security guards doughnuts on Friday which I think is nice. Hard job and invisible to many.

Earworm to share 1970's Heatwave "Groove line" one of my favorite songs of that era - hard to stay seated - google and enjoy

So grab your friends, get the train comin' through
    Climb on board where you leave's up to you
    Leave you worries behind
    'Cause rain, shine, don't mind
    We're ridin' on the groove line tonight

Wave to all who follow.

I have worked in the security industry for over 20 years supervising and managing the guards out in the field. Let me tell you those guards will go above and beyond for kind gestures like that as most are underpaid, under appreciated and as you said never noticed unless something goes wrong. Thank you.

Tracey
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    brennerjlb wrote: »
    Happy Valentines Day! I did my nails for the day as well. A friend of mine started selling color street - they are nail polish stickers. I got a test pair so I have pink nails and my two ring fingers have the sticker polish of pink and silver glitter! Very festive. The claim is they last longer than painted nails. I am testing to see how that works. Very easy to put on! A little much for a set.
    Anyway...not much planned for the day - will make a nice meal for dinner. Avoid the whole going out thing - too many people.
    Wave to all!

My daughter uses Jamberry which are nail stickers too, pricy but she loves them.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    My goal of cutting down on social media and electronics time is ruining my keeping up with all the groups.

I am just waiting for the last 4 main parts of my daughters wedding invitations to print. Tomorrow I have to go find 16 more rolls of lace and stain 100 wooden hearts. Sunday is invitation making day. 5 of us are getting together to do it. One girl is always so late we hope she shows up, I’m dreading wrangling these girls on rehearsal and wedding day.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    8093 total steps.

Trying to figure out how to end day - reading? It is too early to go to sleep.

Neighbor who has a wonderful dog was with a man with an armful of flowers for my neighbor - give me food instead. I hope she got dinner too.

Wishing all a good night.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentines All! - Sweet husband showed up at work with flowers, chocolate covered strawberries and pizza's for my whole team. 47 years married and he is still my best friend. Hope everyone had a day with the people they love the most. I am very thankful for this group of on-line friends - Night all
  • mypixiedesigns
    mypixiedesigns Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Had a good day today. Got a short cardio workout in, spent time with my husband, didn’t eat too much and drank water.

Happy Valentine’s Day all! Hope it was great for you all
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    TGIF! Any plans anyone? Mine, I have none just the usual!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning, TGIF

Another early bird! My plans are to work on dejunking/resting and making more meals to freeze. I keep forgetting I have Monday off - I have to use my own time off for holidays so it is a little :s but a day of rest would be welcome.
    So I will start grocery and to do list today.

Luckily yesterday was not an onslaught of chocolate which may be a first.

Last day of rain for at least a week- 2 people I know had their backyard flood, so a break is needed.

Box of fruit/veg this morning at door - lost track of time, so luckily I can find a way to use all of it. I am planning on roasting green cauliflower - just saw recipe to roast with garlic and lemon both of which I have. That does sound yummy.

Lurking from work when I get there. Wave to all who follow.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Friday
    Yes TGIF!!!! I have a meeting with the IT site support guys at all of our hospitals this morning to keep them abreast of things my team has planned over the next few months. Always love talking to this group of smart, funny men and women!
    Glad it is Friday. Carving out a day to get my house clean and a good run in with Baxter tomorrow, then I'm working to help my son and his girlfriend get our old house in shape to move in. I let my nephew move in to help him over a rough patch, but this ended up being a case of "no good deed goes unpunished." House is pretty much trashed, complete with holes in the walls and floors with caked on dog poo. We have to de-trash and get it cleaned up before Merry Maids will touch it for a deep sanitize. They have both been working tirelessly after work every day for the last 2 weeks and it still looks awful. I hope for their sake we can turn the corner of this, but I will miss him and Baxter the Wonder Dog when he moves.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    TGIF - I agree!
    Suzu - that stinks. good luck on the cleaning! and wow! your hubby really came through!
    Sara - do you belong to a service that you got a fruit/veg box. that would be nice sometimes. I was hearing on the news all the rain on the west coast. yikes.
    Had dinner with my family. some nice steaks asparagus and potatoes. Was very good. and very nice to sit back and talk. my 2nd daughter lives with me - she is doing her internship to be a registered dietician. She too is engaged and they just put an offer in on a house. I will miss her when she moves ):
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/go-to-guides/work-survival-guide

Found this "work survival guide".... had some good tips!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Kathryn - looked at that link and its a keeper. Might even print it out - thanks!
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Well, I splurged on Valentine’s Day... overate by 21 calories. Been really trying to keep caloric intake beneath my limit this month... it got away from me last month. But is still way better than when I was t trying at all.

@arniedog74 The protein boxes were awesome!! These are the two they gave me. Made for a great snacking day!

f1ht7lvkregr.jpeg

wm6nrt72i06k.jpeg

No plans today. Pain is easing up a bit. But still exhausted and tired. It is cloudy today. 😢 I really enjoyed the sun peeking back out for a couple days. This is our greyest winter since I’ve moved here.

Have an awesome day 😎

Runa