Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @RunaMarti I’m glad you are getting some issues addressed the way they should be! We all need an advocate to take us seriously sometimes 🙌

More info about Bonchan is that it is a Korean style twice fried chicken chain restaurant that serves it dressed two ways: soy garlic and spicy. They also have other Asian food favorites like potstickers, kastu chicken, bimbimbap, etc. You can get wings or boneless and in increments of 10, 20, 30.

I saw that half baked harvest has an oven baked version that uses corn flakes instead of batter if anyone wants a healthy-ish home cook version.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    8657 total steps and rain is no longer in forecast tomorrow, things are looking up.

Bonchan no locations west of the Mississippi - oh well.

Wishing all a good night
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Evening all!!
    Runa - I am so happy that you are getting some help - Prayers and good thoughts at you girl!
    Stuba - I am SO not a good painter - Post some pictures of the re-do when you are through.
    @kerttu73 - Shopping can be kind of daunting sometimes, but you are on the right track here trying to get healthy. Don't give up.

So river cresting today and the rain is still coming down with no relief in sight until Sunday. Predicting the equal to one month of rainfall over the next 5 days. Stationary bike for me!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Usually work on Tuesday/Wednesday is more daunting as we have to work the high dollar accounts, got lucky yesterday which was a nice relief - I call the patient's "busy" but then to step back and imagine that many tests/apts is exhausting.

Had chocolate for the first time in days yesterday. Nice to be able to say that.

Lurking from work.

Wave to all who follow.
  • stutba
    stutba Posts: 152 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hi All,

Runa, hoping you get the help you need and find speedy recovery.

Kerttu, I have a size 8 pair of jeans I aspire to fit into again. I have one pair of jeans currently that I wear sometimes, but yoga and running pants are my staples. They are comfortable to wear and I am to stubborn to buy new clothes for my current size. Grrr.

Suzu, I will post pics when laundry room done.. I hope you will do the same with your project house.

Tilliesmommy, My saving grace for chocolate is a tsp of Hersey choc syrup with a banana. Working for now anyway.

Lana, we got more snow today. Walked the dog early before it all fell. Dreaming of warmer places.

Happy Day to all,
    Birdie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    8964 total steps

Dawn - that was one lucky cat to have so many people watching over him. You are right the sun came out to take him home. Hug your dogs. Dont be too surprised if down the road there is another clinic cat that the staff can take care of.

Found out I can get my carpet cleaned, which is a nice option and will give me a date to aim for with all my dejunking.

Wishing all a good night.
  • suzu_2
    Options
    @arniedog74 I am so sorry. It is very difficult to loose a patient, especially one you have a history with.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Thank you Sara and Suzu. It is very hard, indeed. Sorry, my posts is so long. I just hate talking about stuff like this with most people. But, I have to get it out or it just festers and I cry. Thankful for this group...
    Sara- I hope you are right about another kitty... it won't be the same without someone yelling for their food :)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

There is a lady trapping the cats here so they can be spayed before it becomes a catastrophe (not my joke but still bad sorry). One already caught is going to someones house and they hope to adopt it, so some good news out of this.

Cafe food for lunch which means more salt so will make sure to drink extra water.

First meeting with new Manager and Sup and the discussion was about bad dentists (I had crunched on something yesterday and so far no damage....) and baby boogers.

Will be able to schedule a carpet cleaning - giving me a day to aim for to clean out even more stuff.

Lurking from work. Almost Friday and I am grateful.

Wave to all who follow.
  • suzu_2
    Options
    Morning All! Tremendously busy at work at the moment. I have 2 out on surgical leave, and one of them is primary on two of our most complex and high-profile initiatives. All of my guys (and me!) were already busy with our own projects, so trying to help balance the load. Thank heaven they staggered their surgeries and one is back in 2 weeks. Trying to balance work between the teams, trying to balance work and life and family with my own health and wellness. Feels like tip-toeing between the land mines some days.
    Very grateful for an excellent tool like MFP, and for a wonderful group of supportive women (and an occasional man) like the Serial Starters.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- that is great about fixing cats. That is such a huge issue here. I never knew of so many feral colonies, until I moved to the lake. They are everywhere! We have several rescues/ clinics working on TNR (Trap Neuter Release) to try to get some control on cat population. It amazes me at how not only are there so many feral, but also so many people hoard animals. TNR is incredibly important. Happy to hear when people are helping control population. Hope they can find homes as well. Good luck with carpet cleaning and decluttering!

Suzu- hugs to you. Hope things don't get too outta control before everyone is back to work!
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    Dawn - sorry about the cat. If I worked at a vets I probably would be the crazy pet lady with too many pets!
    Suzu - don't forget to take a breath and you are number 1!
    Sara - baby boogers (: made me laugh.
    Have a great one - lurking.
    Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    suzu I woo'ed your find the board use is helping you, not your predicament at work.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    qweha9o9v08b.png

h12rv5whg077.png

sometimes it pays to look at your hair in the bathroom mirror - :/ one side of my head .

• stutba
    stutba Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Happy Day to all,

A pet or special animal can be a sad loss. Hugs to you.

I've been doing well at getting my exercise in. Jack got 2 walks in yesterday and went 2.5 miles on the treadmill last night.
    Today I had an appointment in snow covered northern Wisconsin and had to walk to the house and back to my car as the road was not plowed. (1 mile round trip). Guess this was a bonus for exercise today. :)
    More snow expected over the weekend. Grrr. I'm not sure what our total snowfall for month of Feb is, but I can tell you when trying to walk through a yard, the snow is easily thigh high. Dreaming of sunshine B) .

Hope all is having a great day.
    Birdie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    total steps 8195

English Muffin with hummus for dinner.

Watching Absolutely Fabulous disc 1 tonight.

Wishing all a good night.
  • suzu_2
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great day! It's FRIDAY EVE!!!!!!!!
    Love the posters - Cracking me up!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lynn and Birdie- thank you! Definitely a tough day. But, I have my pups to love and, all the other critters that come to the clinic... it will be ok...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Hair issue is the phone headset I use when I make calls - gets me every time. Coworkers dont say anything - maybe that's a kindness? Today will be a phone call day - so I shall see.

Will have to get out and walk all my breaks as the scale is talking to me.

TGIF - lurking when I get to work.

Wave to all who follow.